Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Bah Humbug 06-04-20 11:13 AM

As a bonus, WhyFi can shame the horrid perspective distortion of 14mm equivalent.

seedsbelize 06-04-20 11:17 AM

All that aside, in 19 years in the sub-tropics, this is our closest brush with a tropical depression.

rjones28 06-04-20 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21514694)
You know when you have to mouth-siphon gasoline and you get a little in your mouth? How long does it take for that yucky taste in your mouth to go away?

Asking for a friend. :innocent:

Quit stealing gas.

seedsbelize 06-04-20 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21514973)
Can confirm, "rooves".

As for shaming, I doubt anyone was meaning it any more seriously than my bike being firmly in the "fredly" category. Here's another.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f63da50a7.jpeg

Yeah, look at that enormous under seat bag

WhyFi 06-04-20 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21514974)
As a bonus, WhyFi can shame the horrid perspective distortion of 14mm equivalent.

Forget the perspective distortion, I was looking at the sidewalls to see if you were finally running those 5K TLs.

rjones28 06-04-20 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21514820)
If he was on BF we could start a thread shaming him.

I wear carpenter jeans and a t-shirt on my bike shop commute. Flat pedals, messenger bag, and tools in my tool pockets.

seedsbelize 06-04-20 11:24 AM

I now have enough grip that I can consider riding once the rain stops. Soon enough, I will undergo tendon repair surgery, and be out of action for another month.

big john 06-04-20 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21514998)
I wear carpenter jeans and a t-shirt on my bike shop commute. Flat pedals, messenger bag, and tools in my tool pockets.

Again, no fun. We need a random thin-skinned stranger to taunt in true 41 tradition.

Bah Humbug 06-04-20 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21514994)
Forget the perspective distortion, I was looking at the sidewalls to see if you were finally running those 5K TLs.

Nope, haven't gotten a compressor or charge pump thing to try. That's all probably on hold until after the move. And if I can get a Velofix guy to come out and put R7000 on, I may just let him do it.

I did order a set of non-TL Power Endurance + or whatever the exact name is of Michelin's 3x110 bead-to-bead tire, which will be my go-to while the trainer is dead, because that Kevlar side saved me on Tuesday. Remember you asked how often we killed tires? There was a good half-inch gash through the outer casing that had visibly frayed the sidewall Kevlar; a GP5K would have been toast. I replaced it with a used 4KS2 that was sitting around. Tubeless would have required tube & boot. So that may wait a while.

indyfabz 06-04-20 12:01 PM

Bite me, Delta! You said I could cancel for full credit. Tried numerous times and got error messages. Went to try again and there is no record of my reservation. Got no cancellation notice or instructions on how to apply for a credit.

Hope you enjoy responding to the dispute I started with my credit card issuer. Great use of taxpayer bailout money. Meanwhile, Iíll be getting my $1,049 back in a few days.

Bah Humbug 06-04-20 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21515060)
Bite me, Delta! You said I could cancel for full credit. Tried numerous times and got error messages. Went to try again and there is no record of my reservation. Got no cancellation notice or instructions on how to apply for a credit.

Hope you enjoy responding to the dispute I started with my credit card issuer. Great use of taxpayer bailout money. Meanwhile, Iíll be getting my $1,049 back in a few days.

Credit card charge but no record of a reservation? That sounds like what they really want is to be accused of credit card fraud.

Bah Humbug 06-04-20 12:17 PM

Also, having read through the Bourne trilogy again, it took me a few readings to understand "Bite me, Delta!" correctly.

rjones28 06-04-20 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21515014)
Again, no fun. We need a random thin-skinned stranger to taunt in true 41 tradition.

I also wave to triathletes.

big john 06-04-20 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21515094)
I also wave to triathletes.

Well, in that case.....

abshipp 06-04-20 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21514973)
Can confirm, "rooves".

As for shaming, I doubt anyone was meaning it any more seriously than my bike being firmly in the "fredly" category. Here's another.

Any particular reason for the light on the right-hand side instead of the left? More concerned about seeing things on your right side than your left?

I can imagine that those deep wheels cast quite a shadow if you're riding in the dark.

Bah Humbug 06-04-20 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21515115)
Any particular reason for the light on the right-hand side instead of the left? More concerned about seeing things on your right side than your left?

