Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

big john 01-24-22 06:35 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22385737)
It made sense to them.

I worked at a Jeep-Eagle dealer and we serviced Renault cars as part of the deal. We all made jokes about the cars but whenever a Fuego came in we would all gather around to marvel at the weirdness and mock the poor guy who got stuck working on it. The wiring diagrams were pure comedy genius.

Then there was the Renault 5, or Le Car. The first time I opened the hood and saw the engine was behind the transmission was a WTF moment.
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.B...=0&w=254&h=190

rjones28 01-24-22 06:56 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22385816)
You know what I know?

I know you don't know about that.

genejockey 01-24-22 07:07 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22385868)
I worked at a Jeep-Eagle dealer and we serviced Renault cars as part of the deal. We all made jokes about the cars but whenever a Fuego came in we would all gather around to marvel at the weirdness and mock the poor guy who got stuck working on it. The wiring diagrams were pure comedy genius.

Then there was the Renault 5, or Le Car. The first time I opened the hood and saw the engine was behind the transmission was a WTF moment.
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.B...=0&w=254&h=190

Transaxle in front used to be popular with FWD, before everything became transverse engines. Cord did it that way. Citroen did it that way in the Traction Avant, and all their other cars for decades. It reduces the front weight bias a bit.

Velo Vol 01-24-22 07:09 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22385900)
I know you don't know about that.

I'm not old.

big john 01-24-22 07:14 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22385913)
Transaxle in front used to be popular with FWD, before everything became transverse engines. Cord did it that way. Citroen did it that way in the Traction Avant, and all their other cars for decades. It reduces the front weight bias a bit.

Do not want.
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.g...=0&w=168&h=191

genejockey 01-24-22 07:41 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22385922)

And then in the DS, they put the spare tire in front of all that.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...85e0276e3c.jpg

rjones28 01-24-22 07:44 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22385868)
I worked at a Jeep-Eagle dealer and we serviced Renault cars as part of the deal. We all made jokes about the cars but whenever a Fuego came in we would all gather around to marvel at the weirdness and mock the poor guy who got stuck working on it. The wiring diagrams were pure comedy genius.

Then there was the Renault 5, or Le Car. The first time I opened the hood and saw the engine was behind the transmission was a WTF moment.
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.B...=0&w=254&h=190

...

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1adfd7612e.png

Velo Vol 01-24-22 07:46 PM

MOTD

24 January 22


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6dc331ecba.png

Mojo31 01-24-22 08:01 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22385956)
And then in the DS, they put the spare tire in front of all that.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...85e0276e3c.jpg

Improves crash worthiness.

big john 01-24-22 08:22 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22385957)

Do not want that either.

LesterOfPuppets 01-24-22 08:29 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22383692)
Having a hard time swallowing being back at the bottom. Took me five years at the regionals to finally have enough seniority to have some say and control over my life, and thatís gone again. Donít get me wrong Iím extremely happy and blessed to be where I am at now, but itís def. hard adjustment.

You should move up to Canada and fly C&V aeroplanes


big john 01-24-22 08:29 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22385956)
And then in the DS, they put the spare tire in front of all that.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...85e0276e3c.jpg

Nice of them to put jugs of hydraulic oil in there.

LAJ 01-24-22 08:33 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22385956)
And then in the DS, they put the spare tire in front of all that.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...85e0276e3c.jpg

Along with the suspension fluid?

genejockey 01-24-22 08:35 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22386017)
Along with the suspension fluid?

Usually a good idea to have some extra. Trust me.

Velo Vol 01-24-22 08:37 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22386010)
You should move up to Canada and fly C&V aeroplanes

Move out west and be your own boss.


DougRNS 01-24-22 08:40 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22385917)
I'm not old.

that's debatable.

DougRNS 01-24-22 08:44 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22386011)
Nice of them to put jugs of hydraulic oil in there.

helps front impacts burn longer

seedsbelize2 01-24-22 09:47 PM

Home is where the hammock is. Swinging gently.
I learned to drive stick when I applied for a pizza delivery job, in college, and told the guy I knew how. An old Bronco.

Velo Vol 01-24-22 10:08 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22386031)
that's debatable.

Quasi-young, to be more specific.

phrantic09 01-25-22 04:02 AM

I need a new first word

Wordle 220 5/6

⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩⬛🟨🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

MoAlpha 01-25-22 06:17 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22386099)
Home is where the hammock is. Swinging gently.
I learned to drive stick when I applied for a pizza delivery job, in college, and told the guy I knew how. An old Bronco.

My daughter had a side gig as a divemaster for a scuba excursion company when she was a Fulbright Scholar in Iceland, which included driving a standard shift vehicle full of customers. She decided (as usual) to fake it and only lasted a few days, but it may have had more to do her limited ability to schlep tanks over the rocks than the driving.

datlas 01-25-22 06:29 AM

Mrs datlas is still trying to get me to drink the Wordle Kool-Aid. So far I have resisted.

Velo Vol 01-25-22 08:14 AM

I'm tired of having weird dreams; I may go on a sleep strike.

phrantic09 01-25-22 08:22 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22386270)
Mrs datlas is still trying to get me to drink the Wordle Kool-Aid. So far I have resisted.

I like that there is only one per day, so you donít get sucked in.

datlas 01-25-22 08:24 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22386347)
I'm tired of having weird dreams; I may go on a sleep strike.

Not a winning strategy. Trust me on this one.

phrantic09 01-25-22 08:24 AM

WhyFi

With a chain prep for wax, Iíve read all of the steps and have a question for you. Have you ever used a citrus degreaser instead of mineral spirits? What about the last step with a solvent like acetone? My preference is not to use harsh chemicals I canít dispose of.

LAJ 01-25-22 08:43 AM

Silly mistake.

Wordle 220 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

BillyD 01-25-22 08:51 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22386010)
You should move up to Canada and fly C&V aeroplanes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyPVVrtLpAo

That was interesting AF. Gotta look for part 2 later.

BillyD 01-25-22 08:55 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22386347)
I'm tired of having weird dreams; I may go on a sleep strike.

Dooo eeeeet.

seedsbelize2 01-25-22 09:01 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22386270)
Mrs datlas is still trying to get me to drink the Wordle Kool-Aid. So far I have resisted.

Keep it up. Next thing we'll see here is that dumb numbers game. Can't think of the name of it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.