Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

phrantic09 07-04-21 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22128246)
Live, in person games are rarely snoozeballs. An in-person Yankees v. Boston game will give you a year’s worth of memories. :lol:

No game at Fenway is ever a snooze fest.

Velo Vol 07-04-21 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22127944)
Southern California is road bike central.

It's a different world there.

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22128174)
Anyone notice how VV purgatory ended just about the same time this site went off the rails?

Really makes you think.

big john 07-04-21 08:48 AM

It's nice just sitting here but I need to get out and do some easy spinning for a couple hours before it gets to 100 degrees. I'd like to not climb anything today. Maybe just a little climbing.:)

just checked the weather, only supposed to get into the low 90s.

LAJ 07-04-21 09:06 AM

We raced with the 50+123 again yesterday, and it's hard to keep track of who's who. It's always fast though. Either way, I threw caution to the wind and barged my way towards the front on the last lap. After attacking and going with attacks quite often, I rested the next to last lap, thank heavens. The last lap I was in decent shape, then then as usual, I started to get swarmed... No more of those shenanigans, and stepped on the gas and got top ten or so in the pack at the last corner. Like I say, it's hard to read numbers when you're on the limit, but I figured I did sort of well. Come to find out I took third, and it felt good to stand on one of the podium steps after a bit of a drought.

rjones28 07-04-21 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22128340)
We raced with the 50+123 again yesterday, and it's hard to keep track of who's who. It's always fast though. Either way, I threw caution to the wind and barged my way towards the front on the last lap. After attacking and going with attacks quite often, I rested the next to last lap, thank heavens. The last lap I was in decent shape, then then as usual, I started to get swarmed... No more of those shenanigans, and stepped on the gas and got top ten or so in the pack at the last corner. Like I say, it's hard to read numbers when you're on the limit, but I figured I did sort of well. Come to find out I took third, and it felt good to stand on one of the podium steps after a bit of a drought.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

WhyFi 07-04-21 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22128268)
Hopefully not a VW- you can’t replace them without recoding the ECM. Found out the hard way.

Really? I replaced mine last year... but it is getting to be vintage - 2012.

WhyFi 07-04-21 09:12 AM

:bday:

BillyD 07-04-21 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22128174)
Anyone notice how VV purgatory ended just about the same time this site went off the rails?

Coincidence?

Hmmmmmm.

BillyD 07-04-21 09:46 AM

You go, champ!

DougRNS 07-04-21 10:18 AM

that's friggin' awesome. Mixing it up with the utes and stealing their candy. :thumb:

datlas 07-04-21 11:03 AM

The house next to us will be going on the market next week and already has a “Coming Soon” sign up.

Mrs datlas said she has seen several cars driving by very slowly.

#SellersMarket

datlas 07-04-21 11:04 AM

Kudos

Velo Vol 07-04-21 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22128460)

Maybe they're admiring the Saturn?

indyfabz 07-04-21 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22128268)
Hopefully not a VW- you can’t replace them without recoding the ECM. Found out the hard way.

Subaru Forester. Second time in 5 years. Now the car is out of warranty.

datlas 07-04-21 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22128473)
Maybe they're admiring the Saturn?

It’s certainly possible. But it’s NOT for sale.

Velo Vol 07-04-21 11:33 AM

Your bike-riding feats pale in comparison to the greatest athlete of our time.

Mojo31 07-04-21 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22128479)
It’s certainly possible. But it’s NOT for sale.

Everything is for sale. Just a matter of price.

DougRNS 07-04-21 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22128486)
Everything is for sale. Just a matter of price.

My brain and heart - not for sale at any price.

Trsnrtr 07-04-21 12:43 PM

The house next to us will be going on the market next week and already has a “Coming Soon” sign up.

#SellersMarket

Yep, a house behind us just sold in 24 hours and the price was 20% more than we paid 3 years ago for more square footage.

Mojo31 07-04-21 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22128504)
My brain and heart - not for sale at any price.

My brain is for sale on a daily basis. Don’t have a heart to sell.

big john 07-04-21 01:29 PM

#SellersMarket

The house across the street from us is still vacant. Some months back the owner passed away and the tenants moved out. Some people came and cut the 3 foot tall weeds and hauled out some garbage but now I hear through the grapevine the family is going to let it go to foreclosure. This seems hard to believe in this market.

We hear they owe over $300k and the house needs a butt-load of work, so maybe their logic is sound, as the Zestimate is $425k. That would be the cheapest house in the area, but it's only 480 sq ft with no garage.

DougRNS 07-04-21 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22128553)
My brain is for sale on a daily basis. Don’t have a heart to sell.

that's rental income.

phrantic09 07-04-21 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22128348)
Really? I replaced mine last year... but it is getting to be vintage - 2012.

Yah, went to get a battery at Autozone and they said “you know the dealer has to do that right?” Makes sense, after the jump start every warning light in the car stayed on. Cruise couldn’t set, traction control error etc. So I didn’t get the battery there and got bent over to the tube of $300 for a battery and install at my dealer on 16 Passat.

phrantic09 07-04-21 02:20 PM

#SellersMarket

houses here are going up without list prices with a 24 hour bid window. It’s nuts. If I didn’t love my spot so much, I’d consider selling and renting. Could probably get 50 more than we paid.

Trsnrtr 07-04-21 02:53 PM

So, my wife and I did a short recovery ride today, only 17.76 miles give or take a 0.01 mile and my Garmin reported a recovery time of 72 hours. :eek:

We have a 50 mile club ride tomorrow and 72 hours recovery isn’t in the stars. How the heck do they realistically figure these things anyway?!?