Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

bampilot06 08-14-21 08:17 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22184082)
We're not talking about wrapping handlebars.


correct. We talking about actually riding the bike.

rjones28 08-14-21 08:19 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22184082)
We're not talking about wrapping handlebars.

I have seen no evidence that Velo Vol has ever completed that task.

Velo Vol 08-14-21 08:25 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22184095)
I have seen no evidence that Velo Vol has ever completed that task.

https://www.strava.com/activities/5403957697

rjones28 08-14-21 09:38 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22184101)

So, you say. POIDH.

DougRNS 08-14-21 10:25 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22184095)
I have seen no evidence that Velo Vol has ever completed that task.

still in progress. Prolly.

Velo Vol 08-14-21 10:54 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22184157)
So, you say. POIDH.

The Strava post counts as evidence of handlebar completion.

See Federal Rules of Evidence, Rule 803. Exceptions to the Rule Against Hearsay


(1) Present Sense Impression. A statement describing or explaining an event or condition, made while or immediately after the declarant perceived it.

(2) Excited Utterance. A statement relating to a startling event or condition, made while the declarant was under the stress of excitement that it caused.
. . .

(6) Records of a Regularly Conducted Activity. A record of an act, event, condition, opinion, or diagnosis if:

(A) the record was made at or near the time by — or from information transmitted by — someone with knowledge;

(B) the record was kept in the course of a regularly conducted activity of a business, organization, occupation, or calling, whether or not for profit;

(C) making the record was a regular practice of that activity;

datlas 08-14-21 10:59 AM

Survived my first bike ride in LA. Details later.

WhyFi 08-14-21 11:02 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22184054)
I've only seen WhyFi (neighbourhood riding) and LAJ (pothole riding) post videos here.

Easy there, Fredly.

Velo Vol 08-14-21 11:04 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22184234)
Survived my first bike ride in LA. Details later.

Your account will be more accurate if you make it immediately after riding. See sub-rule 1 above.

rjones28 08-14-21 11:18 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22184224)
The Strava post counts as evidence of handlebar completion.

See Federal Rules of Evidence, Rule 803. Exceptions to the Rule Against Hearsay

Motion denied.

genejockey 08-14-21 11:53 AM

What about the rule against heresy?

genejockey 08-14-21 11:54 AM

So, I made a joke earlier this week about my pedals from PBK being 'stuck in Lodi again', but now it's been 4 days, and they're STILL in friggin' Lodi! Can't say I'm impressed with the private sector alternatives to the USPS.

Velo Vol 08-14-21 11:55 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22184238)
Easy there, Fredly.

One time you showed a proper road, but otherwise your riding appears to be this:


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...801bf9bbfd.jpg

indyfabz 08-14-21 11:59 AM

Come on, cold front!

WhyFi 08-14-21 12:10 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22184300)
One time you showed a proper road, but otherwise your riding appears to be this:


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...801bf9bbfd.jpg

Pssshaw - that looks nothing like my riding. First, those look to be London Plane trees - if there are any in MN, they're exceptionally uncommon. Second, that street is way too narrow to accommodate the winter snow.

Mojo31 08-14-21 12:11 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22184224)
The Strava post counts as evidence of handlebar completion.

See Federal Rules of Evidence, Rule 803. Exceptions to the Rule Against Hearsay

None of those help you. You need to attend some CLE.

Mojo31 08-14-21 12:17 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22184224)
The Strava post counts as evidence of handlebar completion.

See Federal Rules of Evidence, Rule 803. Exceptions to the Rule Against Hearsay

Rule 403 is the most applicable rule:

The court may exclude relevant evidence if its probative value is substantially outweighed by a danger of one or more of the following: unfair prejudice, confusing the issues, misleading the jury, undue delay, wasting time, or needlessly presenting cumulative evidence.

Velo Vol 08-14-21 12:20 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22184319)
None of those help you. You need to attend some CLE.

If I stayed up all night wrapping the bars and then shouted out, "Finally, I'm done!" I think that would be a pretty excited utterance.

Mojo31 08-14-21 12:27 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22184327)
If I stayed up all night wrapping the bars and then shouted out, "Finally, I'm done!" I think that would be a pretty excited utterance.

No.

sshakari 08-14-21 12:43 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22184065)
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b54a188b5.jpeg


Made a wrong turn and ended up in France.

Nice ride! Do they sell white bar tape in France?

Velo Vol 08-14-21 12:45 PM

My posts are the official record of what happened.

WhyFi 08-14-21 12:53 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22184360)
My posts are the official record of what happened.

I do not recognize your athoritay.

Trsnrtr 08-14-21 01:05 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22184053)
‘Beats a blank’ is what I always say.

Got home from a 50 miler today with no coffee/caffeine consumed. I rushed into the house and my wife asked where I was going in such a hurry. Espresso machine! I slugged a double and now relaxing with a second double. :thumb:

bampilot06 08-14-21 01:22 PM


Originally Posted by sshakari (Post 22184356)
Nice ride! Do they sell white bar tape in France?


I didn’t stop, and the only locals I saw were driving really large trucks like they were proud of something

rjones28 08-14-21 01:37 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22184316)
Pssshaw - that looks nothing like my riding. First, those look to be London Plane trees - if there are any in MN, they're exceptionally uncommon. Second, that street is way too narrow to accommodate the winter snow.

So, another case of Velo Vol just grabbing random pics from Google Images?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.