Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

seedsbelize 08-22-21 01:14 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22195258)
It's hard not to trip over them in the US.

I just got back a couple weeks ago. I was quite surprised at their ubiquity. I was happy to see it. And to taste it.

Bah Humbug 08-22-21 01:19 PM

In general, when we have two words (or groups of words) for the same thing, one is Germanic and one is Romance. Another example is "water", where we have water and German has wasser. Over in the Romance languages we have aqua, agua, and acqua. Archaic forms of German had "aha", but then the Anglo-Saxon version won out.

An exception to this is "dog", which is old enough that dog and hound have the same root, which extends all the way over to China for their words kwon and guo (forgive the lack of tonal indicators). For some reason, on the Iberian peninsula (Spanish and Portuguese only) they started using "perro" as an onomatopoeia for the sound of dog growling.

datlas 08-22-21 01:26 PM

Came home to a tree full of ripe/nearly ripe peaches!

:bday:

WhyFi 08-22-21 01:27 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22195272)
I just got back a couple weeks ago. I was quite surprised at their ubiquity. I was happy to see it. And to taste it.

Ah, but you didn't find any that you thought over-hopped? They're definitely out there. Did you try any DDH DIPAs?

DougRNS 08-22-21 01:34 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22195249)
What band was he in, long ago?

Jefferson Starship and then Starship. I don't think he was in Airplane.

big john 08-22-21 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22194956)
I feel like hot sauce is going through a boom like craft beer did (before getting stuck on endless IPAs). I'm here for it.

Several years ago there was a guy at work who made his own hot sauce at home and he brought a container with his lunch every day. I tried to go to lunch at the same time as he did because he was generous with the hot sauce. So delicious and a huge variety of sauces, I was really sorry to see him leave. Best sauces I ever had.

Bah Humbug 08-22-21 01:52 PM

Let's peruse library offices.

Velo Vol 08-22-21 01:52 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22195191)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1bb3efc69d.jpg
Let me know if you are interested in watching some quality football. that season ending game against Monmouth might be for a playoff spot.
#MightyOwls

Copying Los Volunteers by starting the season September 2? wut

LesterOfPuppets 08-22-21 02:03 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22195172)
A band song for train fans. :bday:

​​​​​​Here's a video for train fans and boat nuts:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/norcal...8894503161044/

LesterOfPuppets 08-22-21 02:08 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22195191)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1bb3efc69d.jpg
Let me know if you are interested in watching some quality football. that season ending game against Monmouth might be for a playoff spot.
#MightyOwls

The Ducks start out at home on the 4th!

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6772d2ded4.png

seedsbelize 08-22-21 02:21 PM

I had a steady, loud bb click on this morning's ride. I decided then and there to go to cartridge bbs on all my bikes. So I put it in the stand. And what to my wondering eyes should appear? It already has a cartridge bb. And the nds is backing out. I put it back and will watch it closely.

seedsbelize 08-22-21 02:23 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22195298)
Ah, but you didn't find any that you thought over-hopped? They're definitely out there. Did you try any DDH DIPAs?

I had a very small sampling. But I like an astringent beer. One that makes my face twist up. Not many of those out there.

seedsbelize 08-22-21 02:24 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22195297)
Came home to a tree full of ripe/nearly ripe peaches!

:bday:

And a single 25 pounder!!
:bday:

Velo Vol 08-22-21 02:26 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22195354)
​​​​​​Here's a video for train fans and boat nuts:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/norcal...8894503161044/

I didn't spot any trains.

MoAlpha 08-22-21 02:27 PM

Went car shopping with daughter who’s in the market for a tiny SUV. Saw the Honda HRV, the Mazda CX30, and the Hyundai, Kona and Tucson. Liked the HRV.

Bah Humbug 08-22-21 02:28 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22195379)
I had a steady, loud bb click on this morning's ride. I decided then and there to go to cartridge bbs on all my bikes. So I put it in the stand. And what to my wondering eyes should appear? It already has a cartridge bb. And the nds is backing out. I put it back and will watch it closely.

AG's bike had a "bottom bracket" click that turned out to be a loose cleat.

Velo Vol 08-22-21 02:28 PM


Originally Posted by lesterofpuppets (Post 22195362)

"9 am"

smh.

Bah Humbug 08-22-21 02:28 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22195390)
Went car shopping with daughter who’s in the market for a tiny SUV. Saw the Honda HRV, the Mazda CX30, and the Hyundai, Kona and Tucson. Liked the HRV.

She has good taste.

WhyFi 08-22-21 02:32 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22195384)
I had a very small sampling. But I like an astringent beer. One that makes my face twist up. Not many of those out there.

Ah, yeah - look for DDH doubles and triples. There are some scorched-earth jobbers out there.

​​​​​

WhyFi 08-22-21 02:34 PM

All the beer talk has the algorithm feeding me ads for Michelob ULTRA, exactly the kind of beer that I'm happy to never drink again.

Velo Vol 08-22-21 02:43 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22195297)
Came home to a tree full of ripe/nearly ripe peaches!

Picture?

rjones28 08-22-21 02:45 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22195046)
I mowed until it started raining and the grass got too wet, No water breaks.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...54d849e02f.png

85F and very humid. Two + hours of mowing. No rain. No water breaks.

What do I win?

WhyFi 08-22-21 02:47 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22195414)
85F and very humid. Two + hours of mowing. No rain. No water breaks.

What do I win?

Michelob ULTRA. As much as you can stomach.

Velo Vol 08-22-21 02:48 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22195414)
85F and very humid. Two + hours of mowing. No rain. No water breaks.

What do I win?

The satisfaction of a properly completed job. :bday:

seedsbelize 08-22-21 02:53 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22195391)
AG's bike had a "bottom bracket" click that turned out to be a loose cleat.

I wear Fila running shoes.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.