Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Mojo31 03-17-22 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22442521)
Too bad VV ain't around to tell me the proper word here :)

He’d be referring to them as “West Coasters.”

seedsbelize2 03-17-22 08:25 PM

3km on foot, today, and yesterday.

LesterOfPuppets 03-17-22 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22442535)
He’d be referring to them as “West Coasters.”

:roflmao2:

LesterOfPuppets 03-17-22 09:08 PM

March Madness highlight!

ls01 03-18-22 04:08 AM

And she avoided a nose blead!

datlas 03-18-22 04:49 AM

Good morning Velo Vol !

Trsnrtr 03-18-22 05:09 AM

Early morning brainwork.

Wordle 272 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 03-18-22 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22442745)
Early morning brainwork.

Wordle 272 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I blew a great opportunity.

Wordle 272 4/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 03-18-22 05:49 AM

double LPLO (stuck on LP-2) :foo:

Trsnrtr 03-18-22 05:51 AM

I was looking at my 2021 diary and I had written 3/17/21 that I had completed 1,000 outdoor miles. Yesterday, I had accumulated 526 outdoor miles for 2022. I knew that we had a bad winter with respect to riding outside, but I didn't realize that it was that bad.

indyfabz 03-18-22 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22442770)
double LPLO (stuck on LP-2) :foo:

Yesterday I couldn’t view the penultimate page in the morning no matter what I tried.

datlas 03-18-22 06:11 AM

I don't post my Wordle score graphic, but I think I am average with typically a 4. I got it in two yesterday ( :bday: ) but that was a fluke, as even a blind squirrel sometimes finds an acorn, and a broken clock is correct twice a day. Today was typical, a 4.

datlas 03-18-22 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22442784)
Yesterday I couldn’t view the penultimate page in the morning no matter what I tried.

I don't get it. I was able to get to last page with my phone at home, but at work on my laptop I was locked out.

#gremlins

WhyFi 03-18-22 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22442784)

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22442791)
I don't get it. I was able to get to last page with my phone at home, but at work on my laptop I was locked out.

#gremlins

LPLOs most often affect the desktop page renderings, it's pretty rare to be locked out on mobile. So far, I have never been locked out of a specific page on both. As such, swapping between the Mobile and Desktop, within your browser settings, will unlock locked pages. Once you access the locked page, it will remain unlocked and you can swap back to the other setting.

datlas 03-18-22 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22442818)
LPLOs most often affect the desktop page renderings, it's pretty rare to be locked out on mobile. So far, I have never been locked out of a specific page on both. As such, swapping between the Mobile and Desktop, within your browser settings, will unlock locked pages. Once you access the locked page, it will remain unlocked and you can swap back to the other setting.

I never quite figured out the LPLO. Until recently, it never was a problem for me on any device, but in the past year, it seems to be happening occasionally on my laptop. I think it's happened on my phone once. Possibly.

indyfabz 03-18-22 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22442818)

Can't I just shut down and restart my computer? :)

rjones28 03-18-22 07:14 AM

What's the problem?

LAJ 03-18-22 07:41 AM

It's so dang obvious....

Once it's solved.

Wordle 272 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 03-18-22 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22442874)
It's so dang obvious....

Once it's solved.

Wordle 272 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Kinda like the naked guy in the coffee ad? :innocent:

WhyFi 03-18-22 07:59 AM

Grrrr - damn it, I may have toasted a new batch of Molten Speed Wax. The other day, after a wet ride, I wiped down my chain and plopped it in to the cold crockpot and turned it on. I had to leave the house before it would get up to temp, so I got cute and plugged the crockpot in to a smart plug and set a timer on my phone to remind me to turn it off remotely. That all went fine and dandy.

... two days later, I remembered that that smart plug was programmed to turn on an air filter in my shop for three hours each night, to clear airborne wood dust, so the crockpot, still plugged in, got two three-hour cycles, in which the wax probably went well beyond the recommended 200°:crash:

LAJ 03-18-22 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22442895)
Grrrr - damn it, I may have toasted a new batch of Molten Speed Wax. The other day, after a wet ride, I wiped down my chain and plopped it in to the cold crockpot and turned it on. I had to leave the house before it would get up to temp, so I got cute and plugged the crockpot in to a smart plug and set a timer on my phone to remind me to turn it off remotely. That all went fine and dandy.

... two days later, I remembered that that smart plug was programmed to turn on an air filter in my shop for three hours each night, to clear airborne wood dust, so the crockpot, still plugged in, got two three-hour cycles, in which the wax probably went well beyond the recommended 200°:crash:

Technology is grand til it ain't. I set my watch for an hour. In my case, relying on my memory or anything else, is folly.

WhyFi 03-18-22 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22442901)
Technology is grand til it ain't. I set my watch for an hour. In my case, relying on my memory or anything else, is folly.

If I would have remembered to unplug it or to flip the switch on the crock to 'off' when I got back home, all would have been dandy. But no, I wasn't even thinking about the fact that that outlet had standing orders. Oh well, I'll order a new bag.

indyfabz 03-18-22 08:31 AM

Heh. Now that the REI sale has started I have been looking at new UL tents. Looked at reviews for one model. Here is an excerpt of someone who gave it 1 star out of 5:

"Also the double zipper system sucks, how am I supposed to hold a cigarette and open both zippers at the same time? No but really one zipper won’t make a difference. Do better.:"

LAJ 03-18-22 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22442936)
Heh. Now that the REI sale has started I have been looking at new UL tents. Looked at reviews for one model. Here is an excerpt of someone who gave it 1 star out of 5:

"Also the double zipper system sucks, how am I supposed to hold a cigarette and open both zippers at the same time? No but really one zipper won’t make a difference. Do better.:"

When one lights the tent on fire, one needs to exit quickly!

seedsbelize2 03-18-22 08:34 AM

I don't remember if I announced it here, but I've been toying with giving up coffee again, for the past week. I'm here to say that the most recent Great Tea Experiment has come to a close. I tried Chai, Yerba Mate, and Green. Green held the most prospects. second cup of ground coffee in a week, and I realize what I've been missing. Life.