Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

phrantic09 03-03-22 07:43 AM

I have a dilemma.

For some of the gravel crap I知 doing this spring there will definitely be some off the bike in the mud type of stuff.

I知 totally happy with my Vector 3 pedals but I知 not sure it seems sensible to buy $250 pedal bodies for 5-10 rides that I値l need it.

I知 thinking I could get $650 ish for the dual sided selling them- I could replace with a power2max crank /pm or just buy some MTB pedals and do these races without power. I guess the last option is a single sided stages. Decisions, decisions

Mojo31 03-03-22 08:33 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22426942)
I try to but people keep derailing the forum with watches, knives, power tools, boats, baseball, football, depressing stuff, etc. :lol:

You left out cats and Wordle.

rjones28 03-03-22 08:36 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22426942)
I try to but people keep derailing the forum with watches, knives, power tools, boats, baseball, football, depressing stuff, etc. :lol:

I ordered a bike part yesterday.

Mojo31 03-03-22 08:42 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22427008)
I ordered a bike part yesterday.

Me too, but 3. And, an accessory the day before. And, a maintenance item the day before that.

BillyD 03-03-22 08:57 AM

I hate sweating more than I hate freezing. Much more.

Mojo31 03-03-22 09:09 AM

Sweating doesn't bother me. It's the cold that I cannot stand.

Golf shirt weather here today. Temps close to 80. :bday:

indyfabz 03-03-22 09:14 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22427002)
You left out cats and Wordle.

Guilty of both.

Last night I think there was a possum in the yard next door because Stephen was acting like he did the last time there was.

indyfabz 03-03-22 09:16 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22427045)

Golf shirt weather here today. Temps close to 80. :bday:

It's cold here, but Sunday and Monday are both supposed to be in the 70s, but showers Sunday.

I need to get in some miles. I am 'posed to do a long weekend bike trip starting April 14th. At least the route is mostly flat.

BillyD 03-03-22 09:17 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22426942)
I try to but people keep derailing the forum with watches, knives, power tools, boats, baseball, football, depressing stuff, etc. :lol:

Oops, dogs aren't on the list, I guess we need more dogs.

BillyD 03-03-22 09:22 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3e0ffd5a55.jpg

LAJ 03-03-22 09:30 AM

Not the PAOTD

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a311a66d98.jpg

Mojo31 03-03-22 09:31 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22427052)
It's cold here, but Sunday and Monday are both supposed to be in the 70s, but showers Sunday.

I need to get in some miles. I am 'posed to do a long weekend bike trip starting April 14th. At least the route is mostly flat.

Mid 70s and sunny here this weekend. Problem will be the 20-30 mph winds I saw forecast on the news last night.

Oh well. I'm ordering 100 bags of mulch for delivery by this weekend. Looks like the weekend will be arms and upper body days. :50:

Mojo31 03-03-22 09:36 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22427053)
Oops, dogs aren't on the list, I guess we need more dogs.

Agree.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2122c4c318.jpg

rjones28 03-03-22 09:37 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...75cb15c9cb.jpg

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22427053)
Oops, dogs aren't on the list, I guess we need more dogs.

Always.

indyfabz 03-03-22 09:44 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22427071)
Oh well. I'm ordering 100 bags of mulch for delivery by this weekend. Looks like the weekend will be arms and upper body days. :50:

I ordered a bag of char coal that got delivered to my local Ace. I wanted to grill last week but had none. You cannot get good stuff around here this time of year.

Eric F 03-03-22 09:50 AM

Wordle 257 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

rjones28 03-03-22 09:54 AM

Freight Gate of the Day

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0a8180ebca.jpg

Mojo31 03-03-22 09:57 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22427096)
I ordered a bag of char coal that got delivered to my local Ace. I wanted to grill last week but had none. You cannot get good stuff around here this time of year.

Are you using lump or briquettes?

I haven't had any troubles finding lump, but have had troubles finding the brands I like. Have been settling for what I can find at Home Depot or Lowes.

Bah Humbug 03-03-22 10:17 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22426766)
Crazy world aside, hope the hip is improving.

Hip is good enough that I can now 途un two miles straight, though at a pace so slow I used to have trouble holding it.

BillyD 03-03-22 10:21 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22427069)

wut?

bampilot06 03-03-22 10:23 AM

Will wearing a cycling cap make me look like an idiot at the crit?

BillyD 03-03-22 10:25 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22427127)
Hip is good enough that I can now 途un two miles straight, though at a pace so slow I used to have trouble holding it.

Good to hear.

LAJ 03-03-22 10:26 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22427131)
wut?

Craig Breedlove. Spirit of America at the Bonneville Salt Flats many years ago. He survived. This was during the most epic of battles between the Green Monster piloted by Art Arfons, and the Spirit of America.

LAJ 03-03-22 10:27 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22427133)
Will wearing a cycling cap make me look like an idiot at the crit?

Is it going to be cold?

big john 03-03-22 10:29 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22427131)
wut?

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0d2d3f30db.jpg

phrantic09 03-03-22 10:36 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22427127)
Hip is good enough that I can now 途un two miles straight, though at a pace so slow I used to have trouble holding it.

Well, sounds like you池e recovering well if you can run. It値l come back.

When I had my hip surgery it took 3.5 months to be weight bearing, 6 months to 途un and 18 to get back to 菟re fitness

bampilot06 03-03-22 10:43 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22427142)
Is it going to be cold?


48 degrees.

Mojo31 03-03-22 10:48 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22427133)
Will wearing a cycling cap make me look like an idiot at the crit?

Don't know about that, but if you show up wearing a hockey helmet and missing a few teeth, you might find the competitors give you more room.

rjones28 03-03-22 11:08 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22427133)
Will wearing a cycling cap make me look like an idiot at the crit?

The cap won't be the deciding factor. ;)

Mojo31 03-03-22 11:22 AM

Seat post?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.