Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

DougRNS 01-13-22 11:30 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22372483)
It does matter, though. Vaxxed people can expect a bad cold and very low risk of hospitalization. Unvaxxed still have a much higher rate of hospitalization. But lucky for them, a much higher rate is still relatively low.

I'm boosted so I'm good. I don't tell random diabetics to lay off the sweets when I'm at at candy store. It's their problem. I believe that's where we are. Reminds me of this:

DougRNS 01-13-22 11:35 AM

I thought Frank had passed? Note the bike content.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6691d30a33.jpg

WhyFi 01-13-22 11:41 AM

Ah, fake ride done. I know that I'm preaching to the choir, but exercise is great to quiet a noisy mind; I just needed to tune out, and not think about anything for a spell, so I jumped in with the B Brevet Bunch for a bit. It was a nice reset.

rjones28 01-13-22 11:43 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22372325)
Just for the hell of it, mix some epsom salts in the water first. Tell your bandleader you're the new conductor.

Quality

rjones28 01-13-22 11:46 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22372375)
So this morning I had wool socks on, castelli toe thingys, bontrager booties, and then endura neoprene over shoes and my feet still started to get cold near the end.

Today it wasn’t even that cold.

That's a lot of gear on your feet. Did you cut off your circulation?

Velo Vol 01-13-22 11:48 AM

Leaf season is finally winding down.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a99de727e7.jpg

bampilot06 01-13-22 11:50 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22372511)
That's a lot of gear on your feet. Did you cut off your circulation?


no, I keep the front boa loose on my shoes and the top one snug. Feet don’t go numb since I switched shoes.

indyfabz 01-13-22 11:51 AM

Speaking of music…A friend of mine works for a well known florist here. A co-worker made this for the funeral of Leonard Hubbard at the request of his mother. Hubbard was the original bassist for The Roots, playing with the group for 15 years. He died last month of multiple myeloma at age 62.


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...fb121d45e.jpeg

bampilot06 01-13-22 11:52 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22372515)
Leaf season is finally winding down.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a99de727e7.jpg


thank you for the update.

Velo Vol 01-13-22 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22372465)
I thought the vagal reflex could be used for some people to stop A Fib, which I have. Remember, this is me.

Oh? Maybe we can get adjacent charging stations in the treatment room.

rjones28 01-13-22 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22372515)
Leaf season is finally winding down.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a99de727e7.jpg

wut

datlas 01-13-22 12:10 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22372499)
I thought Frank had passed? Note the bike content.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6691d30a33.jpg

Frank died years ago. I think it was an aggressive form of prostate cancer. Sad!

seedsbelize2 01-13-22 12:15 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22372428)
how far are you from guadalajara?

1000 km?

BillyD 01-13-22 12:20 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22372492)
I'm boosted so I'm good. I don't tell random diabetics to lay off the sweets when I'm at at candy store. It's their problem. I believe that's where we are. Reminds me of this:
https://youtu.be/SYJig3QIuXE

Yeah, but diabetes is not a contagious disease, it's not an obstacle to our children's education, and as widespread as it is, it still is not a threat to overwhelm our medical facilities. Anti-vaxxers are a threat to our society and I don't think we should lighten up on them one bit. But that's just me. :)

genejockey 01-13-22 12:26 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22372472)
I agree as a layman. Maybe we (society) should stop ragging on the anti Vax and mask people now. With Omicron it just doesn't matter.

I'm boosted so I'm good. :thumb:

Disagree. There's a yawning chasm between what it's like to get COVID for the vaccinated and unvaccinated, and now the unvaccinated are so completely filling the hospitals that people with OTHER problems, like, say a heart attack, are having to wait hours for care. So I think every excess death because someone who got vaxed and boosted couldn't get care when they needed it should be laid at the feet of the unvaxed. I cannot tell you how angry this all makes me. And masking? Yes, they should wear masks, because slowing down the wave makes it less likely the wave will swamp healthcare services.

And in any case, anti-vax and anti-mask people are all horrible, selfish ****heads who don't give a flying **** about other people. T'hell wit' 'em.

DougRNS 01-13-22 12:26 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22372578)
Yeah, but diabetes is not a contagious disease, it's not an obstacle to our children's education, and as widespread as it is, it still is not a threat to overwhelm our medical facilities. Anti-vaxxers are a threat to our society and I don't think we should lighten up on them one bit. But that's just me. :)

everyone gets omicron and spreads it. Sure a greater part is the unvaxxed but it is not practical or possible to measure accurately. I say live and let live. Smile on your brother love one another right now. Maybe those days are gone.
But that's just me.

seedsbelize2 01-13-22 12:26 PM

Town activity complete. I turned out to be not only painless, but somewhat pleasant. I picked up a few more KN95s. I find that if i ask everywhere I go, I get results on occasion. Ordering them online was not an option this time, as Amazon Prime is two weeks, at least, and this came so suddenly, we didn't have the time.
Also, daily tangerine consumption begun.

LAJ 01-13-22 12:30 PM

Omicron is like the 1998 Tour de France. Everyone is positive.

MoAlpha 01-13-22 12:35 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22372465)
I thought the vagal reflex could be used for some people to stop A Fib, which I have. Remember, this is me.

The vagus nerve and its innumerable branches carries the outflow of the entire parasympathetic system. It does many things to many organs–slows the heart, speeds digestion, lowers inflammation, etc.–all having to do with signaling and promoting the resting, recovering, state of the organism.

genejockey 01-13-22 12:45 PM

The problem with spending a Monday night building up a bike, when it's Winter, and you aren't retired, is that you can't ride it till Saturday. I have done all the fiddling I know how to do with position, shifting, braking, etc. The cables are now crimped.

I am ITCHING to ride the Litespeed, Frankengruppo notwithstanding. It's like a physical need. Also, I haven't ridden since Sunday, even on Zwift, and I'm jonesing.

datlas 01-13-22 12:50 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22372617)
The vagus nerve and its innumerable branches carries the outflow of the entire parasympathetic system. It does many things to many organs–slows the heart, speeds digestion, lowers inflammation, etc.–all having to do with signaling and promoting the resting, recovering, state of the organism.

Vagus means:


Velo Vol 01-13-22 12:52 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22372530)
wut

All of the tedious ivy/landscape areas are now cleaned out, save a small area behind the shipping container.

The end is near. :bday:

Velo Vol 01-13-22 12:55 PM

Interactive MOTD

13 January 2022

Discuss


rjones28 01-13-22 01:29 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22372639)
Interactive MOTD

13 January 2022

Discuss

https://twitter.com/SidKhurana3607/s...17897855655940

The Federal Reserve has a different view.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1dd0222a53.png

DougRNS 01-13-22 01:30 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22372671)
The Federal Reserve has a different view.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1dd0222a53.png

hopefully they are better at finance than they are at geography.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.