Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Trsnrtr 12-15-21 05:40 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22341238)
I'm next to Broomfield

I feel for you, especially after seeing the news tonight.

BillyD 12-15-21 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22341319)
Thatís why I always carry donuts when I tour in Florida.

:roflmao2:

BillyD 12-15-21 05:53 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22341323)
Maps are educational.

Diversity is a trademark of a well educated person.

Velo Vol 12-15-21 06:09 PM

Is anyone a guru on health insurance? I'm comparing two BCBS plans for next year. The default one one I'm set to roll over to, and another one that's $80/month less.

I'm glancing over the summary of benefits, and the two look the same. What might I be missing?


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...475e721c8c.png

BillyD 12-15-21 06:18 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22341406)
Is anyone a guru on health insurance? I'm comparing two BCBS plans for next year. The default one one I'm set to roll over to, and another one that's $80/month less.

I'm glancing over the summary of benefits, and the two look the same. What might I be missing?


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...475e721c8c.png

They need to map those choices out for you. :innocent:

big john 12-15-21 06:25 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22341248)

Now big john can make fun of me.

Too tired right now.

Mojo31 12-15-21 06:26 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22341275)
Photo posted by a member of the Facebook touring group I joined. He was detained for 45 min. in Florida after he stopped to eat a sandwich under a tree.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...71af020e0.jpeg

Had to have been acting surly.

Mojo31 12-15-21 06:27 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22341406)
Is anyone a guru on health insurance? I'm comparing two BCBS plans for next year. The default one one I'm set to roll over to, and another one that's $80/month less.

I'm glancing over the summary of benefits, and the two look the same. What might I be missing?


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...475e721c8c.png

Yes. No matter your choice you're f'ed.

BillyD 12-15-21 06:36 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22341275)
Photo posted by a member of the Facebook touring group I joined. He was detained for 45 min. in Florida after he stopped to eat a sandwich under a tree.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...71af020e0.jpeg

Probably was a bologna with mustard and ketchup sandwich, thatís a justifiable stop. Heís lucky they didnít beat him.

Velo Vol 12-15-21 06:42 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22341417)
Yes. No matter your choice you're f'ed.

Obviously, but you'd think someone with above-average skills should be able to find the difference between two plans at the insurance website.

Maybe the cheaper one is for a different part of the state?

Mojo31 12-15-21 06:56 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22341436)
Obviously, but you'd think someone with above-average skills should be able to find the difference between two plans at the insurance website.

Maybe the cheaper one is for a different part of the state?

Not likely. Could be a difference in in network/out of network benefits. HMO/PPO,or some other subtle difference.

I'm exceptionally above average, and they still make my head spin.

seedsbelize2 12-15-21 06:58 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22340460)
But do you have masses of blinded drivers passing you? That's the devil of it.

No. I don't ride main roads in that situation

seedsbelize2 12-15-21 07:10 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22340739)
Down to 159. 4 pounds to go for my goal.


Raised my EFTP to 235 according to intervals this morning. I still think itís higher but iíll take 235.

Our most recent touring cyclist (no camping for him; hotel or Warm Showers host) was covering 200-300km/day. He put on his bibs over his shorts as he left here. I asked, of course, and he said he had gotten so thin that he had no natural ass padding left. He should be home by now, fattening up.
Are you so thin?

DougRNS 12-15-21 07:10 PM

Not sure what has gotten into me, but I've been listening to a lot of Bon Scott era AC-DC lately. It's the only era I like. I'd post an appropriate video but Grumpy McStumpy would object.

seedsbelize2 12-15-21 07:17 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22341173)
Now you tell me! :notamused:

Everybody knows that one!

seedsbelize2 12-15-21 07:19 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22341177)
Much of the lawnage here is brown. :foo:


Velo Vol 12-15-21 07:24 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22341446)
Not likely. Could be a difference in in network/out of network benefits. HMO/PPO,or some other subtle difference.

I'm exceptionally above average, and they still make my head spin.

