Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

Mojo31 07-21-22 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22582986)
I did of course spend weeks hand-wringing but eventually decided I like the 10-year-old Sony in front of the trainer (bought when I moved to Austin) and hope to get a decade out of this as well. Will be keeping the box for the still-hoped-for move to CO. And it's cheaper than a nice road bike these days.

When we redecorated our family room, we got rid of a large entertainment center that housed our 65” Sony OLED. When we hung it over the new credenza, my wife immediately said we need to go bigger, hence the 77” that’s now on the wall. The 65 now sits in front of the trainer.

Bah Humbug 07-21-22 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22583014)
When we hung ... my wife immediately said we need to go bigger

:innocent:

In all seriousness, funny she said that, given that a decade ago there was all this talk about a TV "too big for the room" when most couldn't afford over 55" or 65". Now that bigger is more affordable, suddenly the sky's the limit.

Another aspect here is that for various reasons, I've always been stuck not quite going BIG for a TV - reasons of money (always buying after a move) or whatnot. Rather like I had talked last year about not wanting to get a road bike with only a little more tire room than before, having gone from 23 > 25 > 28 as the max, I wanted the next one (RIP) to be spaced for 34 at a minimum. And here, I don't want to go from 55" to the next increment - let's do it right since I'll have it for years and don't want it to be looking old and small in 2025.

datlas 07-22-22 03:40 AM

Wordle 3/6 four days in a row. Dumb luck, possibly.

Bah Humbug 07-22-22 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22583300)
Wordle 3/6 four days in a row. Dumb luck, possibly.

Wordle 398 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wipe out enough of the right letters early and it's pretty easy.

indyfabz 07-22-22 05:03 AM

So much promise wasted so badly.

Wordle 398 5/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

seedsbelize2 07-22-22 05:16 AM

Wordle. 4/6

I can share the colorful grid to an email,, but not here. What mechanism for that?

Trsnrtr 07-22-22 05:49 AM

Wordle 398 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LesterOfPuppets 07-22-22 07:03 AM

Tre day.

Wordle 398 3/6

🟩⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WhyFi 07-22-22 07:09 AM

I never thought that I'd say this, but I'm so happy to have my very own telephone pole! :love:

We had AC added to our forced air, 4-6 weeks ago. That seems to have exacerbated some low voltage/instability issues within the house. The lights have always had a bit of flicker to 'em, but on recent hot days, with high grid demand, the AC kicking on has been causing blips big enough to make the Tesla PowerWall think that we'd had an outage and to make the computers reboot a few times per day - not especially convenient for my WFH wife.

Yesterday. after having electricians doublecheck the wiring of the AC (and that of the house, in general), we got the electric company to come out to see if everything was cool. It wasn't. The transformer feeding our house was overloaded, and this was on a low-demand day. They decided to drill a hole, in the alley next to our garage, and put in a new pole and transformer, just to feed our house and that of a few neighbors down the block. The did wake us up, in the middle of the night, with the noise of all of their work, but I couldn't help but be impressed with the responsiveness, given the scope of work - it was less than 16 hours from inspection to new pole/transformer :beer:

t2p 07-22-22 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22582125)
Bernie is up there pushing BigVax.

he has not faced big gravel yet

t2p 07-22-22 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22582705)
I've got a few amps and guitars, too. Along with a big pile of other music stuff I haven't touched in a long time. This pic is from a while ago. There are more bikes now, and the bike space has annexed a bit more of the music space.
https://i.imgur.com/udYboCk.jpg

sweet set up - current set up prob sweet also

ls01 07-22-22 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22582139)
I haven't done it, but I've seen it done. I have been known to have a shot of pickle juice once at home.

yeah thats not as bad as straight mustard. I've done pickle juice before, it's not terrible.

Bah Humbug 07-22-22 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22583345)
Wordle. 4/6

I can share the colorful grid to an email,, but not here. What mechanism for that?

