Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

big john 09-07-21 02:44 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22219508)
But, its....dirty...

If there was something like that near here I would definitely go check it out. At least ride around and watch what other people are doing. I'd probably stay off the jump lines, though.

ls01 09-07-21 02:54 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22219541)
If there was something like that near here I would definitely go check it out. At least ride around and watch what other people are doing. I'd probably stay off the jump lines, though.

So....you like to watch, is what yer sayin'?

big john 09-07-21 02:55 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22219555)
So....you like to watch, is what yer sayin'?

Sometimes.....

genejockey 09-07-21 03:42 PM

I was gonna say Id pulled the trigger on that Centurion, but a better metaphor is to say I'd thumbed the hammer back. Emailed the seller, asking if there was anyplace closer to me than Cotati to meet. Said I "might be interested". We shall see.

DougRNS 09-07-21 03:42 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22219140)
Busy Monday.

tldr

Velo Vol 09-07-21 03:50 PM

People have a hard time focusing these days.

Eric F 09-07-21 03:54 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22219646)
People have a hard time focusing these days.

I certainly am. It's time for new glasses.

Velo Vol 09-07-21 03:56 PM

wut


indyfabz 09-07-21 04:29 PM

Descending the Goethals Bridge in Rapha style.


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e7e69167a.jpeg

indyfabz 09-07-21 04:48 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22219382)
You realize those are single-use, right? :roflmao2:

I was feeling kind and served up a meatball.

datlas 09-07-21 04:58 PM

My organization’s board just announced that employees must be vaccinated fully by 10/31 or they will be fired. I think that is reasonable but a couple of our best nurses are anti-vax and likely to vote with their feet. Sad.

indyfabz 09-07-21 05:07 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22219756)
My organizationís board just announced that employees must be vaccinated fully by 10/31 or they will be fired. I think that is reasonable but a couple of our best nurses are anti-vax and likely to vote with their feet. Sad.

What do you think their job prospects would be if they do walk? I would imagine vaccination will be a requirement at many health care providers.

big john 09-07-21 05:12 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22219756)
My organizationís board just announced that employees must be vaccinated fully by 10/31 or they will be fired. I think that is reasonable but a couple of our best nurses are anti-vax and likely to vote with their feet. Sad.

How can a nurse be anti-vax? Is it all vaccines or just c-19?

Mojo31 09-07-21 05:14 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22219756)
My organizationís board just announced that employees must be vaccinated fully by 10/31 or they will be fired. I think that is reasonable but a couple of our best nurses are anti-vax and likely to vote with their feet. Sad.

I applaud that decision.

Methodist system In Houston did that. And about 128 employees revolted. But the revolt was short lived. Those 128 were let go.

LesterOfPuppets 09-07-21 05:15 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22219717)
Descending the Goethals Bridge in Rapha style.


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e7e69167a.jpeg

You're gonna eat a lot of bugs riding around like that

#askmehowiknow

Mojo31 09-07-21 05:16 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22219779)
How can a nurse be anti-vax? Is it all vaccines or just c-19?

Politics. Pure and simple.

There are a lot of people in the health care industry who do not take care of their own health.

Eric F 09-07-21 05:18 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22219779)
How can a nurse be anti-vax? Is it all vaccines or just c-19?

I was pondering the exact same thing.

Eric F 09-07-21 05:22 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22219772)
What do you think their job prospects would be if they do walk? I would imagine vaccination will be a requirement at many health care providers.

My wife works for a healthcare provider (not a frontline worker). The company has required all non-vax'd employees to get tested every week.

Trsnrtr 09-07-21 05:26 PM

I just a voicemail from my LBS telling me they fixed a click in my Dura Ace press-in BB on my Propel. It has 14,000 miles on the BB. Not sure what they did but my mechanic said it was a quick fix. I think they removed it and pressed and glued it back in.

datlas 09-07-21 05:43 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22219779)
How can a nurse be anti-vax? Is it all vaccines or just c-19?

I donít know details. Canít really reason with some people.

#P&R

ls01 09-07-21 05:56 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22219558)
Sometimes.....

You do you, I don't judge...

ls01 09-07-21 06:03 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22219790)
Politics. Pure and simple.

There are a lot of people in the health care industry who do not take care of their own health.

Because they don't trust authority. Just look at the **** show that's going on out there. You have to ask why? My sister is an Rn. Works her ass off, she's anti vax. She will fold because she has bills. ... I'll stop here. It's too much politics.

In short, we are all getting screwed by our govt. So they can become rich. Now really I'm done.


EDIT: this was supposed to be in response to John's, " how can a nurse be anti vax" question. Muh bad.

ls01 09-07-21 06:04 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22219837)
You do you, I don't judge...


You liar, you do too.....

noodle soup 09-07-21 06:05 PM

Alright guys. I'm looking to buy 2 1000ish lumen cordless lights, What's the hot deal? I only ask here, because this is where the true consumers hang out.

big john 09-07-21 06:07 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22219823)
I donít know details. Canít really reason with some people.

#P&R

Certainly people in health care have to know the efficacy of vaccines? Do they actually argue against the facts?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.