Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

WhyFi 05-04-20 09:03 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21454397)
One of the least intelligent marketing ploys I remember seeing.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...kent-state-swe

Oof. Not only was that dumb, but think about the number of people that had to go alone with it for it to reach the site. Yikes.

Velo Vol 05-04-20 09:26 AM

For National Bird Day I'm trying to figure out if these smaller black birds are crows or something else (common grackle)?

Birds whose heads, when in the sunlight, have a non-black hue. Green or blueish.

LAJ 05-04-20 09:27 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21454423)
Oof. Not only was that dumb, but think about the number of people that had to go alone with it for it to reach the site. Yikes.

I agree. I cannot believe how many people in charge can be so totally clueless.

TassR700 05-04-20 09:42 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21454480)
For National Bird Day I'm trying to figure out if these smaller black birds are crows or something else (common grackle)?

Birds whose heads, when in the sunlight, have a non-black hue. Green or blueish.


Grackle would be my bet.

Velo Vol 05-04-20 09:45 AM


Originally Posted by TassR700 (Post 21454517)
Grackle would be my bet.

Are crows 100% black? Even the young ones?

datlas 05-04-20 10:21 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21454526)
Are crows 100% black? Even the young ones?

Google albino crow. It's a thing.

noodle soup 05-04-20 10:30 AM

I'm seriously considering purchasing one of these

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...44cdbd2c_o.jpg

datlas 05-04-20 10:45 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21454612)
I'm seriously considering purchasing one of these

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...44cdbd2c_o.jpg

Disc brakes? Check. Tubeless? Check. 1X? Check.

I see the FUTURE!

Velo Vol 05-04-20 10:45 AM

UPDATE: I just conducted a careful study. Although, at first glance, the birds look black, and although they walk around on the lawn like the crows do, upon closer inspection, at the right angle, you can see that there's a subtle blue hue on their heads, and a dark brown one to their wings.

Sneaky. #Birding

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/...rview/67364561

noodle soup 05-04-20 11:02 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21454649)
Disc brakes? Check. Tubeless? Check. 1X? Check.

I see the FUTURE!

It also includes a second wheelset( https://www.ethirteen.com/products/lg1r-enduro-wheels )

abshipp 05-04-20 11:11 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21454612)
I'm seriously considering purchasing one of these

Hot. Do eet.

Interesting to see an "XC" bike with a slacker headtube angle than my hardtail trail bike :lol:

Although mine is 6 years old, ancient history in MTB geometry terms.

noodle soup 05-04-20 11:23 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21454714)
Hot. Do eet.

Interesting to see an "XC" bike with a slacker headtube angle than my hardtail trail bike :lol:

Although mine is 6 years old, ancient history in MTB geometry terms.

As soon as I return to work. I just can't spend almost $4k on another bike, while I'm collecting unemployment.

datlas 05-04-20 11:27 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21454740)
As soon as I return to work. I just can't spend almost $4k on another bike, while I'm collecting unemployment.

But....but....you got a stimulus check, right? It's your civic duty to help kick-start the economy and we know it's all about consumer spending. Right?

indyfabz 05-04-20 11:30 AM


Originally Posted by TassR700 (Post 21454517)
Grackle would be my bet.

I agree.

noodle soup 05-04-20 11:45 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21454751)
But....but....you got a stimulus check, right? It's your civic duty to help kick-start the economy and we know it's all about consumer spending. Right?

$1200 isn't gonna cover it, but it will cover the cost of additional gear needed

bampilot06 05-04-20 11:47 AM

The wheel on my luggage just exploded, thank god itís only a two day.
I need another stimulus check to recover the replacement......

datlas 05-04-20 11:50 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21454799)
The wheel on my luggage just exploded, thank god it’s only a two day.
I need another stimulus check to recover the replacement......

Was it tubeless? Did it asplode?? Must have been crabon fiber.

abshipp 05-04-20 11:52 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21454794)
additional gear needed

Do you not currently have a MTB?

bampilot06 05-04-20 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21454810)
Was it tubeless? Did it asplode?? Must have been crabon fiber.


the bearings passed me while I was walking, now Iím basically dragging my bags through the airport.

LAJ 05-04-20 11:56 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21454818)
the bearings passed me while I was walking, now Iím basically dragging my bags through the airport.

At least you don't have to dodge people.

noodle soup 05-04-20 12:02 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21454816)
Do you not currently have a MTB?

I'm going to flats(from SPD), and I'll need shoes and updated gear. All my off-road gear is getting pretty long in the tooth

https://canfieldbikes.com/collection...31422927470667

bampilot06 05-04-20 12:08 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21454824)
At least you don't have to dodge people.


speaking of which, I got cussed out by a pedestrian on this mornings ride. I was approaching her from behind as she walked in the MIDDLE of the road, and I shouted approaching left. She jumped, and quickly ran to her right, at this point I have slowed considerably down and wave at her and continue. I end up turning around, and come to pass her again this time head one and she proceeds to tell me ďI donít know what the F I am doing, and that I almost F in hit her!Ē.

Sheís right that I donít know what I am doing, but I was no where close to hitting her.

datlas 05-04-20 12:10 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21454818)
the bearings passed me while I was walking, now Iím basically dragging my bags through the airport.

Maybe you should have gone for the ceramic bearing upgrade??

Wait, is this luggageforums??

bampilot06 05-04-20 12:13 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21454851)
Maybe you should have gone for the ceramic bearing upgrade??

Wait, is this luggageforums??


I was hoping you knew how to install rotors for the disc brakes I plan on putting on my next luggage. Also do you route the hydraulic lines through the interior or around the handles?

abshipp 05-04-20 12:19 PM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21454838)
I'm going to flats(from SPD), and I'll need shoes and updated gear. All my off-road gear is getting pretty long in the tooth

https://canfieldbikes.com/collection...31422927470667

I am garbage on flat pedals. I mean, I'm not very good even clipped in, but SPDs are a very needed crutch for me.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.