Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Velo Vol 10-27-21 05:24 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22286212)
elaborate, I'm worried about you 2. A wreck or worse?

He fell down at the light after he unclipped. SMH.

bampilot06 10-27-21 05:26 PM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...77cd3ca54.jpeg


Iíve gotten blood all over my mini van, my new shoes, my hotel room. sigh.

DougRNS 10-27-21 05:27 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22286215)
He fell down at the light after he unclipped. SMH.

prolly intimidated by your massive guads.
We'll have to hear his side of the story.
Was the Brown Squirrel glorious?

Velo Vol 10-27-21 05:30 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22286223)
prolly intimidated by your massive guads.

Theory: Physical/mental exhaustion from riding with Velo Vol was taking its toll on him.

DougRNS 10-27-21 05:30 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22286218)
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...77cd3ca54.jpeg


Iíve gotten blood all over my mini van, my new shoes, my hotel room. sigh.

nice pic...of the Brown Squirrel.

The important question is; is the bike ok?

DougRNS 10-27-21 05:33 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22286229)
Theory: Physical/mental exhaustion from riding with Velo Vol was taking its toll on him.

we better not ride at our next meet up assuming I ever ride again. It would prolly kill me given my medical condition.

bampilot06 10-27-21 05:34 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22286230)
nice pic...of the Brown Squirrel.

The important question is; is the bike ok?


its the cervelo, who cares.


yes itís okay.

bampilot06 10-27-21 05:36 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22286223)
prolly intimidated by your massive guads.
We'll have to hear his side of the story.
Was the Brown Squirrel glorious?


Brown squirel is a shrine for the gods.


True story I thought it was liquor store.

DougRNS 10-27-21 05:40 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22286237)
Brown squirel is a shrine for the gods.


True story I thought it was liquor store.

Sorry to inform you of this but you prolly lost 10 IQ points from being in Knox County that long.

WhyFi 10-27-21 06:04 PM

Aww, man! bam never crashed during our rides together - I feel shortchanged!

Velo Vol 10-27-21 06:05 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22286241)
Sorry to inform you of this but you prolly lost 10 IQ points from being in Knox County that long.

Not possible.

LesterOfPuppets 10-27-21 06:10 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22286265)
Aww, man! bam never crashed during our rides together - I feel shortchanged!

You could've Cinzano'd him at any time.

Velo Vol 10-27-21 06:16 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22286265)
Aww, man! bam never crashed during our rides together - I feel shortchanged!

Knowing that he was a flat lander with unknown (to me) bike handling skills, I was unsure about taking him up on a proper ridge. But I decided YOLO, let's give him a real East TN cycling experience. So, he flew down windy descent, no problem. Then, standing in traffic at the light, he fell down. SMH.

DougRNS 10-27-21 06:32 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22286280)
Knowing that he was a flat lander with unknown (to me) bike handling skills, I was unsure about taking him up on a proper ridge. But I decided YOLO, let's give him a real East TN cycling experience. So, he flew down windy descent, no problem. Then, standing in traffic at the light, he fell down. SMH.

Earthquake?

bampilot06 10-27-21 06:38 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22286306)
Earthquake?


did you feel it too!???

DougRNS 10-27-21 06:41 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22286313)
did you feel it too!???

maybe

LesterOfPuppets 10-27-21 06:42 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22286280)
Knowing that he was a flat lander with unknown (to me) bike handling skills, I was unsure about taking him up on a proper ridge. But I decided YOLO, let's give him a real East TN cycling experience. So, he flew down windy descent, no problem. Then, standing in traffic at the light, he fell down. SMH.


Oooh. Three laps around the Travelers building.

Mojo31 10-27-21 07:21 PM

Sounds like BAM needs to get his karma in order.

Remind me not to take anything that will assplode or crash when I meet up with him in Big D.

bampilot06 10-27-21 07:29 PM

BTW. switching from the madone back to the cervelo made me realize how too small the c2 is. Plus getting adjusted to the steering and weird shimano shifting was pretty intense. For a second I thought I was going to have to go home and switch bikes.

Velo Vol 10-27-21 07:38 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22286320)
Oooh. Three laps around the Travelers building.

Had to hit the office park as part of the full Velo Vol cycling experience tour, obviously. I told him of my legendary Addiction time trial ride back in the day.

Velo Vol 10-27-21 07:50 PM

I'm listening to a podcast on the US/Canadian border.

Fun Fact: If we had followed through with the "Fifty-four Forty or Fight!" slogan that President Polk campaigned on, Vancouver would actually be in the U.S. Imagine that.


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...98fed49c32.png

DougRNS 10-27-21 07:51 PM

Roscoe's 2 cents.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a90e86ab40.jpg

rjones28 10-27-21 07:52 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22286068)
Yes. I haven't tried 38's, but I wouldn't be averse to them.

My Langster has 39s. My other drop-bar bikes have 42s. Well, kind of. They're FSAs which have a small flair, so they're 42 at the bar end and 40 at the hoods.

phrantic09 10-28-21 03:46 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22285917)
Itís not the route, itís doing it the morning after a Moderna shot. I was overly optimistic this a.m. and pretty sick right now.

Donít plan on riding Sunday, @datlas.

Thatís a bummer. Feel better


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22285961)
I always used 42s. Then the R3 came with 38s because it was intended for a woman. I never noticed and now I love them, especially in the drops. I wish I had had them for crowded turns when I was racing. The breathing issue is nonsense.

I donít know how wide my bars are


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22285986)
Not if the family got a good shyster.

Often the "resolution" is to simply take the driver's insurance proceeds and call it a day since the driver likely doesn't have the resources to pay a judgment or larger settlement.

As for criminal liability, the prosecutor would have to show intent or some grossly negligent (drunk, for example) conduct in order to have a case. That can be hard to achieve.

I have a million bucks in UM/SUM coverage on my auto policy so I can collect if some ******* seriously injures me. Most drivers have the basic 50K BI minimums here in NY


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22286265)
Aww, man! bam never crashed during our rides together - I feel shortchanged!

Iím always curious how bam crashes so much

ls01 10-28-21 05:01 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22286399)

better than it could have been.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.