Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Bicycle Mechanics (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   truvativ conversion development connecting rods (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1279810)

Adrian vela 08-21-23 05:00 AM

truvativ conversion development connecting rods

good morning colleaguesi am building my bike i have a gmc denaliWith 28.38'48t and I want to change the hub and cranks for some truvativ GXP stylo I intend to leave the 44 chainring and assemble a 52t crank with the same bcd. The measurements of the pedal box match. I have already changed the freewheel for a cassette for 10v relief slx derailleur. Is this conversion possible to increase crank development? I make a route and I want to use gxp with 44, 52. What do you think?

Kontact 08-21-23 06:33 AM

Seriously, is this a bot? The words almost make sense if English is not the first language, but the numbers aren't consistent.

dedhed 08-21-23 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kontact (Post 22990926)
Seriously, is this a bot? The words almost make sense if English is not the first language, but the numbers aren't consistent.

My translation

truvativ conversion development connecting rods Changing crankset

good morning colleaguesi am building my bike i have a gmc denaliWith 28.38'48t existing 28/38/48 triple crank and I want to change the hub BB and cranks for some truvativ GXP stylo I intend to leave the 44 chainring and assemble a 52t crank with the same bcd. The measurements of the pedal box match BB shell width is the same. I have already changed the freewheel for a cassette for 10v relief slx derailleur OK this one baffles me. Is this conversion possible to increase crank development I want higher gears? I make a route and I want to use gxp with 44, 52. What do you think?

grumpus 08-21-23 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Kontact (Post 22990926)

Google translate working its magic I suspect - the guy is probably Spanish or Italian.
He's fitting a 2x10 drivetrain to a bike that had 3x and wants to know if he can fit larger chainrings. I think.

Kontact 08-21-23 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by dedhed (Post 22990956)
My translation

truvativ conversion development connecting rods Changing crankset

good morning colleaguesi am building my bike i have a gmc denaliWith 28.38'48t existing 28/38/48 triple crank and I want to change the hub BB and cranks for some truvativ GXP stylo I intend to leave the 44 chainring and assemble a 52t crank with the same bcd. The measurements of the pedal box match BB shell width is the same. I have already changed the freewheel for a cassette for 10v relief slx derailleur OK this one baffles me. Is this conversion possible to increase crank development I want higher gears? I make a route and I want to use gxp with 44, 52. What do you think?

What existing 44 chainring?

dedhed 08-21-23 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Kontact (Post 22991012)
What existing 44 chainring?

I believe that actually is in regards to existing on the proposed new crank. But who actually knows what is the whole story