Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How fer did you ride today?! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1081695)

kahn 08-21-21 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22194029)
65 Miles O.D. with a faulty crank. fml.

23.3 and 1,000 feet of gain - with a "cranky fault" - me!

rsbob 08-21-21 08:57 PM

Bagged another 1st place on a Strava segment for my age group (65-70). Yesterday got a second place overall in a KOM climb.

mschwett 08-21-21 09:31 PM

38.07mi, 2,500’. 15.5mph. highest weighted power to date for a ride of that length, 224w, felt strong,

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...549b1b1d0.jpeg

Troul 08-22-21 08:42 AM

45 Miles O.D. with the old setup.

OldTryGuy 08-22-21 09:38 AM

An extremely hot and humid 87.78 miles under an almost FULL MOON beginning at 10:08PM last night.

808HIcycler 08-22-21 10:34 AM

Couch 100k (aka sat on my ass for 4 hours) today in the garage while watching it rain since some tropical storm wouldn't let me ride this morning. Maybe tomorrow if the roads are cleaned up.

diphthong 08-22-21 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by mschwett (Post 22194480)
38.07mi, 2,500’. 15.5mph. highest weighted power to date for a ride of that length, 224w, felt strong,

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...549b1b1d0.jpeg

nice ride

The Chemist 08-22-21 05:53 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...832e52d743.jpg

Not a great ride. My seat post clamp has become kind of crappy so my seat kept sliding down over time, and I neglected to charge my headlight batteries (I thought they were charged enough) before the ride so my headlights went out not long after the photo was taken, but hey, at least the view was great.

Daniel4 08-22-21 08:07 PM

52 km. Average speed 15 km/hr.

Went to see the site where the 18 year old cyclist was killed by a dump or cement truck.

There are separated bike lanes on the major roads running east-west and north-south to the south and the major road up north running east west. But no bike lane on the road where the fatality occurred.

jaxgtr 08-22-21 08:59 PM

0, nada, zip, zero....but I did 3 hrs of yard work in massively humid conditions and lost 5 lbs in sweat :injured:. I would have rather been riding my bike. I really need to get a zero turn mower so I can super charge it and get my yard mowed in 10 mins. :D

The Chemist 08-23-21 06:49 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ea43978b1a.jpg

Maelochs 08-23-21 12:54 PM

So …. Today was a perfect day, in that is was lightly overcast with no real sun and no real clouds, so there was neither threat of heat stroke nor of downpour.

I went out for a short ride shortly before midday, intending to end up at the gym for a bit of qigong and some training on the weight machines.

About two miles out I saw some older guy---maybe a little older than myself—on a trek hybrid. The guy was fred squared---flip-flops, plain t-shirt, Bermuda shorts …… definitely not an “Ee-Light” cyclist.

On top of his garb, the guy was riding the wrong way on the far side of the road. He was a complete menace to society. I knew I had to teach him a lesson, just as if he had been wearing full Lance kit with a a yellow helmet on a yellow bike.

I noticed him looking back over his shoulder repeatedly, so I shouted out, “Do you want to cross? Come on over.” He thanked me politely---I am sure he was faking it---and then pulled in front of me—and started to Pull Away!

I had slowed down a little so as to let him see that I was giving him plenty of room to cross at his leisure. He tried to take advantage of that to humiliate me. I could not let that stand. (“I knew he could not escape me unless he had been Racing,” is the reference, I think.)

I started spinning with greater fervor …. And greater still … and still, it took me a couple hundred yards to catch him. The nerve of that guy! I knew it was intentional.

When I caught him, I could have gone right over the top … but I knew I had a responsibility to all “serious” cyclists everywhere---even in imaginary worlds. So I waited until I saw a semi-truck coming the other way,, pulled up inside him, and gave him my best “Don’t try to break into my team’s lead-out train” shoulder shove and head butt.

He was completely unprepared and careened directly into the path of the oncoming semi. I didn’t even bother to look back. I heard the “Snap, crackle, pop” and I knew I had been successful. That was one miscreant rider who wouldn’t be embarrassing the cycling community by being fast in flip-flops on a hybrid ever again.

I finished my ride, knowing that I had earned the top step of the podium in the Tour des Vieux, and made the streets safer for “serious” cyclists who couldn’t keep up with some lame pensioner on a yard-sale bike.

I thanked my mighty guads and enjoyed my workout.

2manybikes 08-23-21 02:23 PM

You dialed it up to 400 watts. Great post !!

rsbob 08-23-21 09:17 PM

A good effort today. 53 miles, 2000’ climbing, 18.3 MPH average speed, 3 fastest and 2 second fastest on segments for decrepit people (65-70) on Strava. And mine is still smaller than yours! ;)

diphthong 08-24-21 12:05 AM

local, uninspired 27-spot.

Troul 08-24-21 04:20 AM

A musty yet not anything busting, 44 Miles O.D.

biker128pedal 08-24-21 06:16 PM

Man I need to remember to take pictures. Yesterday 30 miles in 91 F. Good ride. Today 25.35 miles on Als’ route. Noticed when in the hoods down low with shoulders scrunched up to my ears the aero effect adds a couple mph between a slight downhill the flats or a slight up hill. Course today took 4 minutes less than my best. And I felt slow.

I need to retire because I can and to ride more. Work is my recovery time.

Troul 08-25-21 02:58 AM

No miles O.D. someone decided to smash down the road during a storm & not only take out the power, but cause poco to block off the roadway that allows traffic to flow.

Posting from a generator powered source.

Maelochs 08-25-21 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22199408)
No miles O.D. someone decided to smash down the road during a storm & not only take out the power, but cause poco to block off the roadway that allows traffic to flow.

Posting from a generator powered source.

So you are saying it is a good day to ride your mountain bike?

Troul 08-25-21 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Maelochs (Post 22199550)
So you are saying it is a good day to ride your mountain bike?

you mean boat? The water level is high, the mosquitoes are vicious & any area that was dry, is a swamp. maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Eric F 08-25-21 02:40 PM

25 last night after work. Started off just turning the pedals and not really inspired to go very hard. As the miles went by, my body started feeling better, and gradually built into a solid and steady temp effort. I diverted from my originally intended route and added a 15 min climb, and I dug into a bit of suffering. Finished with a challenging twisty descent and an easy spin home. Good feelings - physically and mentally.

Maelochs 08-25-21 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22200310)
you mean boat? The water level is high, the mosquitoes are vicious & any area that was dry, is a swamp. maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

I have a friend in rural Louisiana, has been going through that for several weeks, plus it is 105 degrees. I guess she isn't riding much either. Makes me appreciate 90 degrees and some overcast. I will dedicate todays short ride to all the brothers and sisters who couldn't ..... well, after I laugh at you.

Wish you were here? :D

Troul 08-25-21 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Maelochs (Post 22200743)
I have a friend in rural Louisiana, has been going through that for several weeks, plus it is 105 degrees. I guess she isn't riding much either. Makes me appreciate 90 degrees and some overcast. I will dedicate todays short ride to all the brothers and sisters who couldn't ..... well, after I laugh at you.

Wish you were here? :D

depends on where "here" is.

BHG6 08-25-21 07:03 PM

Only 33 miles for me. Someone turned on the blast furnace again. It started cooling off at night now but it still hit 107 today….kinda toasty to be on the road in those temps

jaxgtr 08-25-21 07:29 PM

36 miles after a very long day of work. Help me de-stress