Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Trsnrtr 04-07-20 05:55 AM

Heading to Costco this morning for “senior hour” shopping. Wish me luck. Yesterday I tried to go but the line outside was 75’ long so I passed.

datlas 04-07-20 06:11 AM

Update, I did get an email reply from comcast, cut/paste is below.

​​​​----------------------Good evening Mr. Atlas,

Thank you for your email to Brian Roberts regarding your unpleasant experience. By chance were you able to get the license plate or truck#? We would like to address this.

So that we can better assist you, please reply back to this email with your service address, city, state, zip code and a telephone number where you can best be reached.

Once we receive this information, you will be contacted by phone within a few hours. Our goal is to address this as quickly as possible!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, as we strive to deliver a superior customer experience to our customers every day.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxx

-----
This looks like a slightly customized form letter, but at least it's something. I replied via email that I did not get a license plate or vehicle number, but I noted the time and exact location, so if they have the technology I expect they could contact the driver.

That said, I have low expectations for any further response from them. But at least I got it off my chest in a fairly civilized manner.

rjones28 04-07-20 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21404860)
I need a hair cut. :(

I don't.

MoAlpha 04-07-20 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21404869)
Heading to Costco this morning for ďsenior hourĒ shopping. Wish me luck. Yesterday I tried to go but the line outside was 75í long so I passed.

Luck wished!

Going to the Commissary today, but I don't qualify as a senior there and there's no density control. Fortunately, it doesn't tend to be crowded. Will wear a mask and maybe a bandana over it for extra security and because I don't want anyone to think the mask was misappropriated.

MoAlpha 04-07-20 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21404882)
Update, I did get an email reply from comcast, cut/paste is below.

​​​​----------------------Good evening Mr. Atlas,

Thank you for your email to Brian Roberts regarding your unpleasant experience. By chance were you able to get the license plate or truck#? We would like to address this.

So that we can better assist you, please reply back to this email with your service address, city, state, zip code and a telephone number where you can best be reached.

Once we receive this information, you will be contacted by phone within a few hours. Our goal is to address this as quickly as possible!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, as we strive to deliver a superior customer experience to our customers every day.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxx

-----
This looks like a slightly customized form letter, but at least it's something. I replied via email that I did not get a license plate or vehicle number, but I noted the time and exact location, so if they have the technology I expect they could contact the driver.

That said, I have low expectations for any further response from them. But at least I got it off my chest in a fairly civilized manner.

Hey, it's more than one usually gets from a non-contact road encounter.

Trsnrtr 04-07-20 06:29 AM

datlas Many years ago back in the early 80s, I was hit by the large side mirror of a cable tv van. I was knocked into the ditch. The van stopped about 500' or so down the road but didn't come back to check on me, but instead left after I picked myself up.The company was Continental which was one of the precursors to Comcast/Xfinity.

Luckily, it was winter and I was wearing numerous layers because we didn't have fancy tech clothes back then and I wasn't hurt but just bruised. I filed a police report but the sheriffs dept. suggested that I talk to the CATV office first and if I didn't get satisfaction to let them know.

I went in the next day and the office manager knew exactly who the driver was by the time and location. He told me that the driver had some "notes" in his file and may very well be terminated if the head office deemed it necessary but at the least he would probably get a "vacation" without pay if handled locally. By this time, I could tell that I wasn't damaged in any way so I said that I would let him handle it.

For a long time after, every Continental CATV van passed me as far over as possible so I assume they had an employee cycling talk of some kind. :D

rjones28 04-07-20 06:31 AM

rjones28, Sr. (serious cyclist) was released from the hospital yesterday with a backpack full of meds and several new best friends. He will "meet" them over the next week or so.

Trsnrtr 04-07-20 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21404912)
rjones28, Sr. (serious cyclist) was released from the hospital yesterday with a backpack full of meds and several new best friends. He will "meet" them over the next week or so.

Good news! :thumb:

Trsnrtr 04-07-20 06:33 AM

BTW, we still have some small groups riding and even posting pics on Strava. SMFH

MoAlpha 04-07-20 06:36 AM

:thumb:

Velo Vol 04-07-20 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21404897)
I don't.

Why not?

abshipp 04-07-20 06:57 AM

Sure am glad that the pending stimulus check hasn't landed quite yet.

There's a Pink Frosting cantilever Trek Crockett like WalksOn2Wheels has sitting on the local CL that's in the very frustrating "smaller than ideal l but I could maybe make it work" size.

Really good deal though. Hopefully someone else capitalizes on it in a safe manner. Even though I'm not really sure if that's possible with an in-person meeting :(

rjones28 04-07-20 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21404917)
BTW, we still have some small groups riding and even posting pics on Strava. SMFH

Over the weekend, Onondaga county (home of Syracuse) announced that all golf courses had to close, effective last night at 8pm. Naturally, the courses were packed with golfers.

rjones28 04-07-20 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21404918)

Bonus, for him, he lives with a retired nurse.

rjones28 04-07-20 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21404924)
Why not?

Hair bands

WhyFi 04-07-20 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21404966)
Hair bands

:foo:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ebce915080.jpg

abshipp 04-07-20 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21404954)
Over the weekend, Onondaga county (home of Syracuse) announced that all golf courses had to close, effective last night at 8pm. Naturally, the courses were packed with golfers.

Well yeah, the courses become unsafe after they're closed. Better get one last round in before it gets too dangerous!

Bah Humbug 04-07-20 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21404954)

Over on ST, one of the elder statesmen is insisting that he shouldn't have to stop group rides until a study proves it transmits that way, because he doesn't think it will happen outside at speed.

rjones28 04-07-20 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21404982)
Over on ST, one of the elder statesmen is insisting that he shouldn't have to stop group rides until a study proves it transmits that way, because he doesn't think it will happen outside at speed.

Is he also a golfer?

BillyD 04-07-20 07:21 AM

Spoiled, entitled, selfish, ignorant people.

BillyD 04-07-20 07:25 AM

Awesome.

BillyD 04-07-20 07:27 AM

Caution: Humorous content

Originally Posted by himespau (Post 21385924)

LAJ 04-07-20 07:30 AM

berner 04-07-20 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21404986)
Spoiled, entitled, selfish, ignorant people.

I'm beginning to think the human race is doomed. It's just a matter of time.

Bah Humbug 04-07-20 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by berner (Post 21405033)

Iím just amazed we made it this long.

abshipp 04-07-20 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by berner (Post 21405033)

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21405037)
Iím just amazed we made it this long.

I do wonder what type of filter we'll get run through.

Bah Humbug 04-07-20 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21405040)

Iím just of the belief that (meaningful) interstellar transportation is impossible, and that explains it all. Will expand when Iím back at my laptop.

LAJ 04-07-20 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21405040)

I likely went through a coffee filter, because coffee.

LAJ 04-07-20 08:35 AM

https://racer.com/2020/04/07/mercede...s-away-design/

rjones28 04-07-20 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21405073)
I likely went through a coffee filter, because coffee.

Quality