Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

Mojo31 07-29-22 12:47 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22591825)
We eat out about once every three months.

We are in restaurants 3 to 4 times a week (sometimes more) between lunch and dinner. We prefer to sit outside, but not when its 105.

seedsbelize2 07-29-22 01:07 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22591522)
Stephen is in the ER. Looks to me like another urinary blockage. I really need that lottery money now.

Spot got that years ago and they put him on special food. I tried to wean him off it a couple times, but no dice. This latest bag, bought today, costs $52 for three kilos.

seedsbelize2 07-29-22 01:12 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22591523)
Mrs datlas and I are looking at our late October trip options. We had considered LA/Hawaii but she got "sticker shock" from the airfare and other costs. Now we are considering other closer options that we can do in a day's drive. Her latest idea is Richmond, VA. We are looking for a place that will be warmer than PA, have good cycling options, and good food/cultural attractions.

Comments? Other suggestions?

There is a known climb up the Blue Ridge, outside of Lynchburg. The Storming of Thunder Ridge does it. It gets rave reviews. I have never done it, not being a climber. Highest point on the ridge, iirc.
A member called SpaghettiLegs used to live there and could give you the lowdown. He's even in your field. You could talk shop.

Mojo31 07-29-22 01:14 PM

Good day today. Started with a nice ride with the missus. Saw a bobcat with four kittens.

Jumped in the pool for about an hour after.

Went to Jake’s Burgers for lunch.

Now it’s TdF Femmes and a nap time.

Life is good.

seedsbelize2 07-29-22 01:14 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22591531)
Longest post-crash run ever at over 4 miles, second run in a row, at almost an 8:30 pace, with hills at elevation. So that's something at least.

At least.:thumb:

seedsbelize2 07-29-22 01:22 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22591865)
We do take out. Mrs. GeneJockey and I have largely avoided eating out for over 2 years now. And we don't do large social gatherings, because we're both introverts. I always mask to shop.

It's always possible we got IT at some point and had no more than subclinical symptoms. I kinda wish they had a widely available, cheap antibody test for that, but given that neither the vaccines nor prior infection prevent infection, there's no crying public health need for one.

Timely post. I'm due for my second booster. Should I go out of my way to get it? I had IT, back in January.

seedsbelize2 07-29-22 01:28 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22591970)
Good day today. Started with a nice ride with the missus. Saw a bobcat with four kittens.

Jumped in the pool for about an hour after.

Went to Jakes Burgers for lunch.

Now its TdF Femmes and a nap time.

Life is good.

Casual Friday

indyfabz 07-29-22 01:37 PM

No blockage right now, but three stones in his bladder and a likely UTI.

I have a feeling I am going to have a MI when I see the bill.

datlas 07-29-22 01:40 PM

lplo wut

datlas 07-29-22 01:40 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22591969)
There is a known climb up the Blue Ridge, outside of Lynchburg. The Storming of Thunder Ridge does it. It gets rave reviews. I have never done it, not being a climber. Highest point on the ridge, iirc.
A member called SpaghettiLegs used to live there and could give you the lowdown. He's even in your field. You could talk shop.

Will investigate. :thumb:

Mojo31 07-29-22 01:41 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22591988)
Casual Friday

Ive been taking Fridays off lately. Kind of think I deserve that after 38 years (with a lot of six and seven day work weeks in there) and being Im about to see 65 roll up.

Mojo31 07-29-22 01:42 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22591999)
No blockage right now, but three stones in his bladder and a likely UTI.

I have a feeling I am going to have a MI when I see the bill.

Bummer for the both of you.

genejockey 07-29-22 01:44 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22591982)
Timely post. I'm due for my second booster. Should I go out of my way to get it? I had IT, back in January.

You know, that's a good question. I'd say it can't hurt. BUT there are supposed to be new boosters out this fall that are based on later isolates that may be more protective. I don't know whether getting reboosted now will mean they'd delay boosting with The New Hotness come Fall.

indyfabz 07-29-22 01:46 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22592010)
Bummer for the both of you.

At least they are sending me home with two pain meds to make him comfortable. They had to sedate him to do a full exam because he was combative. Totally not how he normally is. Even sedated he was growling when they snaked the catheter through his plumbing.

Bah Humbug 07-29-22 01:52 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22592016)
At least they are sending me home with two pain meds to make him comfortable. They had to sedate him to do a full exam because he was combative. Totally not how he normally is. Even sedated he was growling when they snaked the catheter through his plumbing.

