Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Interesting finds around the web (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=929230)

taras0000 04-16-15 11:27 PM

TS and 500 like her last run I'm thinking?

Soil_Sampler 04-17-15 05:51 PM

Rotor

Rotor Componentes

carleton 04-17-15 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by taras0000 (Post 17727300)
TS and 500 like her last run I'm thinking?

Team Sprint for sure. She's taller and wider than the other ladies, so I'm sure she provides great shelter as "Man 1".

Maybe 500 for World Cup and World Championships, but there isn't a 500 in the Olympics.

Keirin maybe? I mean, she's probably got killer bike handling skills from BMX and Jamie Staff won a World Championship in the Keirin when he was relatively new to the track (less than 3 years as a trackie).

I guess we'll have to see what events she rides in World Cups as a clue.

Originally Posted by Soil_Sampler (Post 17729691)

No mention of track stuff there. Did they drop the track cranks from their line?

Soil_Sampler 04-18-15 03:57 PM

Rotor

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 17729811)
No mention of track stuff there.
Did they drop the track cranks from their line?

Different website.
Just a matter of time before they offer it on their track crankset.

Rotor Bike Components

taras0000 04-18-15 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Soil_Sampler (Post 17731380)
Different website.
Just a matter of time before they offer it on their track crankset.

Rotor Bike Components

Are you talking about their InPower BB spindle meter? I wonder if it can handle/compute the negative tourque that a fixed drivetrain exhibits.

Dalai 04-18-15 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by taras0000 (Post 17731471)
Are you talking about their InPower BB spindle meter? I wonder if it can handle/compute the negative tourque that a fixed drivetrain exhibits.

Again like the Stages only measuring left leg power...

carleton 04-18-15 08:41 PM

Looks like more marketing than substance to me.

taras0000 04-19-15 12:43 AM

All-New Rotor INpower hides power meter tech inside crank spindle

Interesting thing going on with this crankset. I wonder if the inclinometer will be thrown off by the banking of a drome. Pretty decent sampling rate at 200Hz.

Speaking of BB PMs, whatever happened to Ergomo?

Dalai 04-19-15 04:01 AM

Ergomo - went bankrupt - came back and are still trading... Mobile Power Measurement in Watts - ergomo- THE POWER METER!

carleton 04-19-15 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dalai (Post 17732149)
Ergomo - went bankrupt - came back and are still trading... Mobile Power Measurement in Watts - ergomo- THE POWER METER!

Yeah, that's right. Ergomo did do the BB deflection power meter. I'm not sure why they didn't take off. My buddy here in ATL had one for his track bike. It wasn't very stable. He said that he sent it back a few times.

I personally think that power meters should get closer to the feet (i.e. measure using crank arms, pedal spindles, or force plates/cleats on pedals) than further away.

taras0000 04-19-15 10:13 AM

I agree. Either put them at the source of the input (more accurate input measurement, fewer variable along the way), or put them at the the rear wheel so you know how much Wattage is being put to pavement after it's gone through the drivetrain.

It doesn't really matter where you put it in the end, as long as that's where you will consistently have your PM.

Hida Yanra 04-20-15 03:08 PM

fwiw - a close friend of mine is a pro-mech for a team that used Rotor PMs last year - he said that even with the extra support they got as a premium-sponsored-team, their PMs were a living nightmare.
Wouldn't calibrate, wouldn't hold calibration, weren't stable...

he's still with that team, so I'm afraid I can't get into other details that would incriminate him... but I'd recommend on giving them a pass unless their units start getting vastly better engineering.

Velocirapture 04-21-15 02:26 PM

Mazda concept bike.

Very pretty, but for some reason the handlebars are just a bit dissonant (for me)

Mazda unveils this stunning concept track bike - Cycling Weekly

carleton 04-21-15 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Velocirapture (Post 17739101)
Mazda concept bike.

Very pretty, but for some reason the handlebars are just a bit dissonant (for me)

Mazda unveils this stunning concept track bike - Cycling Weekly

http://www.motorsportchannel.com/wp-...19l_resize.jpg

Interesting, but those "concept" bikes and "industrial design school senior project" bikes are always designed by people who have never ridden a bike :D

Whether this Mazda bike will ever make it to production and competition is yet to be seen, but if it does it will certainly be one of the best looking machines on the track.

The “Bike by KODO concept” is composed of the least possible parts, according to Mazda, with the frame being hammered out of one piece of metal.
There are so many reasons why this wouldn't work.

Muddlfuc 04-21-15 06:55 PM

it mostly looks ridable except for that front end... would be worse than over cooked canned spaghetti

gtrob 04-21-15 07:47 PM

"least possible parts"

in other words...the same amount of parts as every other bike on the track? :P

And that front end looks like its about to fold under its own weight, let alone a rider into a turn.

Soil_Sampler 04-22-15 05:54 PM

Ridea

First time I have seen these.
https://scontent-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...05440898_o.jpg

Muddlfuc 04-22-15 06:22 PM

is it made from vibranium adamantium alloy?

you need matching Captain america speed suit to ride that

taras0000 04-23-15 06:19 PM

[MENTION=34156]carleton[/MENTION], this company (Ridea) makes a double bolted seat post collar. Top half clamps around the seat post, the bottom half around the seat tube. A little more elegant than the hacked double Thompson set up. ;)

carleton 04-23-15 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by taras0000 (Post 17745653)
[MENTION=34156]carleton[/MENTION], this company (Ridea) makes a double bolted seat post collar. Top half clamps around the seat post, the bottom half around the seat tube. A little more elegant than the hacked double Thompson set up. ;)

"hacked"!!! Whatever! My setup is a stroke of genius :D

I'm looking around Google and I can't seem to find the particular clamp to which you are referring. Do you have a pic or link?

taras0000 04-23-15 09:51 PM

"Hacked" is a compliment in my book. It takes a genius to hack something into an improved version of itself. But this is the link - RIDEA Headquarter Oval chainrings Crankset CNC lever are Upgrade Component for bikes and motorcycles
Scroll about halfway down.

carleton 04-23-15 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by taras0000 (Post 17746220)
"Hacked" is a compliment in my book. It takes a genius to hack something into an improved version of itself. But this is the link - RIDEA Headquarter Oval chainrings Crankset CNC lever are Upgrade Component for bikes and motorcycles
Scroll about halfway down.

Thanks! :D

This one?

http://www.rideabikes.com/image_acce...SCDD_ES_01.png

There's no info explaining what it does and it's not evident from the image. But, I do see text describing the tubing and seatpost diameters.

I'll look into this. This is an interesting way to address this. I wasn't aware of such.

taras0000 04-23-15 10:05 PM

I stumbled upon in when checking out the Ridea site after [MENTION=51161]Soil_Sampler[/MENTION] posted the Capt. America Crank.

Soil_Sampler 04-24-15 04:56 AM

hacked

custom machined, is the correct nomenclature.

Soil_Sampler 04-24-15 06:05 PM

double clamp

Quite a few seatpost double clamps.

http://www.carboncycles.cc/images/pr...m_CC-C0638.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=seat...EAQsAQ#imgrc=_