Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

datlas 08-06-21 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22173881)
I've never FaceTimed.

Sad.

Velo Vol 08-06-21 02:23 PM

wut

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5dd264573.jpeg

Velo Vol 08-06-21 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22173888)
Sad.

If you're in the BCBS of Tennessee network I'll make a FaceTime appointment.

datlas 08-06-21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22173894)
If you're in the BCBS of Tennessee network I'll make a FaceTime appointment.

Out of Network, Prolly.

I have even done some medical cannabis consults via FaceTime. I did one today but in the office, for one of my partner's patients. I am the only one in my office who is credentialed so I help my partners out.

Velo Vol 08-06-21 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22173902)
I have even done some medical cannabis consults via FaceTime. I did one today but in the office, for one of my partner's patients. I am the only one in my office who is credentialed so I help my partners out.

What is required to become marijuana credentialed?

Velo Vol 08-06-21 02:37 PM

DougRNS

Note the proper orange.

datlas 08-06-21 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22173907)
What is required to become marijuana credentialed?

For the doctor or the patient? It's also state specific, so I can answer for Pennsylvania.

For the patient, you have to have a qualifying diagnosis and have a physician who is credentialed certify you are eligible for medical cannabis. You have to provide consent and get counseled on risis/benefits of cannabis, etc. and then once you are certified you get a card from the state which you take to a dispensary to get the cannabis.

For the physician, you have to take an online course that goes over details on cannabis pharmacology, reviews the current evidence for benefits/risks of cannabis, and how to navigate the state system to certify a patient for medical cannabis.

Velo Vol 08-06-21 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22173917)
For the physician, you have to take an online course that goes over details on cannabis pharmacology, reviews the current evidence for benefits/risks of cannabis, and how to navigate the state system to certify a patient for medical cannabis.

This. Curious how much time was required for it.

I imagine a number of "real" drugs pose just as many potential risks, but you don't have to get "counseled" to take those. SMH.

datlas 08-06-21 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22173931)

I imagine a number of "real" drugs pose just as many potential risks, but you don't have to get "counseled" to take those. SMH.

The actual course was 4 or 5 hours long and reasonably interesting. I think the cost for the course was $500.

In my state, only a physician can do this. The NPs cannot, at least not yet.

Clearly medical cannabis is less dangerous than narcotics and other drugs, but since it's a Schedule 1 drug they are extra cautious about it.

BillyD 08-06-21 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22173931)

The real crime is that arguably the most dangerous drug of all, alcohol, is legal and obtainable literally everywhere to anyone over 18. But heaven help anyone who would suggest cutting off that revenue stream of tax dollars.

In fact, as we speak, the weekend Happy Hour has officially commenced on the east coast and within three hours will sweep across this great nation. :roflmao2:

Cheers!

datlas 08-06-21 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22173960)
The real crime is that arguably the most dangerous drug of all, alcohol, is legal and obtainable literally everywhere to anyone over 18. But heaven help anyone who would suggest cutting off that revenue stream of tax dollars.

In fact, as we speak, the weekend Happy Hour has officially commenced on the east coast and within three hours will sweep across this great nation. :roflmao2:

Cheers!

Agree that lots more lives ruined by alcohol than cannabis. But it’s complicated and prohibition did not work.

ps it’s now 21 not 18.

MoAlpha 08-06-21 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22174026)
Agree that lots more lives ruined by alcohol than cannabis. But it’s complicated and prohibition did not work.

ps it’s now 21 not 18.

Everyone knows Big Pot just suppresses the numbers.

big john 08-06-21 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22174034)
Everyone knows Big Pot just suppresses the numbers.

I have anecdotes.

Mojo31 08-06-21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22173838)
Yeah it pivots. I think when I have crew, once underway I'd undo the shackle from the centerboard attachment point, and stow the line up under the foredeck

As for hardware I think I could get by with a block mounted to frame 1 a little off center to help keep the line out of the way when stepping the mast, maybe a fairlead on frame 2 to really help keep the line clear. Also a cam cleat on frame 2.

in this and prior pic the centerboard is partially deployed, resting on a crossmember of the trailer.

Maybe I'll post to a Flits Facebook group and see if an English speaker can offer tips

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3be6f04da5.jpg

I’d be a bit concerned about pulling the frame members back as they are not designed to have perpendicular lateral loads. Is there anyway to unbolt the piece in the bow and put an eye of some sort there? Then you could run a 2:1 or 4:1 tackle to the centerboard. You could us fiddles with a cam cleat on the one attached to the board.

indyfabz 08-06-21 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22174026)

ps it’s now 21 not 18.