Poor boy. It's hard to be yourself when you're in that kind of pain though.

Mojo31 07-29-22 01:53 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22592016)
At least they are sending me home with two pain meds to make him comfortable. They had to sedate him to do a full exam because he was combative. Totally not how he normally is. Even sedated he was growling when they snaked the catheter through his plumbing.

I had a catheter snaked thru my plumbing once. It was a claws out moment. My wife thought the nurse that did it was not leaving the room alive. The nurse is probably still talking about her near life experience.

N E V E R want to do that again.

Bah Humbug 07-29-22 01:53 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22592014)
You know, that's a good question. I'd say it can't hurt. BUT there are supposed to be new boosters out this fall that are based on later isolates that may be more protective. I don't know whether getting reboosted now will mean they'd delay boosting with The New Hotness come Fall.

I am hoping we'll all be eligible for a second booster when those are available.

LesterOfPuppets 07-29-22 01:55 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22592026)
I had a catheter snaked thru my plumbing once. It was a claws out moment. My wife thought the nurse that did it was not leaving the room alive. The nurse is probably still talking about her near life experience.

N E V E R want to do that again.

I'd probably need to be more sedated than Indy's cat for that kinda nonsense.

Mojo31 07-29-22 02:13 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22592030)
I'd probably need to be more sedated than Indy's cat for that kinda nonsense.

Twas a moment in life Ill never forget, and never want to repeat.

DougRNS 07-29-22 02:17 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22592016)
At least they are sending me home with two pain meds to make him comfortable. They had to sedate him to do a full exam because he was combative. Totally not how he normally is. Even sedated he was growling when they snaked the catheter through his plumbing.

Damn, I feel for you. I've spent over $2,000 on Roscoe this year.

genejockey 07-29-22 02:31 PM

I don't even want to know what we spent on Rango. At least two nights at the vet hospital, x-rays, ultrasounds, bloodwork... But he's been good as gold since, and remarkably bouncy for a Greyhound getting on for 13 years old.

Bah Humbug 07-29-22 02:47 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22592068)
I don't even want to know what we spent on Rango. At least two nights at the vet hospital, x-rays, ultrasounds, bloodwork... But he's been good as gold since, and remarkably bouncy for a Greyhound getting on for 13 years old.

Yep. Y'all may remember my poor boy having issues, but after the surgery (which followed several weeks of them trying non-surgical fixes) and a few grand, he had another four years of good happy life before starting towards his natural end, but I wouldn't trade those years for anything. He was there to carry me through to AG.

MoAlpha 07-29-22 02:48 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22592016)
At least they are sending me home with two pain meds to make him comfortable. They had to sedate him to do a full exam because he was combative. Totally not how he normally is. Even sedated he was growling when they snaked the catheter through his plumbing.

Ohhhh, man. Not nice. Hope hes okay, Indy.

indyfabz 07-29-22 04:17 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22592088)
Ohhhh, man. Not nice. Hope hes okay, Indy.

Thanks. Hes home. I had to run out for food. Gave him some pain meds, antibiotic and some alone time. The stones may dissolve on their own.

Only $1,310 including 4 prescriptions. I was expecting around two large.

MoAlpha 07-29-22 04:26 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22592173)
Thanks. Hes home. I had to run out for food. Gave him some pain meds, antibiotic and some alone time. The stones may dissolve on their own.

Only $1,310 including 4 prescriptions. I was expecting around two large.

At least theres some transparency and equity in that pricing.

bampilot06 07-29-22 04:54 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22592026)
I had a catheter snaked thru my plumbing once. It was a claws out moment. My wife thought the nurse that did it was not leaving the room alive. The nurse is probably still talking about her near life experience.

N E V E R want to do that again.


How did it compare to your colonoscopy?

Mojo31 07-29-22 04:58 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22592211)
How did it compare to your colonoscopy?

Colonoscopy is nothing. Ive had a couple.

on the other, I literally wanted to kill the lady. My wife said she never saw that look on my face.

BillyD 07-29-22 05:27 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22591807)
So here in NY, its illegal to transport rodents such as chipmunks, squirrels or woodchucks to another location and free them. Id go the must have run off route.

Well then theyll be pushing up daisies.

BillyD 07-29-22 05:38 PM

Colonoscopy is a piece of cake. Worst part is the prep, forcing down a gallon of fluids. Even that is only a 2 on the discomfort scale.

rjones28 07-29-22 05:39 PM

We have foxes, snakes, hawks, and owls to keep the rodents under control, here at the rjones28 wildlife area.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.