Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Trsnrtr 10-14-21 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22269641)
Turn off all other electronics except the trainer and the phone you're running the ap on. I ran into something like this with my Snap. If you've got a head unit, turn it off. Laptop? Close it. Definitely don't try to do a spindown on the Wahoo app while Zwift is open, even if you're not connected to it yet/

I was going to post something similar. I've had problems when there are too many signals in the immediate area.

Eric F 10-14-21 10:41 AM

Turn off all other electronics except the trainer and the phone you're running the ap on. I ran into something like this with my Snap. If you've got a head unit, turn it off. Laptop? Close it. Definitely don't try to do a spindown on the Wahoo app while Zwift is open, even if you're not connected to it yet/

This ^^^. When I calibrate my Saris trainer, I have to close down everything else.

Eric F 10-14-21 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22269442)
Just crashed, bad. Unfurling believable.

Front wheel is bent, tire is popped still trying to see any other damage. Kit is destroyed. Helmet did its job.

Damn. Sorry to hear that, man. That sucks a lot. I hope the frame and fork are okay...and your body.

MoAlpha 10-14-21 10:48 AM

I thought I had seen BT ****ery before I got a smart trainer. :crash:

BillyD 10-14-21 10:51 AM

Ever get the eery feeling somebody's taking your picture? (Look on the sideline.)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...369111301b.png

MoAlpha 10-14-21 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22269611)
I Just had my consult for the discogram. Only made me confused and have no idea what to do next. Follow up 3 weeks from now after thinking about. Then back to neurosurgeon with questions. The only thing I learned is it is not black and white. I thought this was getting me down the road and now I'm stuck in a rest area parking lot.
#Screwed

To state the obvious, sounds like you're in an ambiguous place surgically, because they don't have a definitive cause for your pain and are justifiably hesitant to mess around. It's very hard to balance a set of known risks against an unknown benefit. I really hope someone figures something out for you soon!

Velo Vol 10-14-21 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22267926)
On the very fringe of civilization.

Exhibit 58.

DougRNS 10-14-21 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22269683)
No facilities? No coffee? No snacks? Bummer. :(

not a single luxury.
​#3HourTour

seedsbelize2 10-14-21 11:08 AM

Sanding has commenced

Jack Tone 10-14-21 11:40 AM

Front wheel is bent, tire is popped still trying to see any other damage. Kit is destroyed. Helmet did its job.

Jeez, that sucks! I hope you and the bike recover ok.

Eric F 10-14-21 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22269820)
Sanding has commenced

I missed it, I think. What are you sanding?

WhyFi 10-14-21 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22269796)
I thought I had seen BT ****ery before I got a smart trainer. :crash:

Setting up my trainer, the other day, was a pain, too. For some reason, my armband HRM didn't want to pair with the BT dongle, though the older (and not preferred) chest strap would. Connecting via the Zwift Companion App, through the phone, got the new HRM to work fine, but then I couldn't get the trainer connected. :notamused: It wasn't until after I connected the trainer as a power meter that it would connect as a controllable trainer. :rolleyes:

And people complain about tubeless tires. :p

datlas 10-14-21 12:04 PM

Sanding has commenced

That's rough.

WhyFi 10-14-21 12:05 PM

Miserable weather for the ride today. Damp cold (mid-40s) and damn windy. Decided to do a shorter ride than normal, just because it wasn't terribly enjoyable. When I got home, I realized that I had some numbness going on in my fingers, which isn't typical for me at these temps, and it took a good half hour for them to warm up and regain all feeling.

I know that I'll get more used to the conditions as the season wears on, but **** me, does this make trainer work look a little more appealing.

datlas 10-14-21 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22269901)
Miserable weather for the ride today. Damp cold (mid-40s) and damn windy. Decided to do a shorter ride than normal, just because it wasn't terribly enjoyable. When I got home, I realized that I had some numbness going on in my fingers, which isn't typical for me at these temps, and it took a good half hour for them to warm up and regain all feeling.

I know that I'll get more used to the conditions as the season wears on, but **** me, does this make trainer work look a little more appealing.

Great conditions for a ride today. It's sunny and 75F.

Sadly, I am stuck at work all day and unable to take advantage of above. I was able to sneak out on my lunch "hour" for a quick 15 minute walk for which I am grateful.

Eric F 10-14-21 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22269901)

Yup.
#softAF

Mojo31 10-14-21 12:32 PM

Sanding has commenced

That takes grit and determination.

LesterOfPuppets 10-14-21 12:33 PM

Ouch. Hope your OK.

More importantly the new bike isn't too screwed up.

WhyFi 10-14-21 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22269914)
Yup.
#softAF

But in fairness, this is my least favorite riding weather. I'll take a dry 25° over a damp 45° any time. The whipping wind was just the turd on top.

genejockey 10-14-21 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22269886)
Setting up my trainer, the other day, was a pain, too. For some reason, my armband HRM didn't want to pair with the BT dongle, though the older (and not preferred) chest strap would. Connecting via the Zwift Companion App, through the phone, got the new HRM to work fine, but then I couldn't get the trainer connected. :notamused: It wasn't until after I connected the trainer as a power meter that it would connect as a controllable trainer. :rolleyes:

And people complain about tubeless tires. :p

I think there's a limit to how many devices can connect via Bluetooth. And I think that limit is ONE. Do you have an ANT+ dongle? I have one, on a USB extension cord designed just for that. I put the end in a ziploc bag, and place that behind the front wheel, connected to the laptop.

BTW, here's my Zwifting setup. No, the orange bucket is NOT for puking into! Mind you, that's not a bad idea.....

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1e79db6963.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 10-14-21 12:35 PM

Sanding has commenced

I'm about to slather some drywall mud. Not looking forward to the sanding portion of the programme.

LesterOfPuppets 10-14-21 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22269939)

BTW, here's my Zwifting setup. No, the orange bucket is NOT for puking into! Mind you, that's not a bad idea.....

Perfect for nature breaks

genejockey 10-14-21 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22269946)
Perfect for nature breaks

I do those BEFORE putting on bibs.

BTW, I was looking at ProBikeKit the other day, and apparently you can buy - for $30 + shipping - a Nalini "Indoor Towel". It's black, 100% cotton and weighs 360 grams. Nothing about how big it is, but they list the weight, because that's SO IMPORTANT when riding in the garage.

WhyFi 10-14-21 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22269939)
I think there's a limit to how many devices can connect via Bluetooth. And I think that limit is ONE. Do you have an ANT+ dongle? I have one, on a USB extension cord designed just for that. I put the end in a ziploc bag, and place that behind the front wheel, connected to the laptop.

The number of connectable devices depends upon the BT version. My BT dongle is fairly current and can certainly handle more than one (I know that I ran PM, speed sensor and HRM concurrently last year).

I used to have an ANT+ dongle, but that was even more of a pain in the ass. I don't remember why, but I needed a very specific one and the driver support was dead, dead, dead.

WhyFi 10-14-21 12:49 PM

I'm seeing pics of pumpkin pie on Instagram.

Now I want pumpkin pie.