Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Mojo31 09-28-21 07:09 PM


Originally Posted by moalpha (Post 22249309)
do it! If you want to feel better about the cost, we can talk about the basic boat instrument package the electrician and i are putting together for lss. :eek:

$15k?

LesterOfPuppets 09-28-21 07:09 PM

OMG, my phone camera is in trekmogul mode :(

DougRNS 09-28-21 07:10 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22249320)
Hey, I even showed my work!

#KnownForMovingGoalposts

Mojo31 09-28-21 07:11 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22249286)
I think so, but I am admittedly biased. :love:

Was supposed to be "!" and not "?"

LesterOfPuppets 09-28-21 07:15 PM

Arizona Fall League update!

Here's the roster for the Peoria Javelinas, Opening day is just over a fortnight away!!!

https://www.mlb.com/arizona-fall-lea...oria-javelinas‏‏‎ ‎
MLB AFFILIATION: https://img.mlbstatic.com/mlb-images...6wzopk2hkg.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 09-28-21 07:23 PM

Think I might have to go catch the Jav's home opener on the 14th...

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e7e8c2b468.png

MoAlpha 09-28-21 07:27 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22249327)
$15k?

That’s a B&G number! Even with the MFDs we’re not getting, Garmin would be less.

Mojo31 09-28-21 07:38 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22249354)
That’s a B&G number! Even with the MFDs we’re not getting, Garmin would be less.

At least a nice Di2 though. 😜

So, decided on Garmin. Can't imagine not being happy with that.

rjones28 09-28-21 07:39 PM

Shop customer did a resto-mod to his old Motobecane. Made it into a gravel bike. I provided advice and sourced parts for him. I think he did a great job.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b7aec8d36f.png
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9070e7e9f0.png

LesterOfPuppets 09-28-21 07:45 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22249367)
Shop customer did a resto-mod to his old Motobecane. Made it into a gravel bike. I provided advice and sourced parts for him. I think he did a great job.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9070e7e9f0.png

Hot. But needs a Thomson seatpost, a double check that that's not a death stem, and a little bar angle work.

DougRNS 09-28-21 07:50 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22249375)
Hot. But needs a Thomson seatpost, a double check that that's not a death stem, and a little bar angle work.

I concur, he needs a lightweight, elegant and aero seatpost like the one on my bike.

seedsbelize2 09-28-21 07:54 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22249288)
I swapped out the 11-25 cassette for an 11-28 in anticipation of Saturday’s Savage Century.

Proof:


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b4a664111.jpeg

I'm curious about the torque wrench. Won't the pedaling action tighten it beyond the torque specs? I know some are tied to torque specs, especially in crabon world. I have never been among that set. That and spoke tensiometers.

DougRNS 09-28-21 07:56 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22249348)
Think I might have to go catch the Jav's home opener on the 14th...

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e7e8c2b468.png

quite a few pirates with big league experience on the team.

rjones28 09-28-21 07:59 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22249375)
Hot. But needs a Thomson seatpost, a double check that that's not a death stem, and a little bar angle work.

He wanted to use as many original parts as possible. He did not consult me on the bar angle.

seedsbelize2 09-28-21 08:00 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22249367)
Shop customer did a resto-mod to his old Motobecane. Made it into a gravel bike. I provided advice and sourced parts for him. I think he did a great job.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b7aec8d36f.png
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9070e7e9f0.png

My Trek 414 is my gravel bike. I just put it back together and test-rode it today. It, of course, rides like a dream.

Velo Vol 09-28-21 08:00 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22249160)
Oh, I do. It's part of the job description. However, that doesn't change the fact that I was right about what you'd posted. If you now agree with me that Tennessee is part of the East Coast, then welcome to the party!

No. You conflated two posts, and then failed to shepardize to see if it was still good law.

And not all of Tennessee is the proper East Coast, just the Eastern Division.


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...77458dc53e.png

Mojo31 09-28-21 08:04 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22249396)
No. You conflated two posts, and then failed to shepardize to see if it was still good law.

And not all of Tennessee is the proper East Coast, just the Eastern Division.


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...77458dc53e.png

You're stuck in the 90s. Nobody uses Shepards anymore. Time to get with the program.

Velo Vol 09-28-21 08:06 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22249252)
What does that even mean?

Ride a human-powered bicycle (on the road).

rjones28 09-28-21 08:07 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22249389)
I'm curious about the torque wrench. Won't the pedaling action tighten it beyond the torque specs? I know some are tied to torque specs, especially in crabon world. I have never been among that set. That and spoke tensiometers.

I don't use a torque wrench for cassettes. The recommended torque is like 40 or 50 Nm which is about all my scrawny cyclist arms can muster.

Pedaling action has no effect on cassette lockrings.

Velo Vol 09-28-21 08:10 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22249229)
Nice, captured your essence very well.

The angle of the crossed leg doesn't seem too comfortable to me.

Velo Vol 09-28-21 08:13 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22249336)
Arizona Fall League update!

wut

DougRNS 09-28-21 08:16 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22249410)
The angle of the crossed leg doesn't seem too comfortable to me.

that isn't relevant to my enjoyment of the painting. Hopefully you can get past it.

Mojo31 09-28-21 08:17 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22249404)
I don't use a torque wrench for cassettes. The recommended torque is like 40 or 50 Nm which is about all my scrawny cyclist arms can muster.

Pedaling action has no effect on cassette lockrings.

Just need a longer wrench. I have no problem getting to 110 NM on car wheels with my long one.

Mojo31 09-28-21 08:18 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22249410)
The angle of the crossed leg doesn't seem too comfortable to me.

All abstract art features weird joint angles. Ever here of Picasso?

rjones28 09-28-21 08:20 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22249402)
Ride a human-powered bicycle (on the road).

Notice the pedals and paved surface. Heart rate usually in zone 2 or 3 while riding.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f6e51f3bef.png


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.