Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

datlas 04-07-20 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21405147)
And in other news, I just spoke with my mother. She’s been feeling sick for the past five days, but didn’t tell me. Not sick enough to get a test, only a slight fever and low energy. Just enough to leave me worrying. :twitchy:

I suggest she treat herself AS IF she has the virus and self-quarantine until 7 days from symptom onset and 3 days of no fevers. Them's the guidelines. I hope she is feeling better ASAP.

Bah Humbug 04-07-20 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21405155)
I suggest she treat herself AS IF she has the virus and self-quarantine until 7 days from symptom onset and 3 days of no fevers. Them's the guidelines. I hope she is feeling better ASAP.

Oh yes, she's already done that - her dog is even with his alternate family who takes him when she travels. She is, fortunately, not one of these dumb people. However, that doesn't really allay my worries, of course. And she's almost exactly a thousand miles away.

BillyD 04-07-20 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21405089)
I’ve got a similar group where the people are convinced that riding somehow dilutes the virus as it blows by.

People will make up scenarios to justify their desires. Pathetic, and truly sad.

Velo Vol 04-07-20 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21404986)
Spoiled, entitled, selfish, ignorant people.

Thanks!

bampilot06 04-07-20 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21405140)
I suspect that the fork comes with a steerer long enough for the largest size’s head tube, and they’ll cut it down to the max size for the actual frame in question.

So this would be a normal thing to do then. It was listed in the description for excel, but not at CC. Trying to decide between the two.

Abshipp really close to buying the Cervelo C2, whyfii has been answering all of my annoying questions.

Bah Humbug 04-07-20 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21405230)
So this would be a normal thing to do then. It was listed in the description for excel, but not at CC. Trying to decide between the two.

Abshipp really close to buying the Cervelo C2, whyfii has been answering all of my annoying questions.

It’s a safe thing to do; I can’t say if it’s normal or not.

May I ask why the C2? That one seems very fish-nor-fowl, with clearance for 32mm tires but relaxed geometry. These days it seems better to go with an Aspero and big clearance, or just an R for on-road exclusively. OTOH, my coach has a C5 and loves it.

bampilot06 04-07-20 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21405251)
It’s a safe thing to do; I can’t say if it’s normal or not.

May I ask why the C2? That one seems very fish-nor-fowl, with clearance for 32mm tires but relaxed geometry. These days it seems better to go with an Aspero and big clearance, or just an R for on-road exclusively. OTOH, my coach has a C5 and loves it.

Price point and components are the main reason. I have looked at a lot and a lot of bikes these past couple of weeks and this one matches what I am looking for at the price I can spend.

Bah Humbug 04-07-20 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21405285)
Price point and components are the main reason. I have looked at a lot and a lot of bikes these past couple of weeks and this one matches what I am looking for at the price I can spend.

That's the best reason! You might even be benefitting from people like me wondering what's up with it. :)

bampilot06 04-07-20 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21405322)
That's the best reason! You might even be benefitting from people like me wondering what's up with it. :)

I will def keep everybody here posted once I pull the trigger and order it.

WhyFi 04-07-20 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21405322)

For under $2k for a carbon frame and 11-speed hydro group, it's a great deal. We looked over the geo of some bikes that's he ridden that were similar, and based on that, it seems to be a good fit at this point.

R3 and Aspero are both more aggressive (gravel bike are traditionally endurance geo, but the Aspero is more new-fangled gravel) and start at more than $1k more.

MoAlpha 04-07-20 11:10 AM

Successful shop if I didn't get infected. Got fake meat, TP, and paper towel. Saw this in the parking lot:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bbd75c095.jpeg

big john 04-07-20 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21404869)
Heading to Costco this morning for “senior hour” shopping. Wish me luck. Yesterday I tried to go but the line outside was 75’ long so I passed.

I went to Vons market this morning for "senior hour" and there was hardly anyone in the store. Last week I tried to go there and there was a line out the door.
Almost none of the employees were wearing masks even though our mayor and governor have said they want everyone to wear them in public. I felt weird wearing a covering on my face and my glasses kept getting fogged up.

Bah Humbug 04-07-20 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21405381)
Successful shop if I didn't get infected. Got fake meat, TP, and paper towel. Saw this in the parking lot:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bbd75c095.jpeg

In my neighborhood I run past a house that has a CTS-V coupe with a "Please be patient - student driver" sticker.

WhyFi 04-07-20 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21405386)
In my neighborhood I run past a house that has a CTS-V coupe with a "Please be patient - student driver" sticker.

A nice, modestly powered starter car.

MoAlpha 04-07-20 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21405386)

Ooo-kay.

In Ireland every new driver has to wear a huge "N" decal on their car for two years.

WhyFi 04-07-20 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21405383)
I went to Vons market this morning for "senior hour" and there was hardly anyone in the store. Last week I tried to go there and there was a line out the door.
Almost none of the employees were wearing masks even though our mayor and governor have said they want everyone to wear them in public. I felt weird wearing a covering on my face and my glasses kept getting fogged up.

I might start wearing a bandana, but only in combination with a hat and glasses - might as well rock the bandolero look while I can when it's less likely to get me shot by LE.

WhyFi 04-07-20 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21405381)

What kind of fake meat? Anything fun? I haven't done a burger night at home in more than a year (not really eating beef any more), but maybe I'll pick up some Beyond patties in the near future.

big john 04-07-20 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21405389)
A nice, modestly powered starter car.

Only 640 horsepower. I've driven the Corvettes with a similar engine/supercharger and I always ask myself why anyone would want to drive that thing around. It just begs for trouble.

abshipp 04-07-20 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21405367)
R3 and Aspero are both more aggressive (gravel bike are traditionally endurance geo, but the Aspero is more new-fangled gravel) and start at more than $1k more.

Were you able to find geometry on Cervelo's website? I can only seem to find it from third parties, and I'm always a little suspicious of that...

ericy 04-07-20 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21405392)
I might start wearing a bandana, but only in combination with a hat and glasses - might as well rock the bandolero look while I can when it's less likely to get me shot by LE.

Don't go into a bank dressed like that :eek:

WhyFi 04-07-20 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21405405)
Were you able to find geometry on Cervelo's website? I can only seem to find it from third parties, and I'm always a little suspicious of that...

I'm pretty sure that I found the R3 geo on Cervelo's site when I was shopping it in Dec...

rjones28 04-07-20 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21405147)
And in other news, I just spoke with my mother. She’s been feeling sick for the past five days, but didn’t tell me. Not sick enough to get a test, only a slight fever and low energy. Just enough to leave me worrying. :twitchy:

Of course she didn't tell you. Parents...

Hope it's nothing serious and she gets better soon.

big john 04-07-20 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21405401)
What kind of fake meat? Anything fun? I haven't done a burger night at home in more than a year (not really eating beef any more), but maybe I'll pick up some Beyond patties in the near future.

I had an "Impossible Whopper" from Burger King. Tasted a lot like a regular Whopper. I'd do it again.

WhyFi 04-07-20 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by ericy (Post 21405406)
Don't go into a bank dressed like that :eek:

Like they're open! :roflmao2:

;)

MoAlpha 04-07-20 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21405401)

Beyond Beef. Not real fun. I am going to put it in a sort of lecso with onions, peppers, tomatoes, and a ton of paprika.