Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Mojo31 02-18-22 08:26 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22414028)
what’s more glam than danger?

The things are always assploding. What’s not to like?


Mojo31 02-18-22 08:27 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22414031)

High class view!

Velo Vol 02-18-22 09:21 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22414010)
I am skeptical.

You think gravels don't exist here?

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22414031)
View from daughter’s roof.

What happened to Iceland?

rjones28 02-18-22 10:09 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22414086)
You think gravels don't exist here?

What happened to Iceland?

I'm skeptical that you've ever been in contact with it.

Velo Vol 02-18-22 10:18 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22414117)
I'm skeptical that you've ever been in contact with it.

There was some on the neighbourhood street just this month that washed down from a driveway construction.

Gross.

genejockey 02-18-22 10:19 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22414011)
That happened to me 3 times and I crashed twice but I don't have any pics. I do have this one.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...dbf04ed991.jpg

Lucky for me I was on the trainer, because on the road I'd probably have crashed.

genejockey 02-18-22 10:29 PM

Huh. I haven't done a Zwift race since before Christmas, but Zwiftpower has decided that I'm now a C. There go the easy podium spots. Now I'm gonna have to work.:cry:

genejockey 02-18-22 10:37 PM

Did Alpe du Zwift for the first time tonight. I had no idea how long it would take - between an hour and an hour and a half I guessed. And I didn't know how much power I could put down for that long, so I went conservative an aimed for 220w - about 86% of FTP. That left me with enough in the tank to push the last two segments JUST a little bit harder, which means I didn't leave it all on the virtual road.

Time was 1:17:26, which means...?

Next time, I'll try 10w higher, and see if I blow up.

EDIT: I forgot to set the Trainer Difficulty to 50%, so it was still running at my usual 100%. I suppose if I set it to zero, it would be easier to maintain a constant power, without reacting to every dip. But a bit less engaging.

indyfabz 02-19-22 05:55 AM

Good word today.

Wordle 245 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 02-19-22 06:03 AM

Getting ready for the gravel ride. I obsessed over tire pressure. The CX bike has 32mm tires, and most of today’s ride will actually be on the road. I chose 45F 50R as a compromise.

phrantic09 02-19-22 06:07 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22414245)
Getting ready for the gravel ride. I obsessed over tire pressure. The CX bike has 32mm tires, and most of today’s ride will actually be on the road. I chose 45F 50R as a compromise.

Sounds about right

phrantic09 02-19-22 06:08 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22414239)
Good word today.

Wordle 245 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

agree

Wordle 245 4/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

phrantic09 02-19-22 06:33 AM

Not a good day for outside:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...91a83717bb.png

Trsnrtr 02-19-22 06:52 AM

Another day and another day for the trainer. :(

Wordle 245 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Velo Vol 02-19-22 07:38 AM

Good morning sitcur.

It's never going to be warm again. :(

LesterOfPuppets 02-19-22 07:42 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22414239)
Good word today.

Wordle 245 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

uggh. If there are 4 words that share the same 4 letters, I'll pick at least two of the wrong ones first. :)

Wordle 245 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

rjones28 02-19-22 07:45 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22414310)
Good morning sitcur.

It's never going to be warm again. :(

Heater broken?

WhyFi 02-19-22 07:48 AM

Velo Vol's silliness must have infected my browser recommendations. This popped up in my pinterest feed this morning -

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...62610fa77a.jpg

BillyD 02-19-22 07:50 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22414038)
The things are always assploding. What’s not to like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F31fFLf5aw

Wow, the one where the wave just tosses flings the boat into the pilings is unreal, like some disaster movie.

Mojo31 02-19-22 08:04 AM

Wordle 245 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Surprised by that outcome.

indyfabz 02-19-22 08:12 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22414248)
agree

Wordle 245 4/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Had two realistic possibilities for my third guess. I’m good at picking the wrong one in those situations. I’ve done that at least 3 times.

WhyFi 02-19-22 08:15 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22414132)
Did Alpe du Zwift for the first time tonight. I had no idea how long it would take - between an hour and an hour and a half I guessed. And I didn't know how much power I could put down for that long, so I went conservative an aimed for 220w - about 86% of FTP. That left me with enough in the tank to push the last two segments JUST a little bit harder, which means I didn't leave it all on the virtual road.

Time was 1:17:26, which means...?

Next time, I'll try 10w higher, and see if I blow up.

EDIT: I forgot to set the Trainer Difficulty to 50%, so it was still running at my usual 100%. I suppose if I set it to zero, it would be easier to maintain a constant power, without reacting to every dip. But a bit less engaging.

Kudos.

The nice thing about the Alpe is the automatic segment data, so that you can treat it as a bunch of 2-8min intervals rather than an hour-long TT.

What's worked best for me is to set out with a recovery interval power in mind - I never target too far over FTP on a segment (the max is probably 1.2 on some of the really short ones), so I don't need to rest too far under FTP, either (usually my recovery target will be in the 0.85 -0.9 range). This approach works well for me because it'll let me wind it up a bit if I'm feeling my Wheaties, while being able to look forward to a rest that's still at a respectable pace.

Usually I'll consider the next two or three segments and decide how to attack them. Two short segments will probably mean a target of 1.1-1.2 on one followed by 0.9 on the next, that sort of thing. I don't like to "rest" too long, so a 5min+ segment will usually be .95-1.05 or so and then I'll have a rest segment before or after.

All of this also makes for a nice distraction, and I'll usually get lost in process until I take a beat and find myself already at corner #7 or something.

Velo Vol 02-19-22 08:33 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22414321)
Velo Vol's silliness must have infected my browser recommendations.

Sounds like BF might have a malicious cookie.

I'm not sure you'll get much help about it in Forum Suggestions & User Assistance. I haven't today. :(

big john 02-19-22 08:37 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22414124)
Lucky for me I was on the trainer, because on the road I'd probably have crashed.

Lucky for me both times I fell off were at low speed accelerating away from a stop. Just stand up to get going and next thing I know I'm on my back. The third time a pedal broke I felt the spindle break and stopped.
The broken crankarm pictured is from a friend who also fell at low speed.

big john 02-19-22 08:50 AM

It's a W.
Wordle 245 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.