Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

big john 12-12-21 05:30 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22337825)
This is just to transmit sound/roughness for diagnosis?

If I should find whatever's failing, is it like to be something that I could swap out myself or am I going to end up taking it to a shop one way or another?

Yes, to help isolate a noise you can use a long screwdriver or even a length of hose. You can also run the engine for a short time with the belt off to see if the noise goes away.
As far as whether you can fix it, I don't know, I've never seen you work on cars. What car is it? If you want to replace something you can ask about that.

Velo Vol 12-12-21 05:32 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22337783)
You didn't ask for only two INGREDIENTS. Gumbo is a thing.

No, it's not.

MoAlpha 12-12-21 05:33 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22337573)
speaking of indoor trainers. Ran into a cycling work friend of mine. 2 things. He used to ride a lot and I noticed I hadnít seen him on strava much this past year. He told me he never hydrated properly when he rode and now he has developed a condition that when he rides the muscles in his legs cramp so severely he can barely move the next day. There is no cure. Add this to the list of things to be scared of.

Second thing, I told him about my knee pain and how it feels worse on the trainer. He recommended to raise the front wheel about 6 inches. He said that made his wahoo a lot more comfortable. I havnt been using my trainer so I have not tried this yet. What do you guys think about it?

Try it!

Your bud needs a university clinic and a muscle biopsy, or maybe thatís how he knows thereís no cure. Anyway, itís got nothing to do with hydration.

genejockey 12-12-21 05:37 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22337908)
No, it's not.

I assure you, it is. I have experienced it. It does exist.

Mojo31 12-12-21 05:38 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22337908)
No, it's not.

Someone needs to get out more.

genejockey 12-12-21 05:42 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22337913)
Someone needs to get out more.

Alternatively......

rjones28 12-12-21 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22337708)
Ugh, I crashed on my track bike today. Pavement hurts a lot.

Was at a bike path / road intersection and was paying attention to a car instead of the road. Had my hands loosely on the top of the bars and went in to a pretty large pothole, causing my hands to slip off. Banged up my elbow and my knee, tearing a big hole in a knee warmer. Not a scratch to the bike, thankfully.

Ouch.

rjones28 12-12-21 05:45 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22337675)
The Universityís Wind Ensemble has a concert this afternoon at 3 EST. We are going. Simulcast: https://vimeo.com/wsom

Onondaga Civic Symphony Orchestra has a concert this afternoon at 4 EST. I went. It was not simulcast.

DougRNS 12-12-21 05:47 PM

Wow, that's a long nap.

genejockey 12-12-21 05:48 PM

Since I have Dura Ace STIs and the RD takeoffs from upgrading the Ritchey to 10 sp, and a 7403 hubset (having bought the Fulcrums), AND having scored a pair of 7401 Dual Pivot calipers when I bought Deadman, I was investigating what it would cost to put together a full groupset to build up a frame, including things like stem, bars, etc. Taking the lowest and highest prices paid for any item from Ebay, using "Sold Items", and then averaging those, I came up with a figure of $999. A hundred here, a hundred there - pretty soon you're talking about real money!

Velo Vol 12-12-21 05:52 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22337912)
I assure you, it is. I have experienced it. It does exist.

It's not a single ingredient, a food commodity. You don't go out and get a can of gumbo.

rjones28 12-12-21 05:57 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22337924)
It's not a single ingredient, a food commodity. You don't go out and get a can of gumbo.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...08e60462f7.png

Mojo31 12-12-21 06:00 PM

Quality stuff, right there.

abshipp 12-12-21 06:00 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22337711)
Ouch.


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22337732)
Sounds painful. Thankfully, bodies heal. Bikes not so much.

Seriously, hope you are okay.


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22337901)
Ouch! Heal up fast!

​​​Thanks. I feel generally ok, but my left ankle is quite swollen :(. Not a lot of pain, but a bit concerning.


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22337888)
Glad the bike is okay. More importantly I am glad you are okay.


edit: Velo should be in charge of keeping track of crashes.
Abshipp: 1
Bampilot: 5
the rest of you guys canít be perfect.

For what it's worth, it's been 3 or 4 years since the last one ;)

big john 12-12-21 06:02 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22337783)
You didn't ask for only two INGREDIENTS. Gumbo is a thing.

I've mentioned before that my ex was a fan of Emeril Lagasse and she made a lot of his recipes, including gumbo. She made the "2 beer roux" where you stir the roux for the length of time that it takes to drink 2 beers (you can splash a little of the beer into the roux).
A friend made the gumbo with a broth instead of a roux. I love them both but the roux is my favorite.

Velo Vol 12-12-21 06:04 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22337929)

How many do you have in your pantry?

rjones28 12-12-21 06:10 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22337939)
How many do you have in your pantry?

Zero

big john 12-12-21 06:12 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22337935)
​​​Thanks. I feel generally ok, but my left ankle is quite swollen :(. Not a lot of pain, but a bit concerning.

Ice ice, baby. Maybe elevate, too.

abshipp 12-12-21 06:19 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22337944)
Ice ice, baby. Maybe elevate, too.

Doing both. Also have a cat on my lap and Chinese food on the way.

Velo Vol 12-12-21 06:26 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22337941)
Zero

Exactly. Odds are that if you eat gumbo, it's something completely different than what they're selling.

Case closed.

big john 12-12-21 06:26 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22337950)
Doing both. Also have a cat on my lap and Chinese food on the way.

Excellent!

datlas 12-12-21 06:30 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22337865)
I hope it wasn't the baroque version. Was it 8 feet long?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLYRfHjZIy8

No, it was doubled back on itself.

LAJ 12-12-21 06:31 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22337708)
Ugh, I crashed on my track bike today. Pavement hurts a lot.

Was at a bike path / road intersection and was paying attention to a car instead of the road. Had my hands loosely on the top of the bars and went in to a pretty large pothole, causing my hands to slip off. Banged up my elbow and my knee, tearing a big hole in a knee warmer. Not a scratch to the bike, thankfully.

Heal quick. You'll feel it a bit tomorrow, I imagine.

Mojo31 12-12-21 06:31 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22337937)
I've mentioned before that my ex was a fan of Emeril Lagasse and she made a lot of his recipes, including gumbo. She made the "2 beer roux" where you stir the roux for the length of time that it takes to drink 2 beers (you can splash a little of the beer into the roux).
A friend made the gumbo with a broth instead of a roux. I love them both but the roux is my favorite.

Roux is the only way to go.

My wife uses a family recipe from their days on the bayou. It takes her longer to make than it takes me to smoke a brisket. Much messier too.

LAJ 12-12-21 06:35 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22337888)
Glad the bike is okay. More importantly I am glad you are okay.


edit: Velo should be in charge of keeping track of crashes.
Abshipp: 1
Bampilot: 5
the rest of you guys canít be perfect.

I am far from perfect. I know how to do CF repairs, as a result.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.