Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

BillyD 01-17-22 08:07 AM

I got about 4 inches but it’s freezing rain now. Treacherous. Going to wait until later to shovel, keep the freezing rain off the paved surfaces.

phrantic09 01-17-22 08:10 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22377028)
I got about 4 inches but it’s freezing rain now. Treacherous. Going to wait until later to shovel, keep the freezing rain off the paved surfaces.

This storm was woefully disappointing

Mojo31 01-17-22 08:33 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22377022)
I am fairly certain my wife thinks I am nuts considering how much I love the R3, but, I went through all of the events I have this year with her and every single one is gravel or gravel adjacent- so she’s starting to get why I want my main bike to be the bike I ride on these events.

the next trick will be convincing her to let me keep the revolt as the bike to have at the other house

They just don't think rationally so it's hard to make them understand our needs. :rolleyes:

rjones28 01-17-22 08:41 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22377026)
Of what?

Use your context clues.

Mojo31 01-17-22 08:51 AM

Tough one today.

Wordle 212 5/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Velo Vol 01-17-22 08:53 AM

Envious.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d57c9e574e.png

bampilot06 01-17-22 08:53 AM

For the doctors here. My wife is two months pregnant, and recently has started to really get worried about covid. She’s worried if she gets covid it could cause issues with the pregnancy. I don’t know how to ease her anxiety. I wear a mask at work, but I cannot not go to work.

LAJ 01-17-22 08:53 AM

Agree. Sneaky.

Wordle 212 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 01-17-22 09:05 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22377085)
For the doctors here. My wife is two months pregnant, and recently has started to really get worried about covid. She’s worried if she gets covid it could cause issues with the pregnancy. I don’t know how to ease her anxiety. I wear a mask at work, but I cannot not go to work.

Risk for badness quite low even with pregnancy if vaxxed/boosted.

Velo Vol 01-17-22 09:20 AM

MOTD

17 January 22


rjones28 01-17-22 09:22 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22377084)

If you leave now, you could be basking in the hot rain tomorrow afternoon.

indyfabz 01-17-22 09:24 AM

What gloomy looks like.


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ea7f16550.jpeg

indyfabz 01-17-22 09:34 AM

Life imitating a TV commercial.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/01...2426518373.jpg

Velo Vol 01-17-22 09:34 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22377119)
If you leave now, you could be basking in the hot rain tomorrow afternoon.

It's already tomorrow there.

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22377122)
What gloomy looks like.

Same, only with snow on the ground and smaller buildings.

Mojo31 01-17-22 09:42 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22377131)

Don't get it.

Yes, I know the Cowboys suck, even at their best.

indyfabz 01-17-22 09:51 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22377137)
Don't get it.

Yes, I know the Cowboys suck, even at their best.

Remember the old TV commercial where the guy painting the football field spells "Chiefs" "Chefs"? I think it was for Southwest Airlines.

Well...Guys last name is spelled "Esch", not "Ecsh."

Mojo31 01-17-22 09:56 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22377150)
Remember the old TV commercial where the guy painting the football field spells "Chiefs" "Chefs"? I think it was for Southwest Airlines.

Well...Guys last name is spelled "Esch", not "Ecsh."

:thumb: Did not catch that.

No wonder they lost like they did. Can't even get their names right.

Trsnrtr 01-17-22 10:06 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22377030)
This storm was woefully disappointing

When this weather system passed through the Midwest, it petered out about a county or two away from us and we only got a couple inches. After Illinois, it went berserk again. You’re welcome, TN, NC, SC, etc.

Velo Vol 01-17-22 10:08 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22377167)
You’re welcome, TN, NC, SC, etc.

No one thanked you.

DougRNS 01-17-22 11:04 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22376979)
I love your street

reminds me of this.

Trsnrtr 01-17-22 11:20 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22377086)
Agree. Sneaky.

Wordle 212 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 212 2/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got it in two. :thumb:

abshipp 01-17-22 11:20 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22376931)
So your going riding this morning right?

lol no. I moved here to get away from this crap. I also can't really get the bikes too dirty anymore since I keep them in the living room. Those are my excuses anyways.


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22376964)
Looks like Rockford, IL. :lol:

Bunch of bullcarp!


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22376979)
I love your street

Rent is high and the apartment is small but living in a historic district is pretty lovely.


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22376980)
The shop I was going to pick it up from sold it while I was still suffering from indecisiveness.

I did however, order some Zipp 303S for the bike I don’t yet have… my wife is going to love that

Bummer. I wish I could say I could try and help you out but I think our entire Cervelo allocation for this year is a single Aspero :rolleyes:

Eric F 01-17-22 11:30 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22377258)
Wordle 212 2/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got it in two. :thumb:

Nice. I'm at 3 guesses with 3 yellow letters, and stumped.

Trsnrtr 01-17-22 11:33 AM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22377272)
Nice. I'm at 3 guesses with 3 yellow letters, and stumped.

I'm a genius or it was luck; take your pick. :lol:

MoAlpha 01-17-22 11:34 AM

3rd try.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:48 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.