Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

genejockey 01-04-22 04:28 PM

The Lightspeed rebuild is on hold awaiting a couple bits. First is a new seatpost. I built it up as I showed a few days back, and measured it carefully. The seatpost I used, with the saddle all the way forward in the clamp, puts the saddle about 1.5 cm too far back. So I bought a used Thomson zero offset post, for which I now wait impatiently. Once I have that, then I can set up the cockpit, and I'm not going to bother cutting cable housing to fit before that.

Meanwhile, I must say I am surprised just how GRAY the Ti frame is. I had put a 3T Chrome Corsa stem on it, figuring the colors would be close, but no. Not even. See below. Compared to the Ti frame, the steel stem is not only brighter, but has a bluish tinge. I guess I'll stick with all Aluminum, because a Ti stem would be $200-300.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c2cc8e05ab.jpg

Velo Vol 01-04-22 04:37 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22361427)

100% chance this dog would have enjoyed it more if it was 40F warmer

genejockey 01-04-22 04:42 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22361754)
100% chance this dog would have enjoyed it more if it was 40F warmer

Have you ever had a dog? They LOVE playing in snow.

Well, maybe not Greyhounds, since they have thin fur and no fat. But floofy dogs love that stuff.

Mojo31 01-04-22 05:06 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22361762)
Have you ever had a dog? They LOVE playing in snow.

Well, maybe not Greyhounds, since they have thin fur and no fat. But floofy dogs love that stuff.

Our floofy dog doesn't like the snow or cold, but her floofy fur is designed to keep her cool and not warm. Makes sense being she's a Cuban dog and they don't get much snow there.

But, most real and manly dogs seem to like the snow.

Velo Vol 01-04-22 05:21 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22361762)
Have you ever had a dog? They LOVE playing in snow.

Perhaps I imparted rationality upon the dog that was unwarranted.

I apologize.

genejockey 01-04-22 05:28 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22361801)
Perhaps I imparted rationality upon the dog that was unwarranted.

I apologize.

You don't get a dog because they're rational, or because you want to be rational. You get them because they're silly and goofy, and you want to be silly and goofy. So when you let them go play in the snow and they bound around like kids, it frees part of you to be a kid, too.

big john 01-04-22 06:17 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22361811)
You don't get a dog because they're rational, or because you want to be rational. You get them because they're silly and goofy, and you want to be silly and goofy. So when you let them go play in the snow and they bound around like kids, it frees part of you to be a kid, too.

We met at my friend's house for the ride today and his mother just got a new dog, a Goldendoodle. The thing is quite cute and full of energy. When we got back after the ride the puppy was on the loose and his mom couldn't catch her. Two of my friends got involved but the puppy wouldn't be caught, she was having a blast teasing everyone.
She eventually got tired and ran into the house.

Eric F 01-04-22 06:20 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22361811)
You don't get a dog because they're rational, or because you want to be rational. You get them because they're silly and goofy, and you want to be silly and goofy. So when you let them go play in the snow and they bound around like kids, it frees part of you to be a kid, too.

My dogs barely tolerate walking on wet grass on a rainy day. If they walked in snow, they would probably yelp like they were being tortured. #sissydogs

genejockey 01-04-22 06:22 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22361865)
We met at my friend's house for the ride today and his mother just got a new dog, a Goldendoodle. The thing is quite cute and full of energy. When we got back after the ride the puppy was on the loose and his mom couldn't catch her. Two of my friends got involved but the puppy wouldn't be caught, she was having a blast teasing everyone.
She eventually got tired and ran into the house.

Yep. You were playing one of dogs' favorite games.

Eric F 01-04-22 06:24 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22361865)
We met at my friend's house for the ride today and his mother just got a new dog, a Goldendoodle. The thing is quite cute and full of energy. When we got back after the ride the puppy was on the loose and his mom couldn't catch her. Two of my friends got involved but the puppy wouldn't be caught, she was having a blast teasing everyone.
She eventually got tired and ran into the house.

"Chase me" is one of my young GSD's favorite games. My old guy, though, not so much. He's more of a "come here and give me scratches" kind of guy.

genejockey 01-04-22 06:25 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22361868)
My dogs barely tolerate walking on wet grass on a rainy day. If they walked in snow, they would probably yelp like they were being tortured. #sissydogs

Rango goes out rain or shine - then comes inside and shakes off! - but Dory acts like she'll melt in the wet. She goes over to the door and paws at the jingle bells Mrs. GeneJockey put up for the dogs. When you open the door, Dory sticks her head out through the flap of the dog door, sniffs for a little bit, then abandons the whole enterprise.

Trsnrtr 01-04-22 06:25 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22361762)
Have you ever had a dog? They LOVE playing in snow.
.

