Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

ls01 01-04-22 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22361141)
It wouldn't be like that at all.

There would be no need to tie me to the sail pole.

you could however drag him behind the boat.

Mojo31 01-04-22 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22361811)
You don't get a dog because they're rational, or because you want to be rational. You get them because they're silly and goofy, and you want to be silly and goofy. So when you let them go play in the snow and they bound around like kids, it frees part of you to be a kid, too.

Speaking of pets not to get if you expect rational - cats

You get a cat because . . . well, I dont know why.

Mojo31 01-04-22 06:56 PM

Vaccine Day - a reprise from the zooming.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0cbb50a313.jpg

big john 01-04-22 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22361880)
On rainy mornings, they go out fairly reluctantly, but they go because they gotta go! I lay down a towel for them to walk across when they come in and get wiped down. Riley (GSD) has coarse fur that dries off pretty quickly. Ranger (beagle-mix) has fine and dense fur that holds a lot of water. Ranger loves his towel rub-downs though, and will sit and wait for me to finish drying Riley first.

My cat demands to go out when it's raining, even if it's raining hard. He'll walk around casually, drinking from puddles, and come back to the door fully soaked. He's weird.

genejockey 01-04-22 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22361911)

You get a cat because nobody in your life treats you with the contempt you feel you deserve.

genejockey 01-04-22 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22361925)
My cat demands to go out when it's raining, even if it's raining hard. He'll walk around casually, drinking from puddles, and come back to the door fully soaked. He's weird.

Cats love the wild water.

bampilot06 01-04-22 07:13 PM

cobra kai is back. anyone else as excited as this guy? anyone? ANYONE!?

Wife pretends not to like it, yet she keeps watching it with me.

Who wouldn’t want to live in a city where karate was more important than everyday jobs?

bampilot06 01-04-22 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22361925)

you get so little rain, he probably doesn’t know what it is.

bampilot06 01-04-22 07:21 PM

Today was the first ride with the Varia. Took the cervelo out becuase the road conditions were horrible. A lot of melting snow, plus sand and salt and other debris.

The varia was nice, that I didn’t have to keep turning my head over my shoulder.

Because I wasn’t constantly looking over my shoulder it seemed cars were passing me much closer than usual.

seedsbelize2 01-04-22 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22361715)
The two antis in my department are out with the ‘Rona. One has a young child and the other is pregnant.

The virulence of this variant is going to surprise a lot of people.Up until this week I had known one person who had it. Currently I know five who have it.

DougRNS 01-04-22 07:57 PM

Non controversial map of the day.

States where oxygen is required for humans to thrive.
Grey = required
Not grey = not required
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6d7609306c.jpg
#Useful

DougRNS 01-04-22 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22361979)
The virulence of this variant is going to surprise a lot of people.Up until this week I had known one person who had it. Currently I know five who have it.

if it surprises anyone they aren't paying attention.

DougRNS 01-04-22 08:03 PM

[MENTION=25227]Velo Vol[/MENTION]
who ya got?
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...676755c598.jpg

Velo Vol 01-04-22 08:38 PM

Slow night. Everyone must have been in their first band practice of the new season.

On the way home I saw a few houses that still had their Christmas lights running. :bday:

Velo Vol 01-04-22 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22361647)
This lifelong pure roadie is pure no more.

Sad.

Velo Vol 01-04-22 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22361986)
Non controversial map of the day.

States where oxygen is required for humans to thrive.
Grey = required
Not grey = not required
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6d7609306c.jpg

You misspelled gray.

Velo Vol 01-04-22 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22361993)
[MENTION=25227]Velo Vol[/MENTION]
who ya got?
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...676755c598.jpg

Why is there a bowl game so late?

Oh, never mind--Texas Bowl. It's special. :rolleyes:

Velo Vol 01-04-22 09:01 PM

:bday:

big john 01-04-22 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22361941)
you get so little rain, he probably doesn’t know what it is.

Could be. He has a thick dense coat so I don't think he minds cold or wet. Plus, he lived outside when he came to our house and he insisted on being out all day after we adopted him, partly because he wanted to hunt.

big john 01-04-22 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22361911)

I lived in a guest house on a property with multiple fruit trees and there were plenty of rats building nests on the engines of my cars. A friend had several cats hanging around his place and suggested I take one home. I took this old rough looking guy and he started exterminating rodents quickly. I had fixed him a cat door and he was bringing the damn rats in and dropping their corpses in my kitchen area. I never had trouble with rats in my cars after that. I was sad when he died years later.

The one I have now has a lot of personality.

ls01 01-05-22 05:12 AM

I love cats, I just can't finish one by myself. Unless there's ketchup.

ls01 01-05-22 05:26 AM

People of Zwift. I'm having issues related to the group ride thing again. I can't ride with the group. We did an hour last night. First half was ok, everything was normal. Then like a switch was thrown I couldn't stay with the group. The effort to ride with them was too high let alone to go to the front. Just to catch the leader was 450 sustained watts. If I tried to draft it wasn't any easier. I ended up off the back spinning [MENTION=88036]100[/MENTION] watts if I put any more effort in it would act like a ramp test and require more and more power. Then with 5 minutes to go suddenly I couldn't stop myself from riding with them. I was literally putting the minimum effort and riding away from them. I've been trying to find information on this group riding thing to see if I am doing something to cause this but so far nothing is apparent.

MoAlpha 01-05-22 06:20 AM

Perfect day to replace 20 big casement windows on the back of the house. I have two critical meetings. I hope the crew are healthy!

bampilot06 01-05-22 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22362222)
People of Zwift. I'm having issues related to the group ride thing again. I can't ride with the group. We did an hour last night. First half was ok, everything was normal. Then like a switch was thrown I couldn't stay with the group. The effort to ride with them was too high let alone to go to the front. Just to catch the leader was 450 sustained watts. If I tried to draft it wasn't any easier. I ended up off the back spinning [MENTION=88036]100[/MENTION] watts if I put any more effort in it would act like a ramp test and require more and more power. Then with 5 minutes to go suddenly I couldn't stop myself from riding with them. I was literally putting the minimum effort and riding away from them. I've been trying to find information on this group riding thing to see if I am doing something to cause this but so far nothing is apparent.

Ive never had this happen. Something that happens to me when I am riding with a group, I keep shooting to the front, and once I get to the front, it gets progressively harder and I shoot to the back. This will happen over and over during the time I am in the zwift world. The weird thing, I do everything I can to stay in the middle of the pack but I still shoot to the front.
It is frustrating but not as bad as your situation.

bampilot06 01-05-22 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22362245)
Perfect day to replace 20 big casement windows on the back of the house. I have two critical meetings. I hope the crew are healthy!

Back of my house only has 12 windows.