Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

seedsbelize2 12-10-21 09:07 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22335342)
Some people from our NJ are here in town today. They are evaluating employee requests for exemptions from the company's vaccination requirement. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

I wonder if they'll bring their neti pots loaded with H2O2.
l

Darth Lefty 12-10-21 09:09 AM

Football has too many rules.

rjones28 12-10-21 09:12 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22335309)
The standard medium of exchange is the USD.

Expressed in terms that real cyclists can relate to.

Velo Vol 12-10-21 09:13 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22335373)
Objection - speculation.

You probably were angered by this, too, when it happened against your Jets.


rjones28 12-10-21 09:14 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22335313)
That BB shell looks yuge!

#BSAordeath

They offer a T47 option.

rjones28 12-10-21 09:15 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22335317)
Current iteration or 20 y/o iteration?

Current

Litespeed Ultimate Rim-Brake Titanium Frame or Frameset | Performance Road - Litespeed Bicycles

MoAlpha 12-10-21 09:21 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22335342)
Some people from our NJ are here in town today. They are evaluating employee requests for exemptions from the company's vaccination requirement. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

Have they brought an inquisitor to judge the sincerity of religious belief? That's the route I'd go if I didn't want to be vaxed.

indyfabz 12-10-21 09:22 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22335377)
I wonder if they'll bring their neti pots loaded with H2O2.
l

The people in the meeting are vaccinated.

Velo Vol 12-10-21 09:41 AM


Originally Posted by Darth Lefty (Post 22335379)
Football has too many rules.

Be more specific.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22335384)
Expressed in terms that real cyclists can relate to.

I am a real cyclist. Never been on an ebike.

MoAlpha 12-10-21 09:55 AM

Just sent in the draft of the quadrennial report I've been working on nonstop for the last six weeks. It's a big deal and the opinion of the outside committee who will review it and grill me in March will largely determine my funding, pay, and general stock price around here for the next four years. . Now I need to deal with all the stuff I put off for it and start being nice to LSS again.

genejockey 12-10-21 10:03 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22335285)
They hit back.

My MIL had an '80s era 944, and as it became a senior 944 the repair and maintenance costs smacked her upside the pocketbook more than a few times.

Some people, like masochists, might like that kind of stuff.

I watched a video the other night. A guy bought a clapped-out, rustbucket 1959 Austin Healy 'Bug Eye' Sprite, then documented his FIVE YEAR restoration of it, including basically replacing probably 1/3 of the sheetmetal. He estimated he put at least 500 hours and $13,000 in parts into it.

This made me feel a lot better about my bike habit.

Velo Vol 12-10-21 10:06 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22335338)
I sold 3 bikes this year, enough to cover one month's rent for a 1/1 apartment :)

How many bikes is Oregon going to have to sell to get a coach?

datlas 12-10-21 10:10 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22335419)

I am a real cyclist.

But are you a serious cyclist??

datlas 12-10-21 10:11 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22335431)
Just sent in the draft of the quadrennial report I've been working on nonstop for the last six weeks. It's a big deal and the opinion of the outside committee who will review it and grill me in March will largely determine my funding, pay, and general stock price around here for the next four years. . Now I need to deal with all the stuff I put off for it and start being nice to LSS again.

So could you purposely **** it up and take an early retirement? That would be tempting for me.

rjones28 12-10-21 10:12 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22335419)
Be more specific.

I am a real cyclist. Never been on an ebike.

Live a little.

datlas 12-10-21 10:16 AM

Mrs datlas and I went on a 3 mile walk on our local MUP the other day. We saw a few bikes, a couple of e-bikes, and a surprisingly large number of (obviously full) plastic doggy-poop bags, I would estimate maybe a dozen. Typically right on the edge of the MUP. I don't understand why a dog owner would bag the poop but not take it away. :foo:

Any dog owners have an opinion??

Velo Vol 12-10-21 10:17 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22335443)
But are you a serious cyclist??

Not currently.

LesterOfPuppets 12-10-21 10:17 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22335285)
They hit back.

My MIL had an '80s era 944, and as it became a senior 944 the repair and maintenance costs smacked her upside the pocketbook more than a few times.

Some people, like masochists, might like that kind of stuff.

I have a couple of strong GM 3400s I could swap in. Would need a RWD transmission though :)

ls01 12-10-21 10:19 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22335419)
Be more specific.

I am a real slow cyclist.

fft

LAJ 12-10-21 10:21 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22335431)
Just sent in the draft of the quadrennial report I've been working on nonstop for the last six weeks. It's a big deal and the opinion of the outside committee who will review it and grill me in March will largely determine my funding, pay, and general stock price around here for the next four years. . Now I need to deal with all the stuff I put off for it and start being nice to LSS again.

In the funding and pay, was there a high toned Pinarello Dogma in there? You know. For the fellow that put this thing together?


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22335445)
So could you purposely **** it up and take an early retirement? That would be tempting for me.

There's that too.

LAJ 12-10-21 10:23 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22335452)
Mrs datlas and I went on a 3 mile walk on our local MUP the other day. We saw a few bikes, a couple of e-bikes, and a surprisingly large number of (obviously full) plastic doggy-poop bags, I would estimate maybe a dozen. Typically right on the edge of the MUP. I don't understand why a dog owner would bag the poop but not take it away. :foo:

Any dog owners have an opinion??

Just because one is a dog owner, doesn't necessarily make them smart. It generally just means they're nice, and many times, just nice to their dogs.

ls01 12-10-21 10:23 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22335438)
I watched a video the other night. A guy bought a clapped-out, rustbucket 1959 Austin Healy 'Bug Eye' Sprite, then documented his FIVE YEAR restoration of it, including basically replacing probably 1/3 of the sheetmetal. He estimated he put at least 500 hours and $13,000 in parts into it.

This made me feel a lot better about my bike habit.

Go on you tube. Look up Cold War Motors . Find his videos of his 59 Fury . You want to see what a talented Craftsman can do with sheet metal. Unbelievable skill set .

MoAlpha 12-10-21 10:41 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22335445)
So could you purposely **** it up and take an early retirement? That would be tempting for me.

I keep telling everyone this is my last one, but no one believes me.


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22335458)
In the funding and pay, was there a high toned Pinarello Dogma in there? You know. For the fellow that put this thing together?

Damn. I'll add it in the revisions.

phrantic09 12-10-21 10:42 AM

So, I saw a bike listing of a Domane Project 1 SLR 9 for $4,000 in my size (56) Itís super tempting, only problem is the seat-stay is cracked through.

could probably get it fixed for like $600 and Iím super tempted.

big john 12-10-21 10:45 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22335438)
I watched a video the other night. A guy bought a clapped-out, rustbucket 1959 Austin Healy 'Bug Eye' Sprite, then documented his FIVE YEAR restoration of it, including basically replacing probably 1/3 of the sheetmetal. He estimated he put at least 500 hours and $13,000 in parts into it.

This made me feel a lot better about my bike habit.

Seems he's just doing it as a hobby and not considering the cost. Also, 500 hours over 5 years seems like a low-ball estimate. Saw a nice one for sale @11.5K on the web.
We would get people at the dealer bringing cars in trying to get them "restored". One guy had a 96 Impala SS which was pretty beat and he spent like $20K at our place plus had someone put a new interior in it and it was still a pos. They are semi-collectable but we showed him he could get a really nice one for under $15K but he scoffed.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.