I can imagine that those deep wheels cast quite a shadow if you're riding in the dark.

The fork blades angle slightly in, so light on the left would tilt towards the shoulder. Counter-intuitive but trust me, I checked. Thanks for being alert to safety though (no snark).

Bah Humbug 06-04-20 12:47 PM

Also, verdict is in on the Hammer: “You broke the belt. Too many watts”. Fortunately Saris can send out a new belt, so much cheaper than a new H3.

abshipp 06-04-20 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21515118)
The fork blades angle slightly in, so light on the left would tilt towards the shoulder. Counter-intuitive but trust me, I checked. Thanks for being alert to safety though (no snark).

:thumb:

I specifically picked the front rack for my Trek because it has a mounting boss front and center so that there's no beam interference. Doesn't look as clean as other mounting locations but it was definitely a function over form decision. I've tried a side-mount before but couldn't stand the wheel shadow.

datlas 06-04-20 01:31 PM

FYI gasoline taste mostly gone in 8 hours. :bday:

indyfabz 06-04-20 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21515081)
Credit card charge but no record of a reservation? That sounds like what they really want is to be accused of credit card fraud.

I had a reservation confirmation and was informed that because they changed my itinerary so radically (4 flights instead of 2 and arriving 9 hrs. later than what I had booked) I could cancel and get a full credit. Tried several times over the last couple of weeks. Got error messages. Went to try again today and there is no record of my reservation. If the cancellation went through I certainly got no notice nor instructions on how to apply for a credit.

I believe its first level of customer service is in India.

Bah Humbug 06-04-20 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21515211)
I had a reservation confirmation and was informed that because they changed my itinerary so radically (4 flights instead of 2 and arriving 9 hrs. later than what I had booked) I could cancel and get a full credit. Tried several times over the last couple of weeks. Got error messages. Went to try again today and there is no record of my reservation. If the cancellation went through I certainly got no notice nor instructions on how to apply for a credit.

I believe its first level of customer service is in India.

Right but I mean if NOW they have no record of a reservation, that's them saying the charge on your card if fraudulent (there's a charge on your card they don't claim to have knowledge of). I'm sure it wasn't, but that's the conversation your card issuer will be having with them. At least saying you didn't go through the correct cancellation process that they didn't make possible for you would avoid that, but I imagine the conversation they're having is quite uncomfortable.

indyfabz 06-04-20 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21515242)
Right but I mean if NOW they have no record of a reservation, that's them saying the charge on your card if fraudulent (there's a charge on your card they don't claim to have knowledge of). I'm sure it wasn't, but that's the conversation your card issuer will be having with them. At least saying you didn't go through the correct cancellation process that they didn't make possible for you would avoid that, but I imagine the conversation they're having is quite uncomfortable.

Iíll bet itís a technical screw up. Despite the error notices, I did cancel the flight and they never sent me credit application instructions because theyíve been overwhelmed. Iím hoping Delta doesnít respond in time. Iíd rather have my money back than a credit.

This pandemic had made crappy customer service even worse.

seedsbelize 06-04-20 02:21 PM

I mis-spoke. 72 hours of big rain

LAJ 06-04-20 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21515264)
Iíll bet itís a technical screw up. Despite the error notices, I did cancel the flight and they never sent me credit application instructions because theyíve been overwhelmed. Iím hoping Delta doesnít respond in time. Iíd rather have my money back than a credit.

This pandemic had made crappy customer service even worse.

This is what it will be for a long time.

indyfabz 06-04-20 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21515314)
This is what it will be for a long time.

Sadly.

Last week I received a letter from my health insurance provider informing me that the group number on my card is incorrect and that I will be receiving a new one at some point. Really? All my claims this year have been processed using the allegedly incorrect information. So I call to ask when I might get a new card because I get a frequent blood test. Tell the woman the information on my card. She tells me itís correct and that I wonít be getting a new card. Really? Then why did you send me the letter? Iím told that some members of the group received cards with an incorrect group number. Really? Then why not simply send letters to those people? ďI canít answer that.Ē

So on Tuesday I get an email from the insurer telling me Iíll be getting a new card with the correct information.

My guess is that they didnít take the time to identify the people who received incorrect cards. Either that, or they couldnít do so. Either way, thatís incompetence.