There should be a "Share" button on the lower right when you finish, which copies it to the clipboard and can be pasted anywhere. If it's closed so you see the normal board, you can click on the podium-looking icon in the upper right to bring it back, then click "Share".

Bah Humbug 07-22-22 07:40 AM

And because of WorLdle, TIL that there's a border dispute between Belize and Guatemala.

seedsbelize2 07-22-22 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22583457)
yeah thats not as bad as straight mustard. I've done pickle juice before, it's not terrible.

I love pickle juice
Too bad it isn't good with ice cream.

seedsbelize2 07-22-22 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22583466)
And because of WorLdle, TIL that there's a border dispute between Belize and Guatemala.

That border dispute is as old as Belize. England promised Guatemala access to a port; then reneged..

ls01 07-22-22 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22582577)
Well or trying to do my ride in air that was pre-swamped for my convenience.

think of all the sweat you saved.

Bah Humbug 07-22-22 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22583502)
That border dispute is as old as Belize. England promised Guatemala access to a port; then reneged.

So I now know! I might suggest you fix the spelling on your post though... I know how you got there but it also looks a different way.

big john 07-22-22 08:26 AM

Wordle 398 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 07-22-22 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22583496)
I love pickle juice
Too bad it isn't good with ice cream.

Is if you are pregnant.

Mojo31 07-22-22 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22583427)
I never thought that I'd say this, but I'm so happy to have my very own telephone pole! :love:

We had AC added to our forced air, 4-6 weeks ago. That seems to have exacerbated some low voltage/instability issues within the house. The lights have always had a bit of flicker to 'em, but on recent hot days, with high grid demand, the AC kicking on has been causing blips big enough to make the Tesla PowerWall think that we'd had an outage and to make the computers reboot a few times per day - not especially convenient for my WFH wife.

Yesterday. after having electricians doublecheck the wiring of the AC (and that of the house, in general), we got the electric company to come out to see if everything was cool. It wasn't. The transformer feeding our house was overloaded, and this was on a low-demand day. They decided to drill a hole, in the alley next to our garage, and put in a new pole and transformer, just to feed our house and that of a few neighbors down the block. The did wake us up, in the middle of the night, with the noise of all of their work, but I couldn't help but be impressed with the responsiveness, given the scope of work - it was less than 16 hours from inspection to new pole/transformer :beer:

Color me intrigued and tell me about your Tesla Wall! Roof panels?

I looked into the Tesla Roof a while back, and couldn't make the $100k price work no matter how funny the money numbers were.

Also, need an update on your kitchen project. With pics of your work.

Finally, congrats on the AC! Now you'll need to add a new child rearing statement to your arsenal - "Close the door!"

Bah Humbug 07-22-22 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22583014)
When we redecorated our family room, we got rid of a large entertainment center that housed our 65” Sony OLED. When we hung it over the new credenza, my wife immediately said we need to go bigger, hence the 77” that’s now on the wall. The 65 now sits in front of the trainer.

Didn’t you have a pic initially?

Anyway, I was going to say this wasn’t going to be on a wall mount as we may move soon-ish… but I realized at 100lbs and $4000, I didn’t want just me and AG to wrestle it onto the feet and stick it on my decade-old tempered glass media stand that’s too small for it. And new ones cost more than wall mounting. Will likely just do it up right.

mschwett 07-22-22 09:21 AM

Wordle 398 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...165d6f7e5.jpeg

genejockey 07-22-22 09:38 AM

Another embarrassment of riches day.
Wordle 398 6/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

genejockey 07-22-22 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22583551)
Color me intrigued and tell me about your Tesla Wall! Roof panels?

I looked into the Tesla Roof a while back, and couldn't make the $100k price work no matter how funny the money numbers were.

Also, need an update on your kitchen project. With pics of your work.

Finally, congrats on the AC! Now you'll need to add a new child rearing statement to your arsenal - "Close the door!"

Well, he live in Minnesota. I'm reasonably certain they say that a lot there, along with "You think I want to pay to heat Minneapolis?"