Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

WhyFi 03-23-22 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22448686)
...Justin Jefferson?

He wouldn't be denied, but they tried. The old regime had a habit of sitting rookies and then shrugging when they never developed. They wouldn't start JJ the first two games of his rookie season, but then he busted out in game 3 and forced their hand. More to the point, he's really the only 1st or 2nd Round WR success story that the Vikings have had since Moss.

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22448686)
If that QB is worth it, he'd better be able to elevate his receivers (which I suspect has much to do with your team's recent receiver issues, along with coaching).

Cousins hasn't been the problem. He wasn't the one trying to run out the clock with a 10-point lead in the 2nd quarter.

MoAlpha 03-23-22 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22447992)
Waiting for my blood draw for baseline "viscosity" as I move to Coumadin from a drug that costs 6,000/year.
#YouHeardMe

Who made that call, your underwriter?

DougRNS 03-23-22 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22448821)
Who made that call, your underwriter?

I made the call, since I'm paying. I have a high deductible plan.

gnome 03-23-22 06:32 PM

Coffee time.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...145af6ccb.jpeg

ls01 03-23-22 06:37 PM

So, from the factory my Roam had pretty much the entire world mapped in it. It needed to update but did not have enough memory to do it. The fix is to delete all the maps. Do a reboot. Do the update. Do a factory reset. Add in the maps I use. Michigan and Kentucky. Reinstall the sensors. Done. The first time I tried to put the U.S.A back in it ,I only got as far as Illinois . The new maps have entirely too much detail, is what I was told by the rep from Wahoo. They "consume" memory. So crisis averted. Thank Dog. Cassette showed up yesterday, new shifter today! Can't wait to get started on it.

Also today is my Pops 82 Birthday. He is in his recovery week after a week of chemo. He has aged 10 years in the last couple months. The plan is 1 week chemo, one week recovery, with supervision and transfusions as needed. 2 weeks monitored normalish living , then 1 week chemo again . Rinse, repeat. The chemo is kicking the shiz out of him but it's also kicking the shiz out of the Lukemia.

LesterOfPuppets 03-23-22 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22448857)
So, from the factory my Roam had pretty much the entire world mapped in it. It needed to update but did not have enough memory to do it. The fix is to delete all the maps. Do a reboot. Do the update. Do a factory reset. Add in the maps I use. Michigan and Kentucky. Reinstall the sensors. Done. The first time I tried to put the U.S.A back in it ,I only got as far as Illinois . The new maps have entirely too much detail, is what I was told by the rep from Wahoo. They "consume" memory. So crisis averted. Thank Dog. Cassette showed up yesterday, new shifter today! Can't wait to get started on it.

Also today is my Pops 82 Birthday. He is in his recovery week after a week of chemo. He has aged 10 years in the last couple months. The plan is 1 week chemo, one week recovery, with supervision and transfusions as needed. 2 weeks monitored normalish living , then 1 week chemo again . Rinse, repeat. The chemo is kicking the shiz out of him but it's also kicking the shiz out of the Lukemia.

Yeah, chemo is rough. My mom did two rounds over the last 3 years. Now they essentially have her on "maintenance" chemo in a pill form.

LesterOfPuppets 03-23-22 06:44 PM

Oooh, there's an IF CX bike on the local FB list. Only $500. Sweet pink paint with metal flake and a deep purple King HS. (unfortunately a hideous fork).

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...kg&oe=624082DB

Mojo31 03-23-22 06:46 PM

Sounds like a tough ride. Hope it’s worthwhile.

It’s hard to watch the folks age.

seedsbelize2 03-23-22 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22448853)

My preferred method

seedsbelize2 03-23-22 07:17 PM

Leukemia took my dad at 92. Today is his 99th.

DougRNS 03-23-22 07:52 PM

Did you play this while enjoying it?

indyfabz 03-24-22 03:57 AM

:cry:

Wordle 278 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 03-24-22 04:28 AM

Happy National Cheesesteak Day!

MoAlpha 03-24-22 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22448823)
I made the call, since I'm paying. I have a high deductible plan.

Glad it was you and for your own benefit!

Trsnrtr 03-24-22 05:59 AM

Coffee time.

I used one of those for awhile and enjoyed it but my wife had an aversion to the thing for some esthetic reason and was always hiding it away. I saw a YouTube video about 6 months ago about how to "properly" use it to make coffee. After begging my wife for awhile, she finally produced the thing from wherever she hid it and I followed the directions. Damn, it made some excellent coffee. Why didn't the thing come with instructions?

For whatever reason, the proper way to use the pot isn't intuitive to me despite its simple appearance. And, my wife has hidden it away again. :foo:

ls01 03-24-22 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22448861)
Yeah, chemo is rough. My mom did two rounds over the last 3 years. Now they essentially have her on "maintenance" chemo in a pill form.

He gets it I.V. , then the pill until his white count tanks. Then they stop the chemo and give him transfusions if needed and / or something else to get his count back up. Can't remember the name of the drug. Blood draws every day. Hard to watch let alone go through it. I can't imagine.

Trsnrtr 03-24-22 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22449097)
:cry:

Wordle 278 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I thought I was going to get a 6 for sure, but I plugged a throw-away word in just to expose some specific letters and it turned out to be the answer. :foo:

Wordle 278 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ls01 03-24-22 06:06 AM

Thanks for hearing me guys. It's a tough one for sure.

Trsnrtr 03-24-22 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22449155)
He gets it I.V. , then the pill until his white count tanks. Then they stop the chemo and give him transfusions if needed and / or something else to get his count back up. Can't remember the name of the drug. Blood draws every day. Hard to watch let alone go through it. I can't imagine.

:hug:

DougRNS 03-24-22 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22449143)
Glad it was you and for your own benefit!

yes, I'll jump through hoops to save $6k

#DougsAreThrifty

DougRNS 03-24-22 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22449155)

I'll be 60 next year, I think it gets tougher as we age. Hang in there as best you can for your dad.

Bah Humbug 03-24-22 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22448864)
Oooh, there's an IF CX bike on the local FB list. Only $500. Sweet pink paint with metal flake and a deep purple King HS. (unfortunately a hideous fork).

That tends to happen; a lot of the older forks are :twitchy:.

Bah Humbug 03-24-22 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22449157)
I thought I was going to get a 6 for sure, but I plugged a throw-away word in just to expose some specific letters and it turned out to be the answer. :foo:

Wordle 278 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I was better than yesterday.

Wordle 278 4/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

phrantic09 03-24-22 07:24 AM

I was able to save it a little today

Wordle 278 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

rjones28 03-24-22 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22449106)
Happy National Cheesesteak Day!

We celebrated last night -- NCD Eve.

PC: from the sandwich shop's Facebook.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a21a9628ef.png