After further review I'm pretty sure it's the network itself (S vs. L). Guess I have to pay up if I want the option of seeing a few more greedy doctors. :(

bampilot06 12-15-21 07:25 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22341165)
For some reason, I cannot respond to your PM, but the answer is yes - twice.


its okay, I figured you did too.

seedsbelize2 12-15-21 07:26 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22341248)
Well, I went for it. the 1995 Litespeed Ultimate should be on its way presently. It's currently kitted with Campy, 1995-era Chorus with a Racing T triple. One reason it probably didn't sell is that the seller made clear the NDS crank is cracked. That's not an issue because I don't want the 170mm Racing T crank anyhow, and I have a 175 version in much better shape, even including a BSA BB. It needs a new stem, bars, saddle, and maybe seatpost, but I have all that, too. The wheels are mismatched, but I think I have something close enough to the rear - a 32h Chorus hub laced to Mavic Reflex rim.

My plan is to get it set up with the triple and the 8speed Chorus (and the ugly Gen. 1 Ergopower levers) and ride it a while, while I figure out how I want to build it. I have 1/3 of a 7410 Dura Ace groupset, and I could go that way, but that limits me to 8 speeds and 26t max in the rear. I could also do it more modern, but then the 7410 stuff lies fallow.

Ah, well. Time will tell. Maybe I'll hate the thing and want to flip it?

Now big john can make fun of me.

Or you could build it like I build a bike. Mix and match.

bampilot06 12-15-21 07:27 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22341460)
Our most recent touring cyclist (no camping for him; hotel or Warm Showers host) was covering 200-300km/day. He put on his bibs over his shorts as he left here. I asked, of course, and he said he had gotten so thin that he had no natural ass padding left. He should be home by now, fattening up.
Are you so thin?


The males in my family donít have butts, so my lack of butt has nothing to do with my cycling. Even when I weight 266 pounds I looked like a fat frog standing up.

Anyways, I donít even think I look that thin. Goal is 155.

When I was in high school and ran cross country I was maybe a half of an inch shorter and weighed 130.

seedsbelize2 12-15-21 07:32 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22341248)
Well, I went for it. the 1995 Litespeed Ultimate should be on its way presently. It's currently kitted with Campy, 1995-era Chorus with a Racing T triple. One reason it probably didn't sell is that the seller made clear the NDS crank is cracked. That's not an issue because I don't want the 170mm Racing T crank anyhow, and I have a 175 version in much better shape, even including a BSA BB. It needs a new stem, bars, saddle, and maybe seatpost, but I have all that, too. The wheels are mismatched, but I think I have something close enough to the rear - a 32h Chorus hub laced to Mavic Reflex rim.

My plan is to get it set up with the triple and the 8speed Chorus (and the ugly Gen. 1 Ergopower levers) and ride it a while, while I figure out how I want to build it. I have 1/3 of a 7410 Dura Ace groupset, and I could go that way, but that limits me to 8 speeds and 26t max in the rear. I could also do it more modern, but then the 7410 stuff lies fallow.

Ah, well. Time will tell. Maybe I'll hate the thing and want to flip it?

Now big john can make fun of me.

Are you a dentist on the side?

Velo Vol 12-15-21 07:32 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22341461)
Not sure what has gotten into me, but I've been listening to a lot of Bon Scott era AC-DC lately. It's the only era I like. I'd post an appropriate video but Grumpy McStumpy would object.

In light of post #9859, I grant you permission to post one appropriately celebratory video for your nearby four-star football player committing to Los Volunteers.

seedsbelize2 12-15-21 07:35 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22341362)
Several of my spare cassettes are in cassette boxes.

I have only one spare cassette, that I'm aware of. A nine speed. I have a dozen or more spare freewheels. They are stored neatly in a Costco yogurt bucket.

Mojo31 12-15-21 07:52 PM

Car pron for Datlas.


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...093730574.jpeg

datlas 12-15-21 07:54 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22341502)

Sweet! Thatís an SL2. I have the same color but the base model, SL.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.