Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

rjones28 01-06-22 09:05 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22363636)
Significant structural issues. Beam going back into house is mostly sound, but compromised by earlier bathroom reno and will have to be reinforced. Note absence of flashing around window frame in lower left. Fortunately, the vertical piece is pressure treated. Downspout drains a huge amount of roof and the water damage is probably due to that bit of totally avoidable bad design.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f36ba3934.jpeg

:twitchy:

Mojo31 01-06-22 09:05 AM

Might see if there is some way to prevent ice dams in that spot going forward. That's likely a cause of the damage as well.

#southernroofingexpert

Mojo31 01-06-22 09:08 AM

"East Coasters" just can't seem to deal with the cold snap: Lawmaker apologizes after apparent try to 'pants' referee (msn.com)

MoAlpha 01-06-22 09:17 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22363661)
Might see if there is some way to prevent ice dams in that spot going forward. That's likely a cause of the damage as well.

#southernroofingexpert

Indeed. I also suspect the idiot POs cleaned their gutters never. The structural engineer the window/siding guys brought in regaled me with stories about earthquake damage he's seen here.

And the latest bulletin from downstairs is that the beam going into the kitchen is not even sitting on the post visible from outside (and now inside :() and is attached to it by one (1) horizontal nail. Hey, it's held up for years!

Velo Vol 01-06-22 09:18 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22363666)
"East Coasters" just can't seem to deal with the cold snap: Lawmaker apologizes after apparent try to 'pants' referee (msn.com)

I regret to inform that dude's issues have nothing to do with the air temperature.

Mojo31 01-06-22 09:21 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22363681)
Indeed. I also suspect the idiot POs cleaned their gutters never. The structural engineer the window/siding guys brought in regaled me with stories about earthquake damage he's seen here.

And the latest bulletin from downstairs is that the beam going into the kitchen is not even sitting on the post visible from outside (and now inside :() and is attached to it by one (1) horizontal nail. Hey, it's held up for years!

Wow!

How long have you been in the place?

Mojo31 01-06-22 09:24 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22363682)
I regret to inform that dude's issues have nothing to do with the air temperature.

I figured it was attributable to his being a good southern Christian, but I was trying to be considerate. ;)

big john 01-06-22 09:27 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22363533)
And no cars to futz with. The best part.

Yes. The older I get the more I dislike riding around cars. I like going where they can't go.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c4670136cc.jpg

big john 01-06-22 09:35 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22363666)
"East Coasters" just can't seem to deal with the cold snap: Lawmaker apologizes after apparent try to 'pants' referee (msn.com)

The old "Little league syndrome".

Velo Vol 01-06-22 09:43 AM

I've gotten upset at my share of people over the years. I've never had the urge to pull down their pants in that moment (at least not any males).

datlas 01-06-22 09:46 AM

We are getting nuisance snow tonight, then a deep freeze on Saturday followed by a big rain on Sunday.

I see more fake miles in my future.

Velo Vol 01-06-22 09:48 AM

Oh boy.


MoAlpha 01-06-22 09:53 AM


Originally Posted by mojo31 (Post 22363687)
wow!

How long have you been in the place?

2012

WhyFi 01-06-22 10:08 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22363734)

Is there supposed to be something remarkable in that vid?

Mojo31 01-06-22 10:10 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22363734)

Lanes are readily visible. SMH

WhyFi 01-06-22 10:13 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22363636)
Significant structural issues. Beam going back into house is mostly sound, but compromised by earlier bathroom reno and will have to be reinforced. Note absence of flashing around window frame in lower left. Fortunately, the vertical piece is pressure treated. Downspout drains a huge amount of roof and the water damage is probably due to that bit of totally avoidable bad design.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f36ba3934.jpeg

:(

We'll have to do some roof work this year - I'm afraid about what we might see when we peel back the layers.

Mojo31 01-06-22 10:22 AM

We had to rip up part of our roof a few years ago because water was getting under the shingles and rotted the decking. Couldn't see if from the outside. A plumber servicing the water heaters saw the rotted wood while in the attic. Luckily found it before water came through the roof deck.

You never know what might be lurking under things.

ls01 01-06-22 10:29 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22363721)
I've gotten upset at my share of people over the years. I've never had the urge to pull down their pants in that moment (at least not any males).

I noticed that you have conveniently left out, not pulling down your pants in anger, from this statement of denial. Just pointing it out for the record.

Trsnrtr 01-06-22 10:57 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22363636)
Significant structural issues. Beam going back into house is mostly sound, but compromised by earlier bathroom reno and will have to be reinforced. Note absence of flashing around window frame in lower left. Fortunately, the vertical piece is pressure treated. Downspout drains a huge amount of roof and the water damage is probably due to that bit of totally avoidable bad design.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f36ba3934.jpeg

Ugly!

indyfabz 01-06-22 11:01 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22363728)
We are getting nuisance snow tonight, then a deep freeze on Saturday followed by a big rain on Sunday.

The Philly school district has already decided to go virtual tomorrow because of the snow. *smh* During the 3 years I spent in public school (6th-8th grade) we would have to show up when there was 6" on the ground and more falling. Kids there days are soft. :50:

The Eagles 8:15 game Saturday night should be interesting.

Trsnrtr 01-06-22 11:01 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22363728)
I see more fake miles in my future.

Same. We're dealing with wind and temps at the moment. The one warm day over the next 7 is supposed to be a rain day. Lots of indoor. I'm just happy that trainers and tech have come so far over the last decade.

indyfabz 01-06-22 11:01 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22363837)
Ugly!

Ugly is such an ugly word.

Mojo31 01-06-22 11:08 AM

Fugly is not so ugly. Or, maybe it's more so.

rjones28 01-06-22 11:12 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22363721)
I've gotten upset at my share of people over the years. I've never had the urge to pull down their pants in that moment (at least not any males).

Noted.

rjones28 01-06-22 11:13 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22363734)

What's the problem?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.