Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

seedsbelize2 07-27-22 12:18 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22589354)
BTW the rider with the uncontrollable urge knows our very own indyfabz .

#smallworld

Makes sense. Indy only has women friends.

ls01 07-27-22 12:19 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22589364)
Except that coronary calcification seems to be accelerated in athletes for unknown reasons and with no known connection to clinical outcomes.

All my life I'm told to exercise. I retake up cycling and now exercise is bad for me? Oh fiddlesticks!

big john 07-27-22 12:23 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22589216)

When Axis Bold As Love first came out, I loved Little Wing immediately. Most of my friends didn't think much of it at the time.

Later, when Clapton released his version, one of my friends didn't like it because he felt it was disrespectful to Hendrix, or something.

Pretty sure when Stevie Ray first came out he said his life's ambition was to play like Hendrix.

genejockey 07-27-22 12:30 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22589454)
When Axis Bold As Love first came out, I loved Little Wing immediately. Most of my friends didn't think much of it at the time.

Later, when Clapton released his version, one of my friends didn't like it because he felt it was disrespectful to Hendrix, or something.

Pretty sure when Stevie Ray first came out he said his life's ambition was to play like Hendrix.

Yeah. I really like his version of Little Wing. Frankly for me it's a toss up between his and Hendrix's.

Bah Humbug 07-27-22 12:31 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22589415)
Mrs datlas and I are plotting a trip for the fall. Top 2 choices are go to LA to visit Heidi with a one-week side trip to Hawaii (we have never been) vs Europe (likely Spain, which we love and have not been since 2018.

Either way, there should be plenty of cycling involved, I hope.

Hawaii is awesome. I assume Spain is as well but have never been.

genejockey 07-27-22 12:33 PM

Years ago, I worked with a guy who was so bummed by SRV's untimely death that he said he almost wished it had been him instead. I went out and bought a couple SRV CDs, and after listening to him, I told him I agreed that I'd rather it was him than SRV.

genejockey 07-27-22 12:34 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22589464)
Hawaii is awesome. I assume Spain is as well but have never been.

My parents loved Spain for the scenery and the people, but not the food.

big john 07-27-22 12:36 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22589467)
Years ago, I worked with a guy who was so bummed by SRV's untimely death that he said he almost wished it had been him instead. I went out and bought a couple SRV CDs, and after listening to him, I told him I agreed that I'd rather it was him than SRV.

Too cold.

Bah Humbug 07-27-22 12:39 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22589440)
"As such, current physical activity guidelines recommend either 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise or 75 minutes of higher intensity exercise weekly"

150 minutes? Buahahaha.

Garmin has that as a benchmark to try to hit. Yes, it’s usually finished on Monday, when the week starts.

genejockey 07-27-22 12:41 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22589474)
Too cold.

**** 'em if they can't take a joke.

big john 07-27-22 12:46 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22589478)
Garmin has that as a benchmark to try to hit. Yes, it’s usually finished on Monday, when the week starts.

I've been on the bike around 15 hours per week lately. Not sure how much of that is moderate or intense. And some of it is sitting around. This past Saturday I'm sure there were more than 75 minutes of intense.

I could be a case study of what not to do.

big john 07-27-22 12:47 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22589483)
**** 'em if they can't take a joke.

I knew a guy who said "Joke 'em if they can't take a ****"

indyfabz 07-27-22 12:51 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22589425)
Me or the quote?:foo:

Opps. Meant to write "not WhyFi". Your quote of him shows in my notifications as a quote of me, but you quoted him.

indyfabz 07-27-22 12:54 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22589344)
Beast of Burden. Listen now and thank me later.

Just had the CD on the car the other day. Doesn't sound like that at all to me.

Bah Humbug 07-27-22 12:54 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22589490)
I've been on the bike around 15 hours per week lately. Not sure how much of that is moderate or intense. And some of it is sitting around. This past Saturday I'm sure there were more than 75 minutes of intense.

I could be a case study of what not to do.

At least to Garmin, it’s HR - I’ll sometimes get a few minutes of “moderate” at the start of a workout.

MoAlpha 07-27-22 01:11 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22589437)
How does one get bone in a carotids?

That's just a reference to the calcium deposition. There, as in the coronaries, it's a tissue response to some kind of stress, presumably inflammation. Maybe brother @datlas knows more.

