Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SuperiorLite Bikes Launches their new website today for 2012. (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=799010)

X-LinkedRider 02-15-12 08:50 PM

SuperiorLite Bikes Launches their new website today for 2012.

Hey everybody.

Just wanted to let everybody know, that SuperiorLite Bikes has updated their website for their 2012 products. It's quite an upgrade from the 2011 site. Please check it out!
Superiorlitebikes.com

WhyFi 02-15-12 09:10 PM

If they no longer have manocoques, I'm not interested.

X-LinkedRider 02-15-12 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 13857597)
If they no longer have manocoques, I'm not interested.

They do completely custom work as well. That's how I got mine. ;) If everyone got to have one, it wouldn't be funny or unique.

Steve90068 02-15-12 10:20 PM

looks good. nice job on the site

eippo1 02-15-12 11:00 PM

Looks really good. Sweet bikes. Store doesn't work btw.

Jeepnut22 02-15-12 11:02 PM

Shop link broken. Want more info on their seatposts...

X-LinkedRider 02-16-12 12:41 AM

That will be the custom build link when the application is up and ready. You can contact using the contact field or buy through a retailer. We will have that portion of the site working by the end of the month. Thank you for all of the feedback guys. SuperiorLite Bikes always wants to hear their customers and perspective customers feedback in how they can improve and build the business. I only partnered with them to do their website and site after I rode all of their products. I was so impressed with their products at their prices especially, that I had my bike build as to what I could afford at the time and started working with them after that. I will let you guys know when direct shopping is available. He was waiting for all of the new product to come in before making people wait a month or so before they get their stuff.
Thanks again everyone!
-Kevin

X-LinkedRider 02-16-12 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jeepnut22 (Post 13857911)
Shop link broken. Want more info on their seatposts...

I will ask him about more specs to add. What specifics are you looking for? I will be templating the specs out a little better within the next few days.

I have the post, if you are looking for weight. I will let you know. I am switching out my saddle *I believe* depending on weight tomorrow anyways.

alexaschwanden 02-16-12 12:50 AM

Their bikes are way out of my price range.

a1penguin 02-16-12 04:32 AM

Oooooh. Nice looking bikes. I love this color. I've been eyeballing the Madone 5.2, but that Cat2/Ultegra build looks mighty sweet. http://www.superiorlitebikes.com/201...ame-Green1.jpg.

X-LinkedRider 02-16-12 09:46 AM

I will tell you. After seeing the bike in person, I liked even more. That is one of those colors that is impossible for a camera to do it justice.

X-LinkedRider 02-16-12 09:49 AM

These shoes would match it perfectly too.
http://media.nashbar.com/images/nash...2-YL-ANGLE.jpg

Jsiegs 02-16-12 09:58 AM

any info on the handlebars/stem combo? stem length/rise? Those look really sweet to me.

DrPete 02-16-12 04:26 PM

Is that pricing a joke? $7K for a complete bike with no-name wheels and cockpit? That's more than a Red-equipped 2012 Cervelo R5.

ColinL 02-16-12 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by DrPete (Post 13860898)
Is that pricing a joke? $7K for a complete bike with no-name wheels and cockpit? That's more than a Red-equipped 2012 Cervelo R5.

but it has only one coque!

deyendznyr 02-16-12 04:42 PM

OK, so on the website it says that the bikes are assembled in the USA. Are the frames made in Asia then and the bikes are put together here?

shelbyfv 02-16-12 04:43 PM

All the prices are insane. $2500 for a generic carbon frame, Rival and low end wheelset.

ColinL 02-16-12 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by deyendznyr (Post 13860970)
OK, so on the website it says that the bikes are assembled in the USA. Are the frames made in Asia then and the bikes are put together here?

yes. found an epic thread on roadbikereview about it.

DrPete 02-16-12 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by shelbyfv (Post 13860973)
All the prices are insane. $2500 for a generic carbon frame, Rival and low end wheelset.

I sense some nice fake-markdown work coming, BikesDirect-style.