Yep. When I went high school in NW Mass. the drinking age in Vermont was still 18. Our student IDs had our birthdates on them. A couple of times senior year a couple of us went into town and caught Greyhound to Brattleboro, which was pretty close. Brought back bottles for close friends. Took cabs back to the outskirts of campus and then walked up into the woods to hide the stuff. We’d then tell our “customers” where the stuff was stashed. People would pick it up on an honor system. We would charge a markup to cover costs and to get stuff for ourselves.

Velo Vol 08-06-21 06:06 PM

How do they get all these horses to the Olympics?

big john 08-06-21 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22174171)
Yep. When I went high school in NW Mass. the drinking age in Vermont was still 18. Our student IDs had our birthdates on them. A couple of times senior year a couple of us went into town and caught Greyhound to Brattleboro, which was pretty close. Brought back bottles for close friends. Took cabs back to the outskirts of campus and then walked up into the woods to hide the stuff. We’d then tell our “customers” where the stuff was stashed. People would pick it up on an honor system. We would charge a markup to cover costs and to get stuff for ourselves.

So you were a bootlegger?

fwiw, alcohol buying age has been 21 here since I was a ute, at least. Didn't stop us from getting it, though. A lot of stores didn't card me.

LAJ 08-06-21 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22173960)

Cheers!

I agree 100%

Mojo31 08-06-21 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22174077)
I have anecdotes.

Me too. The only risk I’ve ever experienced heard of was getting hungry and giggly.

Mojo31 08-06-21 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22174179)

fwiw, alcohol buying age has been 21 here since I was a ute, at least. Didn't stop us from getting it, though. A lot of stores didn't card me.

My wife grew up in Louisiana. She started hitting the Daiquiri barns at age 14. While driving her car.

LesterOfPuppets 08-06-21 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22174154)
I’d be a bit concerned about pulling the frame members back as they are not designed to have perpendicular lateral loads. Is there anyway to unbolt the piece in the bow and put an eye of some sort there? Then you could run a 2:1 or 4:1 tackle to the centerboard. You could us fiddles with a cam cleat on the one attached to the board.

I finally found a couple of good cockpit pics. I had been searching for flits klasse, but flits zeilboot yields a whole 'nother world of results.

This one has a couple of blocks on frame 2 and one on the centerboard. I think he's got figure 8s on both ends of that blue line so you can slip it into the slots in the centerboard trunk. Then there's a separate hold-down to really keep that centerboard in place while toting the boat about.

Frame 2 is the strongest frame on the boat, so it should be safe to mount stuff there, you might be right about frame 1 though, it's pretty light so would be safer to mount to the stem than frame 1 if I decide to go with the no mech advantage setup.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1ee99b0deb.jpg

LAJ 08-06-21 06:37 PM

You could buy and drink 3.2 beer at age 18 here. It was a whole industry, with discos, bars, and you could actually buy to-go beer from the bars. You could also buy it at convenience stores and supermarkets, as liquor stores were the only places that could sell 6% and hard liquor. The most ridiculous thing of all? Lookout Mountain, which is the hill I haunt for interval work, had a 3.2 bar up there called Sam's On The Hill. What could go wrong there?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6bb20c54fd.jpg

big john 08-06-21 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22174192)
Me too. The only risk I’ve ever experienced heard of was getting hungry and giggly.

I've heard about that, too, but I meant anecdotes about comparing alcohol and cannabis with regard to ruining lives.

indyfabz 08-06-21 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22174179)

Let’s just say that I was an entrepreneur.

I think rarely got carded as a teenager in Philly. Word spread around the ‘hood about the easiest places to get served takeout beer. Wine and hard alcohol were sales were (and still mostly are) through the state, so that was more difficult.

big john 08-06-21 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22174201)
You could buy and drink 3.2 beer at age 18 here. It was a whole industry, with discos, bars, and you could actually buy to-go beer from the bars. You could also buy it at convenience stores and supermarkets, as liquor stores were the only places that could sell 6% and hard liquor. The most ridiculous thing of all? Lookout Mountain, which is the hill I haunt for interval work, had a 3.2 bar up there called Sam's On The Hill. What could go wrong there?

That's crazy. So you have 18 year old kids driving down that hill after drinking? I'm told there were drive up windows in bars in Texas. Probably not anymore.