Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   All-City Zig-Zag ? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1189124)

pattrick 11-27-19 10:44 PM

All-City Zig-Zag ?

Just trying to see if there are any real world personal reviews of the Zig-Zag frame? I have seen one in person of the purple fade and thought it seemed more of a lilac? Not quite what I had hoped for unfortunately. The web sight photos appeared much darker and awesome. That being said I still have an interest in the bike. It seems like it could tick off quite a few boxes for myself. Just looking for some real world reviews here. Unfortunately the one I had seen was to small for me to try a ride on. Appreciate all opinions and advice.

berner 11-28-19 06:06 AM

When I see zig zag, what I think about is home made cigarettes.

Theycallmegio 11-28-19 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by berner (Post 21226306)
When I see zig zag, what I think about is home made cigarettes.

yeah same here. ‘Cigarettes’

Hiro11 11-28-19 10:23 AM

- Brand new model
- Narrow niche (modern steel road bike)
- Smaller brand

I'd say it's unlikely you're going to find too many people with personal experience on the bike at this point. To me it looks like a fantastic option: relatively affordable, quality steel, standard and proven everything, classic geometry, nice paint, big tire clearance.

Also, knowing this brand it's probably named directly after the rolling papers, guys.

indyfabz 11-28-19 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Theycallmegio (Post 21226314)
yeah same here. ‘Cigarettes’

:lol: In elementary school we took a field trip. Teachers drove us. A bunch of us were crammed into a car. One found a pack of papers between the front seats. When we asked what they were for. The teacher driving was basically “Um um um. They’re for rolling your own cigarettes.”

veganbikes 11-29-19 09:55 PM

I haven't ridden it myself but our QBP rep has one and really likes it. Granted yet he does work for the parent company of All-City but we are not an All City dealer and have no plans on becoming on (since one already exists nearby). However a good steel road bike with disc brakes, wider tire clearance and carbon fork ain't a bad idea. It looked really nice in person and is on the list of bikes I would consider if I had the funds to build another road bike but didn't want to spend a ton.

cs1 12-03-19 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by pattrick (Post 21226198)
Just trying to see if there are any real world personal reviews of the Zig-Zag frame? I have seen one in person of the purple fade and thought it seemed more of a lilac? Not quite what I had hoped for unfortunately. The web sight photos appeared much darker and awesome. That being said I still have an interest in the bike. It seems like it could tick off quite a few boxes for myself. Just looking for some real world reviews here. Unfortunately the one I had seen was to small for me to try a ride on. Appreciate all opinions and advice.

$3,999 for an Ultegra bike seems just a tad on the high side.

dedhed 12-03-19 09:26 PM

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/man-...g-manufacturer

Flip Flop Rider 12-04-19 09:01 AM

preferred 1.5's

mstateglfr 12-04-19 10:07 AM

@showlow bought one per a thread in mechanics.

The zigzag frames continue the brand's awesome fade paint jobs and also continue the brand's unimpressive price for full builds.
in another thread I detailed how a higher spec level zig zag could be built at home for less than an already built bike in a shop. That just shouldn't happen based on scale.
But the frames look great and the geometry looks really solid!

showlow 12-04-19 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by mstateglfr (Post 21232904)
@showlow bought one per a thread in mechanics.

The zigzag frames continue the brand's awesome fade paint jobs and also continue the brand's unimpressive price for full builds.
in another thread I detailed how a higher spec level zig zag could be built at home for less than an already built bike in a shop. That just shouldn't happen based on scale.
But the frames look great and the geometry looks really solid!

Yeah, I'm going to build it myself. It's going to have a full Ultegra group w/ TRP brakes and HED Ardennes SL wheels. It's a lot of donor, used, and close-out/super-sale parts sourced from online. But all together it'll come in less than a 105 spec complete.