Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Velo Vol 01-05-22 12:56 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22362748)
Do you understand the concept of layered defense?

Maybe.

genejockey 01-05-22 01:02 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22362760)
Maybe.

If masking decreases the probability of infection by 50% and social distancing reduces the probability of infection by 50%, how much does the combination of the two reduce the probability of infection?

MoAlpha 01-05-22 01:31 PM

Of course the header over one set of windows is actually a beam tying into the support for the adjacent 2-story elevation and is almost completely rotten. So, we get to meet a brand new subcontractor tomorrow morning and pony up a few more boat units.

Velo Vol 01-05-22 01:32 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22362769)
If masking decreases the probability of infection by 50% and social distancing reduces the probability of infection by 50%, how much does the combination of the two reduce the probability of infection?

There's theoretical world calculations, and then there's the real world reality. I'm not saying that on an individual level they don't help. But sooner or later an outbreak will hit all areas, even the most regulated.

bampilot06 01-05-22 01:37 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22362672)
I signed up for an easy paced Zwift ride for this afternoon.

I might still get dropped. Sad.


I dropped myself this morning, so donít feel bad.

Velo Vol 01-05-22 01:40 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22362801)
boat units

What's the boat unit/bike unit exchange rate?

phrantic09 01-05-22 01:42 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22362661)
Frankly, being 3x microchipped and of quasi-good health, I'm not much more worried about it than I would be in a bad flu season.

I wonít argue- itís horrible up here right now. Iím not worried itís going to kill me. I am, however, worried that itís going to cause my kids to miss school for 5+ days.

I do generally feel that masking causes minimal discomfort and donít see what the big deal is with wearing them.

phrantic09 01-05-22 01:44 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22362814)
I dropped myself this morning, so donít feel bad.

I do every day

MoAlpha 01-05-22 01:46 PM


Originally Posted by velo vol (Post 22362820)
what's the boat unit/bike unit exchange rate?

10:1

MoAlpha 01-05-22 01:47 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22362672)
I signed up for an easy paced Zwift ride for this afternoon.

I might still get dropped. Sad.

Blame your wheel-on trainer. I do.

datlas 01-05-22 01:51 PM

Just finished my Zwift group ride. It was advertised as “sub2” pace 1.7-2.0, which for me would be fine but a bit easy. Of course, even with the “red gate of death” the pace was a bit faster, more like 2-2.3, which was ok for me but if I wonder if some riders were not happy. I had signal drop only twice, and the second one was nearly at the end.

It’s not as good as real miles but better than nothing.

Mojo31 01-05-22 01:53 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22362820)
What's the boat unit/bike unit exchange rate?

B.O.A.T. - break out another thousand

Usually multiples of that.

mvnsnd 01-05-22 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22362591)
yeah, I watch it, but these are guys I ride with all the time. We all know who's who and where we should be. I'll keep going for a bit but if it keeps happening I'll just stop doing it. It's way to frustrating. I ve complained to the leader before but I'm told, I'm doing it wrong. But no one can tell me what I'm doing wrong so I dunno..:deadhorse: .



What hardware is this on? Have you tried installing the latest Zwift client? I occasionally got a situation where I pressed for a different camera view and then got limited in speed no matter the power applied. But I think a later game update fixed that.

rjones28 01-05-22 02:10 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22362802)
There's theoretical world calculations, and then there's the real world reality. I'm not saying that on an individual level they don't help. But sooner or later an outbreak will hit all areas, even the most regulated.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/7e04020e...cfwo6_250.gifv

genejockey 01-05-22 02:24 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22362802)
There's theoretical world calculations, and then there's the real world reality. I'm not saying that on an individual level they don't help. But sooner or later an outbreak will hit all areas, even the most regulated.

Well, yeah.

genejockey 01-05-22 02:28 PM


Originally Posted by mvnsnd (Post 22362853)
What hardware is this on? Have you tried installing the latest Zwift client? I occasionally got a situation where I pressed for a different camera view and then got limited in speed no matter the power applied. But I think a later game update fixed that.

Do you have a choice? If there's an update, it updates on my rig. And of course because it's a cheap and old laptop, it takes FOREVER.

Mojo31 01-05-22 02:32 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22362900)
Do you have a choice? If there's an update, it updates on my rig. And of course because it's a cheap and old laptop, it takes FOREVER.

I don't know how old is old, but if you don't already know, Zwift will require Windows 10 by the end of the month. If you have W7, you can still upgrade for free, but if you have XP you are SOL.

mvnsnd 01-05-22 02:34 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22362900)
Do you have a choice? If there's an update, it updates on my rig. And of course because it's a cheap and old laptop, it takes FOREVER.


Yes it updates, but sometimes a fresh installation of the software from their website seems to be better than the update.

Velo Vol 01-05-22 02:35 PM

Map of the Day

05 January 22

Round II

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...85989bb490.png

Tune in Friday and we'll see how close they are.

MoAlpha 01-05-22 02:48 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22362841)
Just finished my Zwift group ride. It was advertised as ďsub2Ē pace 1.7-2.0, which for me would be fine but a bit easy. Of course, even with the ďred gate of deathĒ the pace was a bit faster, more like 2-2.3, which was ok for me but if I wonder if some riders were not happy. I had signal drop only twice, and the second one was nearly at the end.

Itís not as good as real miles but better than nothing.

A geezer invited me to do a structured workout with him tomorrow. I'm not sure I see the point, but what the hell.

MoAlpha 01-05-22 02:48 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22362909)
Map of the Day

05 January 22

Round II

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...85989bb490.png

Tune in Friday and we'll see how close they are.

Yo, **** that ****!

gnome 01-05-22 02:49 PM

Went for a decent overnight tramp (hike). 25km one way with under 1,000m of vertical gain. that was stupid to do in summer. On the walk in I drank nearly 5l of water (well 1.25L was electrolytes). Even eating salted nuts as a snack I was still dehydrated and knackered when I got to the hut. I drank another half litre of Rooibos while eating dinner and had more water before crawling into my bunk. After a poor night's sleep, the next day was walk out the same way. thankfully it was slightly cooler. I still drank the same amount but added the electrolyte powder twice instead of once to my water bottle. I didn't feel as dehydrated but did feel just as knackered.

Today the only walking I'm doing is a little around the house and some grocery shopping. And I'll still be drinking lots.

I should have gone cycling instead.

seedsbelize2 01-05-22 02:50 PM

I honestly don't know what happens to the days. Seems like it should be around noon and it's 3PM! :wtf::50:
This is a daily occurrence.

genejockey 01-05-22 02:59 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22362931)
I honestly don't know what happens to the days. Seems like it should be around noon and it's 3PM! :wtf::50:
This is a daily occurrence.

Maybe you're in the wrong time zone.

Velo Vol 01-05-22 03:03 PM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22362927)
Went for a decent overnight tramp (hike). 25km one way with under 1,000m of vertical gain. that was stupid to do in summer.

Seems dubious anytime of year.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.