Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How fer did you ride today?! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1081695)

Notso_fastLane 02-10-21 09:39 AM

Only did ten miles last night. I didn't have a lot of time, and just wanted to stretch my legs a bit. Probably won't get to go again until tomorrow, so today is likely a day off.

Troul 02-11-21 07:24 PM

58.8 miles. all this In-Door riding will have its reward... is what I keep telling myself.

Troul 02-12-21 04:53 AM

52 miles

Troul 02-13-21 11:02 PM

52 miles.

joesch 02-14-21 03:09 PM

3 miles
Winter storm snowing, blowing, and snow covering ice.
15 degrees with windchill approx 0
Almost no cars on road
20 minutes was all hands and feet could handle.
All covered except part of face which took 5 minutes for cold exposure pain to alleviate.
Thinking about another attempt now that Im thawed after few hours.
Nice to have a sturdy trail bike.

Troul 02-14-21 04:22 PM

Another Lovely 52 Miles On The Trainer Again. Differences so far are: duration & effort.

cjenrick 02-14-21 07:23 PM

7 miles to Lowes and back at night, thru the snow, mountain bike, no chains, everybody was driving in the bike lane because the centerline was covered in snow and they over compensated,, so we rode on the sidewalk,

got lectured in the parking lot , "you know that's dangerous in this kind of weather young man, good thing you have that blinking red light!"

i asked him if he wanted to pay for my cab and that got him on his way.

the best part of the trip was the Welsh Corgy nipping at my heels while trying to run through the fresh powder.

wvucyclist 02-14-21 09:58 PM

7 miles. Garmin said it got to -1 degree F. Mountain bike with studded tires on neighborhood roads. Ski clothes helped.

Otpcoolkat 02-15-21 07:51 AM

Not very fer but had a good 6 miles trip through the forest

diphthong 02-15-21 06:34 PM

15-spot that was only motivated by stopping for some to-go tacos from a favorite lunch spot (and eating them at a nearby park).
got to the taco shop only to see the post in the window that they are now closed on mondays-effective starting today.
specifically passed 3 other fave lunch spots because of this specific craving. too distraught to backtrack or adapt, so just
packed it in and defeatedly rode home.

joesch 02-15-21 08:11 PM

Good to see some others braving the winter storm conditions on bikes.
N.TX been like MN lately.
Outdid my effort yesterday, 10 miles in 10 degrees and may have hit a top speed of 10 but probably average more like 7. Out little more than 1 hour which is all my feet with boots and 2 sets of socks including wool could handle.
Need some XC skiis.

Troul 02-15-21 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by joesch (Post 21925881)
Good to see some others braving the winter storm conditions on bikes.
N.TX been like MN lately.
Outdid my effort yesterday, 10 miles in 10 degrees and may have hit a top speed of 10 but probably average more like 7. Out close to 1 hour which is all my feet with boots and 2 sets of socks including wool could handle.
Need some XC skiis.

It's more than bravery, it's brutal. Riding behind a set of walls, knowing that Spring is around the corner, yet there I am, going no where racking up the miles.

Redfish22 02-15-21 08:41 PM

25 today I. California

diphthong 02-15-21 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 21925916)
It's more than bravery, it's brutal. Riding behind a set of walls, knowing that Spring is around the corner, yet there I am, going no where racking up the miles.

i dunno how y'all do it. definitely mentally stronger than me.

joesch 02-16-21 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 21926057)
i dunno how y'all do it. definitely mentally stronger than me.

Its a personal challenge to see how much cold punishment the body can take.
Sorta like the really hot days except the icy snow roads are like maintaining control on loose gravel dirt and knowing that oncoming cars can also loose control. I purchased a roller for the pandemic but like moving outside so its not getting any use.

diphthong 02-16-21 06:25 PM

23-spot. taco achievement/challenge unlocked/completed..

Notso_fastLane 02-16-21 10:24 PM

Planned on ~15 miles, but my chain broke at 3.5.

Guess I know what I'm working on this weekend. :(

joesch 02-17-21 05:37 PM

RE: 2244
Hope it more than made up for no taco Tuesday.
BTW, I love TJ Tacos in Escondido lots of yummy Mex offerings

joesch 02-17-21 05:42 PM

More like a ski report, 10 miles in 1.5 hours at a much warmer than last few days 25 over 2..3 inches fresh powder covering mostly ice. Very slick and only went down two times with my goal after that not to strike out.
Had to be careful getting off seat since the back would easily spin.
No other bikers and not that many cars to deal with so overall a fun outing.
Have not seen any bikers for the last three days of this winter storm, think Im more dumbass than badass :)

Troul 02-17-21 06:01 PM

34 miles trained

diphthong 02-18-21 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by joesch (Post 21928849)
RE: 2244
Hope it more than made up for no taco Tuesday.
BTW, I love TJ Tacos in Escondido lots of yummy Mex offerings

yah...hadda order a little extra.

i'll hafta hit that tj tacos in escondido for variety. always locked into the fatburger on the nw corner of w. valley pkwy & n. escondido blvd.
it's the only fatburger in sd county.

Troul 02-18-21 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 21929304)
yah...hadda order a little extra.

i'll hafta hit that tj tacos in escondido for variety. always locked into the fatburger on the nw corner of w. valley pkwy & n. escondido blvd.
it's the only fatburger in sd county.

These tacos sound like a real fiesta in the mouth, I'll have to make it a point to go there if I am in the area down the road. I have found, maybe, two places in my state that I'd write home about. Can't remember the names, but I can landmark my way to them. Usually order a couple extra as it seems I lose a few on the way back somewhere.... :foo:

Goin to be thinkin about them tacos all day. Can just feel them already sticking to the love handles. Will be pushin harder on the:winter: today.