X-LinkedRider 02-16-12 06:49 PM

Obviously, there will always be skeptics. Ride what people sell you. The frames are designed here in the states sourced to TAIWAN not CHINA and without saying too much are actually made in the same factory and by some of the same hands as these cervelos you speak of. But anyways. They are then all shipped back here and assembled and built up.

Definitely. NOT a BD style business. But then again, representatives of BD wouldn't dare reply to peoples questions. The pricepoint is actually what seems to be drawing much of their new riders to the bikes. When you are actually comparing apples to apples and not a generic, Chinese frame. I happen to know that SL is working on a deal with an Italian race team who shows interest over their current cervelo's.

X-LinkedRider 02-16-12 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jsiegs (Post 13858972)
any info on the handlebars/stem combo? stem length/rise? Those look really sweet to me.

Think the forward reach (Stem length) is 95 and the rise is 10 or 6. You can e-mail Tom, the Owner and get a better answer. I am just the tech guy. He hears a lot of positive remarks from the owners of those bars. There is pre-drills for a bike computer and the cables as well.

DrPete 02-16-12 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by X-LinkedRider (Post 13861451)
Obviously, there will always be skeptics. Ride what people sell you. The frames are designed here in the states sourced to TAIWAN not CHINA and without saying too much are actually made in the same factory and by some of the same hands as these cervelos you speak of. But anyways. They are then all shipped back here and assembled and built up.

Definitely. NOT a BD style business. But then again, representatives of BD wouldn't dare reply to peoples questions. The pricepoint is actually what seems to be drawing much of their new riders to the bikes. When you are actually comparing apples to apples and not a generic, Chinese frame. I happen to know that SL is working on a deal with an Italian race team who shows interest over their current cervelo's.

Best of luck to them, but their prices are absolutely outrageous for a company that nobody's ever heard of. I like to see the little guy succeed as much as the next guy (I did, after all, own a Flyte myself), but seriously--those prices are WAY out of whack for a basically generic frame coming out of Taiwan. I have no idea why I'd pay brick-and-mortar prices for an obscure Taiwanese "Elite" bike when I can grab the Madone 6.7 SSL from the good folks at my LBS 5 minutes down the road--for the exact same price. There's just no incentive to choose them.

pgjackson 02-16-12 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by DrPete (Post 13861526)
Best of luck to them, but their prices are absolutely outrageous for a company that nobody's ever heard of. I like to see the little guy succeed as much as the next guy (I did, after all, own a Flyte myself), but seriously--those prices are WAY out of whack for a basically generic frame coming out of Taiwan. I have no idea why I'd pay brick-and-mortar prices for an obscure Taiwanese "Elite" bike when I can grab the Madone 6.7 SSL from the good folks at my LBS 5 minutes down the road--for the exact same price. There's just no incentive to choose them.

Concur. Prices do seem a bit high. Look like a decent enough bikes...but way overpriced.

deyendznyr 02-16-12 10:25 PM

Yeah, I just don't understand what separates them from the dozen or so other brands that do the exact same thing.
Well, except that their graphics are terrible and their branding needs some serious help.

X-LinkedRider 02-17-12 02:28 AM

To each is own. We will be at http://www.interbike.com/ in Vegas. You can look us up on their walk in Brochures if any of you guys go. I have worked at Trek shops as well as Specialized and Giant and Fuji. (Just doing normal bike wrench stuff) I can tell you, SuperiorLite is proud to not be a Trek. But, like most people. Ride what you can find.

From a customer standpoint, I have owned quite a few bikes and dealt with quite a few shops. Each brand has it's ups and downs. All I know is, Ive ridden Trek, Cervelo, Specialized, Giant, Bianchi, Willier, Orbeas, etc... I wouldn't be riding the bike I do, if I simply didn't like it better. I bought my bike before I had any personal ties to the company and price was definitely one of the deciding factors when I ordered it. Looking at all of the bikes you guys just mentioned, both in person and now on the interwebs, the pricing is all right around each other. I am a little confused as to the price hounding.

I am sure everybody would like to ride that Madone SSL for FAR less than retail but there is a reason very few get that opportunity. I'm just saying, I don't think I could have built my bike for less when actually comparing the quality of the frames. Wasn't it Soloist complaining about the quality of the new Cervelo's?