Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

rjones28 05-01-20 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21448532)
I have to go to a large hospital for a routine blood test. Sort of freaks me out.

Good luck.

:twitchy:

rjones28 05-01-20 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lemond1985 (Post 21448583)
"I can't find anything!"

Did you look behind the sofa?

rjones28 05-01-20 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21448598)
I'll just apologize to the community for having endangered it, especially at this difficult time, and go away for a while.

Wait. You weren't wearing a mask this whole time?

LAJ 05-01-20 06:19 AM

I'll just apologize to the community for having endangered it, especially at this difficult time, and go away for a while.

It's not necessary to disappear, and I'm sure the community accepts your apology, MoAlpha. The rules is the rules, you're now painfully aware of them, as I read your post, and we move on.

seedsbelize 05-01-20 06:31 AM

Hi! What's this thread about?

abshipp 05-01-20 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21448631)
Hi! What's this thread about?

Itself, ideally.

indyfabz 05-01-20 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21448578)

In your case, I am guessing it's an INR so you probably do have to get it done.

Correct. I missed it two weeks ago when I had been feeling crappy.

seedsbelize 05-01-20 06:56 AM

For the past couple days, the bandaged left hand has been jonesing to be free. It has a radiografía appointment on the 13th, followed at some point by a pin removal appointment. Then there will be the tendon tepair surgery. How long does that take to heal? The good news is that the left arm/shoulder/neck thing is all healed up, and only a right elbow thing now flares up on occasion. I first felt that on my last day in the hospital. At the time, I related it to the needle receiver having been there for days. Must be something else.

indyfabz 05-01-20 06:57 AM

Don’t sweat it. I was guilty of the same thing a few years ago. It happens sometimes.

bampilot06 05-01-20 06:57 AM

Does anyone know of anything fun to do in Harrisburg Pa? I’m there all day tomorrow.

Trsnrtr 05-01-20 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21448600)
We got a decent amount of rain, enough to get the creeks up pretty high, but not quite spilling their banks.

Yep :thumb:

I think the statue is still covered and undergoing restoration. It's been like that for like 3 or 4 years :rolleyes:

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Oregon Ilinois, not Oregon, Wisconsin.

I assumed Oregon, IL but that’s because I know which part of the state you live in and iirc, you said that you were heading south.

Anyway, on the aforementioned tandem ride of ours, when we went through there, we were attending the Old Mill Century. I have relatives in the area along the river and it’s very scenic so we thought it would be a nice ride. We got fooled. The route was just as flat and boring as where I live in the middle of the Great Corn Desert. Why they avoided the roads near the river was beyond us. We never returned.

seedsbelize 05-01-20 07:00 AM

Labor Day in Latin America. May Day in parts of the world, I imagine. My wife celebrates May Day. I, as a former temperate zone farmer, celebrate Ground Hog Day, as my premier annual holiday.

Trsnrtr 05-01-20 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21448675)
Does anyone know of anything fun to do in Harrisburg Pa? I’m there all day tomorrow.

Grab a car and head to Gettysburg.

datlas 05-01-20 07:11 AM

I believe you are forgiven and I hope you will not leave.

datlas 05-01-20 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21448675)

I lived nearby in Hershey awhile ago, we used to love to see the minor league baseball games at the ballpark there, and the city line park is quite nice for walking, but I imagine the current situation prevents you from doing much. Sad.

BillyD 05-01-20 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21448228)
I can't handle this idiocy anymore.

When I got in the car this evening I was literally shivering. And I had a sweatshirt on.

Did you turn on the heat?

BillyD 05-01-20 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21448261)
Anyway, after toiling for weeks in obscurity, at last my mowing finally counts. Someone will be there to appreciate the finely trimmed lawn. :bday:

:bday:

abshipp 05-01-20 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21448676)
I assumed Oregon, IL but that’s because I know which part of the state you live in and iirc, you said that you were heading south.

Anyway, on the aforementioned tandem ride of ours, when we went through there, we were attending the Old Mill Century. I have relatives in the area along the river and it’s very scenic so we thought it would be a nice ride. We got fooled. The route was just as flat and boring as where I live in the middle of the Great Corn Desert. Why they avoided the roads near the river was beyond us. We never returned.

Well that's obnoxious. Why would you avoid the only interesting feature that occurs in this area?

Encountering creeks is always a highlight of any of my rides, and rivers are a special treat for me. The route I was looking in to had two separate "River Road"s :D

Velo Vol 05-01-20 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21448678)
I, as a former temperate zone farmer, celebrate Ground Hog Day, as my premier annual holiday.

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21448717)
Did you turn on the heat?

Obviously.

Velo Vol 05-01-20 07:32 AM

I've never been to Oregon.

WhyFi 05-01-20 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21448261)
Anyway, after toiling for weeks in obscurity, at last my mowing finally counts. Someone will be there to appreciate the finely trimmed lawn. :bday:

Reported - take the manscaping talk elsewhere.

WhyFi 05-01-20 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21448722)
Well that's obnoxious. Why would you avoid the only interesting feature that occurs in this area?

Encountering creeks is always a highlight of any of my rides, and rivers are a special treat for me. The route I was looking in to had two separate "River Road"s :D

If you like water, come on over to MN for a ride or three.

abshipp 05-01-20 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21448749)
If you like water, come on over to MN for a ride or three.

Why's that?

Are there a few lakes or something?

Trsnrtr 05-01-20 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21448722)

Seriously, that's what we thought. The closest that we got to scenery was the short diversion past the Black Hawk Statue. I live within a couple miles of the Illinois River bluffs so I can get steep hills and scenery and do almost daily this time of year just to stay off the windswept prairie. :)

WhyFi 05-01-20 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21448751)
Why's that?

Are there a few lakes or something?

Two or three.

And you could purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka. (You'll prolly have to google that, ya whippersnapper).