Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

abshipp 05-25-22 12:32 PM

Reminded myself today that not all rides have to be hard.


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8d8a3ddb1.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...66e5f229a.jpeg

LesterOfPuppets 05-25-22 12:43 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22519132)
Multiply those pics by at least 10 each.

Waitaminnit, Buceees has 100 linear feet of hot sauce gondo? That's a lotta hot sauce.

Bah Humbug 05-25-22 12:49 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22519639)
Waitaminnit, Buceees has 100 linear feet of hot sauce gondo? That's a lotta hot sauce.

I canít eat any of them, so maybe not a literal 10x. Far more though, yes. And the fudge counter alone is much bigger than that one. It is seriously huger than the rest of you are ready to accept.

Mojo31 05-25-22 01:27 PM


datlas 05-25-22 01:54 PM

Good ride today but with a bit of drama. Goal pace for Wednesday is 16-17. We did the first half at almost 19, and although I thought we were all together, we dropped one rider. She caught us at the rest stop, and two other cyclists I know were doing the same route but slower, so I apologized for the drop and she said NP she would do second half with the two other slower riders. We ended up around 18.5 average speed (I effing hate that term) which for a 50 mile ride with 2800 feet of elevation was still a bit too fast imo. I really wanted to keep the pace more relaxed, but when the fast horses get on the front and hammer, it’s stay with them or get dropped.

Bah Humbug 05-25-22 02:07 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22519739)
average speed (I effing hate that term)

But will BillyD add that to the censor sensor censure list? No... :innocent:

genejockey 05-25-22 02:16 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22519739)
Good ride today but with a bit of drama. Goal pace for Wednesday is 16-17. We did the first half at almost 19, and although I thought we were all together, we dropped one rider. She caught us at the rest stop, and two other cyclists I know were doing the same route but slower, so I apologized for the drop and she said NP she would do second half with the two other slower riders. We ended up around 18.5 average speed (I effing hate that term) which for a 50 mile ride with 2800 feet of elevation was still a bit too fast imo. I really wanted to keep the pace more relaxed, but when the fast horses get on the front and hammer, itís stay with them or get dropped.

How about "mean velocity"?

datlas 05-25-22 02:18 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22519766)
How about "mean velocity"?

Certainly a few riders put the MEAN in todayís mean velocity.

Bah Humbug 05-25-22 02:21 PM

I wonder what would happen if Apple (or Samsung) suddenly released a new phone that wad the old one with a base model Nikon Coolpix superglued on the back and costing over double.

MoAlpha 05-25-22 02:23 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22519577)
Does anybody know of a good free HRV app? The one I was using, I thought was free but now I canít access the data without paying. My fitbit does okay but I donít know if I trust itís accuracy.

Elite HRV or spend the 10 bucks on HRV4training, which is a little more geared toward athletes and will tell you all sorts of things, some of which could be accurate. Both do a good job of phone camera measurement.

WhyFi 05-25-22 02:35 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22519777)
Elite HRV or spend the 10 bucks on HRV4training, which is a little more geared toward athletes and will tell you all sorts of things, some of which could be accurate. Both do a good job of phone camera measurement.

:lol:

Mojo31 05-25-22 02:35 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22519773)
I wonder what would happen if Apple (or Samsung) suddenly released a new phone that wad the old one with a base model Nikon Coolpix superglued on the back and costing over double.

Nikon would sue for patent and trademark infringement.

Bah Humbug 05-25-22 02:40 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22519795)
Nikon would sue for patent and trademark infringement.

I was presuming it would be licensed, and possibly white-labeled. You understand the point of the question, I assume.

big john 05-25-22 02:47 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22519652)
I canít eat any of them, so maybe not a literal 10x. Far more though, yes. And the fudge counter alone is much bigger than that one. It is seriously huger than the rest of you are ready to accept.

When we went to lunch yesterday it took a long time for the food to come out and by the time it did I was beyond hungry. My friend gave me the pickles from his spicy chicken sandwich and the super tart pickle with the hot sauce on it was an explosion of flavor. It was startling, actually.

Mojo31 05-25-22 02:58 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22519805)
I was presuming it would be licensed, and possibly white-labeled. You understand the point of the question, I assume.

Of course.

WhyFi 05-25-22 03:01 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22519808)
When we went to lunch yesterday it took a long time for the food to come out and by the time it did I was beyond hungry. My friend gave me the pickles from his spicy chicken sandwich and the super tart pickle with the hot sauce on it was an explosion of flavor. It was startling, actually.

Spice is the variety of life.

WhyFi 05-25-22 03:02 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22519805)
I was presuming it would be licensed, and possibly white-labeled. You understand the point of the question, I assume.

I don't get it.















:innocent:

datlas 05-25-22 03:02 PM

So after a week of playing with my CGM, I am still suspicious it probably does not add a whole lot to my fueling strategy. Of course, YNMV.

The sensor lasts 14 days, so I will keep it on for another week.

MoAlpha 05-25-22 03:03 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22519793)
:lol:

Hey, it said my VO2max was 49 at age almost-66. That's worth the 10 bucks right there!

Bah Humbug 05-25-22 03:03 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22519826)
Spice is the variety of life.

Sadly, onion and garlic now do bad things to my stomach (and AG's) and that wipes out essentially all pre-made sauces and spice mixes. Fortunately, Buc'ees sells good huge salads and you can buy chicken and cheese to put on top. Better food than you can get at any other place for a restricted diet. Of course, they also have more interesting fare for those who can partake.

Bah Humbug 05-25-22 03:04 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22519827)
I don't get it.

:innocent:

But it does what they promised! Why would you be disappointed?

MoAlpha 05-25-22 03:05 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22519830)
So after a week of playing with my CGM, I am still suspicious it probably does not add a whole lot to my fueling strategy. Of course, YNMV.

The sensor lasts 14 days, so I will keep it on for another week.

Interesting gizmo, but not as interesting as a lactate meter. However, that's a deep hole off the cave of pointless geekiness I'm already in and I don't like finger sticks.

WhyFi 05-25-22 03:06 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22519831)
Hey, it said my VO2max was 49 at age almost-66. That's worth the 10 bucks right there!

:beer:

Does that mean that it needs to be fed data from an exercise session? It can't estimate VO2Max directly and solely from HRV, can it? :foo:

MoAlpha 05-25-22 03:08 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22519839)
:beer:

Does that mean that it needs to be fed data from an exercise session? It can't estimate VO2Max directly and solely from HRV, can it? :foo:

Yes, it downloads from Strava and as far as I can tell the VO2max estimate has nothing to do with HRV.

WhyFi 05-25-22 03:08 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22519833)
Sadly, onion and garlic now do bad things to my stomach (and AG's) and that wipes out essentially all pre-made sauces and spice mixes. Fortunately, Buc'ees sells good huge salads and you can buy chicken and cheese to put on top. Better food than you can get at any other place for a restricted diet. Of course, they also have more interesting fare for those who can partake.

My sympathies - I love onion and garlic. Are we talking indigestion or similar ailments? It seems odd that it would affect both of you.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.