MoAlpha 07-27-22 01:15 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22589440)
"As such, current physical activity guidelines recommend either 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise or 75 minutes of higher intensity exercise weekly"

150 minutes? Buahahaha.

Yeah, moderation in all things. **** that for a game of soldiers!

Compulsive exercise is undoubtedly less risky and better for my relationships than what I would be doing otherwise!

big john 07-27-22 01:16 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22589499)
At least to Garmin, it’s HR - I’ll sometimes get a few minutes of “moderate” at the start of a workout.

I go by how much I'm bleeding out of my eyes. That counts as intense.

Bah Humbug 07-27-22 01:26 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22589518)
Yeah, moderation in all things. **** that for a game of soldiers!

Compulsive exercise is undoubtedly less risky and better for my relationships than what I would be doing otherwise!

Way better than would happen to my mental health without.

Trsnrtr 07-27-22 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22589469)
My parents loved Spain for the scenery and the people, but not the food.

I loved the food in Spain but I admit that I was mainly in coastal towns with fresh seafood.

datlas 07-27-22 02:04 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22589464)
Hawaii is awesome. I assume Spain is as well but have never been.

We have never been to Hawaii. Third option is Puerto Rico. Maybe we should just go visit seeds??

datlas 07-27-22 02:16 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22589516)
That's just a reference to the calcium deposition. There, as in the coronaries, it's a tissue response to some kind of stress, presumably inflammation. Maybe brother @datlas knows more.

Calcification makes sense and is not uncommon. Think phleboliths which are commonly found in veins. Ossification (bone formation) would be uncommon.

Mojo31 07-27-22 02:19 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22589565)
We have never been to Hawaii. Third option is Puerto Rico. Maybe we should just go visit seeds??

Skip PR. Instead, opt for St. John, Grand Cayman, Turks & Caicos, or BVI. Or, one of our favorite trips that is affordable and easy to get to - Matachica resort in Belize.

Mojo31 07-27-22 02:24 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22589531)
Way better than would happen to my mental health without.

I was on a flight to hell many years ago in that I was seated next to that one person out of 300 that you never want to be next to on a plane. They guy just went on and on and on about the sad state of the country, frustration with being unable to do anything about it, and wanting to know (at least 100 times) how I could live with the country the way it was.

I just told him that I don't pay attention to much on a national or state level unless it directly affected me, that my primary concern was my business and my family, and that as long as I could take care of them I would be happy and content. In other words, I only cared about what I could control or that would directly impact me.

datlas 07-27-22 02:27 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22589586)
Skip PR. Instead, opt for St. John, Grand Cayman, Turks & Caicos, or BVI. Or, one of our favorite trips that is affordable and easy to get to - Matachica resort in Belize.

Maybe. But PR has mountains for cycling and Español for us to practice. And airfare there is reasonable. No firm plans yet. I would still prefer Andalucía Spain but that’s farther away.

Trsnrtr 07-27-22 02:32 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22589597)
Maybe. But PR has mountains for cycling and Español for us to practice. And airfare there is reasonable. No firm plans yet. I would still prefer Andalucía Spain but that’s farther away.

Mallorca. Paradise.

You can practice your Spanish, German, and English.

Mojo31 07-27-22 02:37 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22589597)
Maybe. But PR has mountains for cycling and Español for us to practice. And airfare there is reasonable. No firm plans yet. I would still prefer Andalucía Spain but that’s farther away.

You'd like St. John better for riding. Mountains, very low traffic, and probably the prettiest place in the US.

PR is a place you go to stay on a resort property. It's pretty congested, and I'm not sure I'd be out and about by myself due to the drug and gang issues.

genejockey 07-27-22 02:41 PM

Meh.
Wordle 403 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

genejockey 07-27-22 02:43 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22589583)
Calcification makes sense and is not uncommon. Think phleboliths which are commonly found in veins. Ossification (bone formation) would be uncommon.

There is a word I had never seen before and suddenly I see it twice within less than an hour. The second time was here. The first was my brother saying he's in the ER with a possible phlebolith, or epididymitis.

datlas 07-27-22 02:52 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22589616)
There is a word I had never seen before and suddenly I see it twice within less than an hour. The second time was here. The first was my brother saying he's in the ER with a possible phlebolith, or epididymitis.

Phleboliths are typically an incidental finding on imaging and usually asymptomatic.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.