Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Velo Vol 09-12-21 03:31 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22226921)
the video or Chin mask?

The idea that there is a huge movement to accommodate cycling.

Mojo31 09-12-21 03:54 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22226950)
The idea that there is a huge movement to accommodate cycling.

You stepping up and sponsoring McLarenís F1 team?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b395c437c.jpeg

Mojo31 09-12-21 03:55 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22226943)
Blue bike faster, as it turns out.


My blue bike is faster as well.

big john 09-12-21 03:56 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22226939)

I've got a 34x32 and I use it regularly.

I don't blame you.

Mojo31 09-12-21 03:58 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22226939)
There's not much longer than 6-8 miles and 2000' close by.

Lots of ~2 miles and 800'-1000' though with 10-15% kicks.

I've got a 34x32 and I use it regularly.

Thought I was killing it with a 26í/mile ride this morning. 😎

phrantic09 09-12-21 04:05 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22226974)
Thought I was killing it with a 26í/mile ride this morning. 😎

you were

phrantic09 09-12-21 04:12 PM

SoÖ been busy prepping for this foolish executive retreat in Nashville this week and havenít posted much. Been working another opportunity with a company in PA and really thought the offer would have come through by now, allowing me to bail on this trip, but no luck. Iíve had 10 conversations, but they move pretty slow. With unvaccinated kids I really really donít want to do this, but the optics of me not going are pretty bad, even if I have a foot out the door.

So rather than being home with my kids, Iím sitting in an airport bar at Albany International hoping I get to and from without somehow being exposed or bringing this stuff home-given the general attitude of the other execs and out CEO, Iím a little nervous. Iíll be wearing 2 masks all week.

in other news, I smoked a 10k yesterday w/ a 7:20 pace- which isnít bad for a non-runner. Iíve decided that I want to start incorporating more running into my week, I probably could have done this at a 7 flat with a few more miles per week.

wish me luck and no Covid this week!!

datlas 09-12-21 04:16 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22226992)
SoÖ been busy prepping for this foolish executive retreat in Nashville this week and havenít posted much. Been working another opportunity with a company in PA and really thought the offer would have come through by now, allowing me to bail on this trip, but no luck. Iíve had 10 conversations, but they move pretty slow. With unvaccinated kids I really really donít want to do this, but the optics of me not going are pretty bad, even if I have a foot out the door.

So rather than being home with my kids, Iím sitting in an airport bar at Albany International hoping I get to and from without somehow being exposed or bringing this stuff home-given the general attitude of the other execs and out CEO, Iím a little nervous. Iíll be wearing 2 masks all week.

in other news, I smoked a 10k yesterday w/ a 7:20 pace- which isnít bad for a non-runner. Iíve decided that I want to start incorporating more running into my week, I probably could have done this at a 7 flat with a few more miles per week.

wish me luck and no Covid this week!!

Good luck and keep that N95 mask on the entire flight!

rjones28 09-12-21 04:17 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22226992)
SoÖ been busy prepping for this foolish executive retreat in Nashville this week and havenít posted much. Been working another opportunity with a company in PA and really thought the offer would have come through by now, allowing me to bail on this trip, but no luck. Iíve had 10 conversations, but they move pretty slow. With unvaccinated kids I really really donít want to do this, but the optics of me not going are pretty bad, even if I have a foot out the door.

So rather than being home with my kids, Iím sitting in an airport bar at Albany International hoping I get to and from without somehow being exposed or bringing this stuff home-given the general attitude of the other execs and out CEO, Iím a little nervous. Iíll be wearing 2 masks all week.

in other news, I smoked a 10k yesterday w/ a 7:20 pace- which isnít bad for a non-runner. Iíve decided that I want to start incorporating more running into my week, I probably could have done this at a 7 flat with a few more miles per week.

wish me luck and no Covid this week!!

Good luck. Safe travels.

datlas 09-12-21 04:18 PM

Too bad the leaderboard is not based on elevation. I could be on top most weeks.

phrantic09 09-12-21 04:19 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22226997)
Too bad the leaderboard is not based on elevation. I could be on top most weeks.