Many years ago, we briefly had an English Sheepdog. I donít care how cold it was or how much snow was on the ground, that thing would go outside and just sit there like a big lump and let the wind blow through his hair. I would have to drag him back in the house.

genejockey 01-04-22 06:27 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22361871)
"Chase me" is one of my young GSD's favorite games. My old guy, though, not so much. He's more of a "come here and give me scratches" kind of guy.

When we had the Golden and the Eskie, the Eskie used to run figure 8s of the yard, and the Golden used to hang out where the loops cross to try and catch her without putting out too much effort.

LesterOfPuppets 01-04-22 06:29 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22361519)
Well, there might not be any lusting going on but thereís sho nuff gonna be lots of drinking. :lol:

Speaking of drinking, I seem to have misplaced my bottle of Maker's.

Did I take it out to the garage? For bike wrenching fuel? Hmmm.

Eric F 01-04-22 06:30 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22361873)
Rango goes out rain or shine - then comes inside and shakes off! - but Dory acts like she'll melt in the wet. She goes over to the door and paws at the jingle bells Mrs. GeneJockey put up for the dogs. When you open the door, Dory sticks her head out through the flap of the dog door, sniffs for a little bit, then abandons the whole enterprise.

On rainy mornings, they go out fairly reluctantly, but they go because they gotta go! I lay down a towel for them to walk across when they come in and get wiped down. Riley (GSD) has coarse fur that dries off pretty quickly. Ranger (beagle-mix) has fine and dense fur that holds a lot of water. Ranger loves his towel rub-downs though, and will sit and wait for me to finish drying Riley first.

Eric F 01-04-22 06:34 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22361877)
When we had the Golden and the Eskie, the Eskie used to run figure 8s of the yard, and the Golden used to hang out where the loops cross to try and catch her without putting out too much effort.

Riley: I'm gonna run and run and run.
Ranger: I'm gonna sit right here in the sun. I might even lay down if sitting is too much work. Maybe someone will give me scratches or snacks.

rjones28 01-04-22 06:35 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22361647)
I mentioned Wikiloc the other day. Did a little exploring this morning and found dozens of local MTB routes. :bday:
This lifelong pure roadie is pure no more.

Oh my.

genejockey 01-04-22 06:35 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22361878)
Speaking of drinking, I seem to have misplaced my bottle of Maker's.

Did I take it out to the garage? For bike wrenching fuel? Hmmm.

Not to be confused with the bottle of Jim Beam you use for degreasing?

rjones28 01-04-22 06:39 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22361754)
100% chance this dog would have enjoyed it more if it was 40F warmer

She doesn't care about the temperature, as long as the sun is out.

DougRNS 01-04-22 06:44 PM

This thread needs some Roscoe.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...50047af688.jpg

genejockey 01-04-22 06:47 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22361882)
Riley: I'm gonna run and run and run.
Ranger: I'm gonna sit right here in the sun. I might even lay down if sitting is too much work. Maybe someone will give me scratches or snacks.

When we got Zeena, our first Greyhound, she was 3 years old. She still did Zoomies - running circles or figure 8s of the yard at high speed. The Eskie, Kyoko, decided to be the Fun Police, and discouraged that. 4 years later we got Rango, and Zeena decided SHE was now the Fun Police, and tried to discourage Rango's Zoomies, but failed. Rango still does Zoomies, at 12 1/2, but not so many times around the circle. Dory gets all excited but gives him a wide berth, since he's > 6 times her size!

rjones28 01-04-22 06:48 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22361876)
Many years ago, we briefly had an English Sheepdog. I donít care how cold it was or how much snow was on the ground, that thing would go outside and just sit there like a big lump and let the wind blow through his hair. I would have to drag him back in the house.

Benson loves to sit on the hillside and survey her domain year round.

ls01 01-04-22 06:48 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22361044)
Whoa, I slept a lot last night. Yesterday, I had an itchy throat--I think I've been fighting off a threat.

I doing just fine now, though, obviously. :bday:

Not if your grammar is an indicator.

ls01 01-04-22 06:52 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22361102)
I was wrong, the boat is 52' not 53': SHANGRI LA Yacht Charters (cyabrochure.com)

Agree on the get along part. We are pretty easy to live with (I think) so unless someone is a total ass things should be okay. Fingers are crossed.

4 cabins with private heads should aid in that.

How DARE you mislead us this way! It's an outrage!! Ban him I say!

Mojo31 01-04-22 06:52 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22361868)
My dogs barely tolerate walking on wet grass on a rainy day. If they walked in snow, they would probably yelp like they were being tortured. #sissydogs

Ours, too, but shes a diva.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.