Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How fer did you ride today?! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1081695)

joesch 02-18-21 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 21929304)
yah...hadda order a little extra.

i'll hafta hit that tj tacos in escondido for variety. always locked into the fatburger on the nw corner of w. valley pkwy & n. escondido blvd.
it's the only fatburger in sd county.

A little more motivation or tease:

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/tj-t...EgpKSaUDx1S7oA

Try a Pastor Taco, Al Pastor is a Mexican pork. Often cooked on a rotating spit with pineapple.

Also popular means long lines so go an off time.

diphthong 02-18-21 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by joesch (Post 21929480)
A little more motivation or tease:

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/tj-t...EgpKSaUDx1S7oA

Try a Pastor Taco, Al Pastor is a Mexican pork. Often cooked on a rotating spit with pineapple.

Also popular means long lines so go an off time.

yah, the waist is well-versed in al pastor lure. tacos el gordo in chula vista is my go-to when that craving hits. that it's close enough for a lunch ride is both a blessing and a curse.

diphthong 02-18-21 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 21929422)
These tacos sound like a real fiesta in the mouth, I'll have to make it a point to go there if I am in the area down the road. I have found, maybe, two places in my state that I'd write home about. Can't remember the names, but I can landmark my way to them. Usually order a couple extra as it seems I lose a few on the way back somewhere.... :foo:

Goin to be thinkin about them tacos all day. Can just feel them already sticking to the love handles. Will be pushin harder on the:winter: today.

me too.

joesch 02-18-21 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 21930130)
yah, the waist is well-versed in al pastor lure. tacos el gordo in chula vista is my go-to when that craving hits. that it's close enough for a lunch ride is both a blessing and a curse.

HaHa those rides you conquer deserve tasty and extra rewards

diphthong 02-18-21 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by joesch (Post 21930217)
HaHa those ride you conquer deserve tasty and extra rewards

sometimes (very little this month tho) but i ride to lunch 2-3 times a week just on the little 15-20 milers.
feels better than driving...anything good & and lunch casual/inexpensive within walking distance of the place
is like a mile round trip. better than nothing but hardly burns any calories.

this recent thread diversion will have me posting a "fave grub and/or grog destinations while cycling" thread in the socal regional forum in the next few days.

joesch 02-18-21 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 21930233)
sometimes (very little this month tho) but i ride to lunch 2-3 times a week just on the little 15-20 milers.
feels better than driving...anything good & and lunch casual/inexpensive within walking distance of the place
is like a mile round trip. better than nothing but hardly burns any calories.

this recent thread diversion will have me posting a "fave grub and/or grog destinations while cycling" thread in the socal regional forum in the next few days.

Good idea especially since it should inspire more to ride to eat.

Troul 02-20-21 11:02 AM

55 miles on the trainer.

joesch 02-20-21 05:02 PM

After a week long winter storm in TX and temps well below freezing everyday, it got above freezing, actually around 50.
Most all the snow and ice melted except for on the roads under bridges and overpasses.
Was great to get out and do 30 miles in the 40s.
The wind chill still provided some nice freezing reminders.

jaxgtr 02-20-21 11:22 PM

first sun in 10 days, rode 38 miles.

jaxgtr 02-21-21 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis (Post 21933732)
72 miles in relentless winds. Non stop headwind for 30+ miles. Tough ride today. :cry:

Oh that sucks.....I hate when that happens. I also hate when you start out into headwinds in an effort to have it at your back on the return when it switches on you and now you are out and back into a headwind. Kudo's on the 72 though.

Troul 02-22-21 12:14 PM

15 paced miles inside

Notso_fastLane 02-22-21 12:17 PM

9 miles, my easy loop. I think I finally got all the chainline issues sorted in the velo. I love having a velo, especially in the winter, but damn is it hard to work on.

Walkerportis 02-22-21 12:47 PM

zero miles. too lazy right now.

BlindGuyRides 02-23-21 11:23 AM

So far I want to say a couple miles. Hope to get at least five in, but it's all bumpy rutted field. I can already hear the laughter from the peanut gallery, but this is an improvement over where I started.

New chainring seems to be working out quite well. Am kinda regretting swapping the seat though.

diphthong 02-23-21 08:15 PM

50-spot in the mid-70's today.

Troul 02-23-21 08:45 PM

19.9 inside miles

jaxgtr 02-23-21 09:10 PM

23 wonderful miles under crystal clear blue skies and no wind.

Troul 02-24-21 04:13 AM

22.25 in side before work.

TravelBiker 02-24-21 04:52 AM

Health issues kept me off the bike lately, it sucks, but during winter in NYC i used to ride like 5 to 10 miles in winter max, in summer, the sky was the limit, so if i had time, between 10 and 45 all with NYC limits and we do have a good collection of bike lanes and bike paths there (im in asia now where cycling is a bit less friendly).

diphthong 02-24-21 03:10 PM

24-spot. still sucking in the seventies...

ririder 02-25-21 05:22 AM

I got out for 20 miles for the first time in over a month. It was some badly needed therapy.