Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

indyfabz 10-29-21 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22288044)
I hope to be better enough to ride tomorrow.

Isn't it still supposed to be crappy tomorrow morning?

LAJ 10-29-21 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22288067)
Same corner?

Yes. They quit using that course after that year. The prior year, sbxx's partner was involved in a crash on the backside of the course, with a combination of injuries that allowed sbxx to develope his inner carpentry skills.

datlas 10-29-21 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22288073)
Isn't it still supposed to be crappy tomorrow morning?

Correct.

I have to be at work from 9-11 tomorrow anyway (because they are giving flu shots and need a physician on the premises for billing purposes).

My hope is to get out for a few hours in the afternoon.

Velo Vol 10-29-21 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22288078)
I have to be at work from 9-11 tomorrow anyway (because they are giving flu shots and need a physician on the premises for billing purposes).

:rolleyes:

datlas 10-29-21 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22288084)
:rolleyes:

I think that is ******** but that's the rule. Sad!

edit: you can say bat**** but not toro****? Hmm....

rjones28 10-29-21 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22288090)

That's ********.

MoAlpha 10-29-21 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22288074)
inner carpentry skills.

:lol:

Velo Vol 10-29-21 08:24 AM

They give flu shots at Walmart/Kroger/other, and I'm quite sure no doctor is there. :foo:

MoAlpha 10-29-21 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22288110)
They give flu shots at Walmart/Kroger/other, and I'm quite sure no doctor is there. :foo:

They're not billing the same people the same amount, I'm guessing.

seedsbelize2 10-29-21 08:28 AM

I wear gloves for sweat mitigation. I take off wet gloves after every ride. I no longer use real leather gloves, nor real cotton. As far as high end coffee goes, I put a heaping tablespoon of Nescafe into a plastic tumbler and fill it with room temperature water. I haven't always been a coffee snob though.

datlas 10-29-21 08:28 AM

They have to have a "billing provider" which can be a doctor, a noctor, or a pharmacist. The amount paid by insurance is the same, regardless.

rjones28 10-29-21 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22288101)
That's ********.

Speaking of; last week I missed the Fall heatwave because of work. This week I'm missing out on the crisp sunny Fall weather because of injury*.

But, at least, the swelling from my yellowjacket sting has gone down enough that I can wear my wedding ring again.

* lower back pain.

:50:

BillyD 10-29-21 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22288035)
I don't really do drip, but the Moccamaster Technivorm is supposed to be one of the better machines out there. And then there's St James Hoffman's personal choice -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfkdkZRv6Mc

Got it. I wonder why they prefer SS carafes, we both prefer glass. Anyway, she was already familiar with the Technivorm but not sold on it. The Breville looks interesting, it's techy.

Considering how fussy she is about her coffee I'm not going to gift her one, she's going to have to make that decision herself. I mean, for example, I believe she's tried virtually every brand of coffee in the supermarket, looking for euphoria, or something. She calls it "discriminating". :lol: I can't deal. :lol:

BillyD 10-29-21 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22288058)
"I'm not the most perceptive coffee taster at 6 in the morning"

Sold! I haven't used the auto start function in any brewer, but I just may have to start.

That caught my attention, too. Same. I'm famous for drinking leftover coffee from yesterday, tastes fine to me. Sometimes she'll leave over enough that I don't have to make my own. :lol:

BillyD 10-29-21 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22288070)
Correct. Seeing patients and stomping out disease!

Saving lives, as Rainbow Johnson constantly puts it. :lol:

LAJ 10-29-21 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22288144)
Got it. I wonder why they prefer SS carafes, we both prefer glass. Anyway, she was already familiar with the Technivorm but not sold on it. The Breville looks interesting, it's techy.

Considering how fussy she is about her coffee I'm not going to gift her one, she's going to have to make that decision herself. I mean, for example, I believe she's tried virtually every brand of coffee in the supermarket, looking for euphoria, or something. She calls it "discriminating". :lol: I can't deal. :lol:

SS Carafe because glass doesn't hold the heat in, and keeping coffee hot on a burner is one of the deadly sins in the coffee world. To be honest, I thought grinding at night was too, but I'm enlightened now. Life has gotten so much simpler now.

BillyD 10-29-21 08:59 AM

Just shopping is at your own risk at Walmart anyway.

LesterOfPuppets 10-29-21 09:04 AM

There may be some options in here:

LesterOfPuppets 10-29-21 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22288152)
That caught my attention, too. Same. I'm famous for drinking leftover coffee from yesterday, tastes fine to me. Sometimes she'll leave over enough that I don't have to make my own. :lol:

I drink a lot of day old coffee. I wouldn't say it tastes fine to me but still better than water

DougRNS 10-29-21 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22287992)
I laughed more watching the movie than I do reading your posts.

My posts are generally designed to enlighten and educate not to entertain. Therefore, your statement is unremarkable.

BillyD 10-29-21 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22288158)
SS Carafe because glass doesn't hold the heat in, and keeping coffee hot on a burner is one of the deadly sins in the coffee world. To be honest, I thought grinding at night was too, but I'm enlightened now. Life has gotten so much simpler now.

Gotcha! Clearly none of that crowd comes from a graduate school background where it is crucial to be able to jiggle a carafe to determine how thick the coffee therein has become. To repeat, it's a crucial requirement. lol

datlas 10-29-21 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22288170)
There may be some options in here:

https://youtu.be/vhagzSEXzic

:thumb:

DougRNS 10-29-21 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22288028)
So far, Arkansas as a state has not impressed me.

I'm not so sure it's impressed with you.
see also:
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c4015eda50.jpg

LAJ 10-29-21 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22288177)
Gotcha! Clearly none of that crowd comes from a graduate school background where it is crucial to be able to jiggle a carafe to determine how thick the coffee therein has become. To repeat, it's a crucial requirement. lol

Indeed. :) I haven't stepped up to the Crème de la Crème of coffee makers, so you can take this with a grain of salt. The Ninja with a ss carafe is pretty darn good, in my book.

DougRNS 10-29-21 09:23 AM

Appointment is done. Eyeglasses purchased including prescription sunglasses. Now I have to submit reimbursement form. While at Costco I got a Napa Valley Cabernet. I will have it tonight while watching the World Series. I have 1 task to do that was not on my list then the ironing is looming.
Tonight's wine:
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...059fdfdd42.jpg