Youíre tops to me

Mojo31 09-12-21 04:38 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22226992)
SoÖ been busy prepping for this foolish executive retreat in Nashville this week and havenít posted much. Been working another opportunity with a company in PA and really thought the offer would have come through by now, allowing me to bail on this trip, but no luck. Iíve had 10 conversations, but they move pretty slow. With unvaccinated kids I really really donít want to do this, but the optics of me not going are pretty bad, even if I have a foot out the door.

So rather than being home with my kids, Iím sitting in an airport bar at Albany International hoping I get to and from without somehow being exposed or bringing this stuff home-given the general attitude of the other execs and out CEO, Iím a little nervous. Iíll be wearing 2 masks all week.

in other news, I smoked a 10k yesterday w/ a 7:20 pace- which isnít bad for a non-runner. Iíve decided that I want to start incorporating more running into my week, I probably could have done this at a 7 flat with a few more miles per week.

wish me luck and no Covid this week!!

Starting out right drinking some disinfectant.

phrantic09 09-12-21 04:40 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22227008)
Starting out right drinking some disinfectant.

Sleepy juice for the plane!

abshipp 09-12-21 04:49 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22226974)
Thought I was killing it with a 26í/mile ride this morning. 😎

Just because I had to climb doesn't necessarily mean I was putting out a bunch of watts ;)

​​​​​Ditto to the comment from phrantic09 :thumb:

datlas 09-12-21 05:07 PM

A Strava person I don’t know very well but do follow posted pics of himself and his two kids riding on a MUP. None were wearing helmets. I was trying to find a diplomatic way to encourage helmet use but every line I could think of surely would make me sound like a French Shower, so I chose to let it go.

Kinda like the neighbors growing skeeters in their yard. No easy way to get the message across and have everyone feel ok about it.

BillyD 09-12-21 05:15 PM

This Cleveland v KC game is serious.

Mojo31 09-12-21 05:20 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22227034)
A Strava person I don’t know very well but do follow posted pics of himself and his two kids riding on a MUP. None were wearing helmets. I was trying to find a diplomatic way to encourage helmet use but every line I could think of surely would make me sound like a French Shower, so I chose to let it go.

Kinda like the neighbors growing skeeters in their yard. No easy way to get the message across and have everyone feel ok about it.

How about, “Hey dumbs#@t, get some lids on those kids!”

datlas 09-12-21 05:39 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22227047)
How about, ďHey dumbs#@t, get some lids on those kids!Ē

That was on the short list.

DougRNS 09-12-21 05:41 PM


Velo Vol 09-12-21 06:28 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22226968)
You stepping up and sponsoring McLarenís F1 team?

I don't even know who that is.

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22226995)
Good luck and keep that N95 mask on the entire flight!

I don't have an N95 mask and I'm doing just fine.

Velo Vol 09-12-21 06:29 PM

New feature on Strava! It tells you where you are.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...512cb8a784.png

DougRNS 09-12-21 06:36 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22227130)
New feature on Strava! It tells you where you are.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...512cb8a784.png

I prefer anonymity. I know where I am at all times.

DougRNS 09-12-21 06:37 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22227128)
I don't even know who that is.

I don't have an N95 mask and I'm doing just fine.

That's debatable.

indyfabz 09-12-21 06:38 PM

Sailing is a lot more work than I had imagined. But it was fun. I even got to steer. 39í boat originally from Canada. Only about 28 miles to get to Burlington because I took the direst way that avoided a section along Champlain due tp a 15-20 mph headwind. Lots of ups and downs. Day off tomorrow. Going to ride as much of the Island Line Causeway as possible. If the shuttle is operating to take you across the gap caused by the missing swing bridge Iím hoping to have clam strips for lunch.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9840e955a.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3bd5c50dc.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9d4b852b7.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5e6da4dd2.jpeg

LesterOfPuppets 09-12-21 06:45 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22227130)
New feature on Strava! It tells you where you are.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...512cb8a784.png

Knox County? Not in the city limits, must be out in the boondocks


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.