Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

phrantic09 08-22-21 11:33 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22194992)
MN can get humid, but this is next level.

Itís absolutely ridiculous here today, I blame Henri

phrantic09 08-22-21 11:36 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22195080)
Bolded ain't happening, but I'm curious - is that a school zone issue or a traffic safety issue? And what exactly is the East Line speedway? I don't see it on the map.

I'll look at Washington County. One thing to keep in mind is while house space is good, we're very willing to pay to get acreage as well; the big appeal of the second and third houses are that they sit on several acres, with few neighbors even outside of that. Remember, I was the one who wanted a moat, but I'll settle for a thick forest.

Towns of Stillwater and Saratoga on the east side of Saratoga lake are good for acreage and great riding. Washington County is the same and the cycling is the best in NY (imo).

East Line speedway is what I call East Line Rd. Lots of cars driving well over the 45 limit.

Bah Humbug 08-22-21 11:45 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22195109)
Towns of Stillwater and Saratoga on the east side of Saratoga lake are good for acreage and great riding. Washington County is the same and the cycling is the best in NY (imo).

East Line speedway is what I call East Line Rd. Lots of cars driving well over the 45 limit.

Ah... even with that it took me a minute to find it. Thank you! Will keep that in mind and look to stay on the east side of that if we do go there. And if it's ok I'll be PMing you if that becomes more likely s well.

DougRNS 08-22-21 11:49 AM

I have nothing to add on the current subject matter so I'll drop this here for your listening enjoyment. Thank me later.

Velo Vol 08-22-21 11:50 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22195049)
Meaningless without knowing your average speed and, along those lines, Strava or it didn't happen.

Average speed on the straightaway: 3 mph, probably.

Velo Vol 08-22-21 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22195127)
I have nothing to add on the current subject matter so I'll drop this here for your listening enjoyment. Thank me later.

When does KSU football start? March?

indyfabz 08-22-21 11:56 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22194991)
It's a place called Heatonist, I think that it's in Williamsburg, but close to Greenpoint. Little shop, nothing but hot sauce. They provide/sell all of the sauces on Hot Ones. It's a 15 min bike ride from BK Heights.

Found it on a map. Yeah. Just south of Greenpoint. They have a store in the Chelsea Market. Love that place.

Did you get to Brooklyn Bridge Park? Amazing transformation over the years. When I first started riding to BíHeights in the late 90s you could see the area from the Promenade. Pretty much vacant piers and buildings. Now itís a wonderful park

phrantic09 08-22-21 11:58 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22195119)
Ah... even with that it took me a minute to find it. Thank you! Will keep that in mind and look to stay on the east side of that if we do go there. And if it's ok I'll be PMing you if that becomes more likely s well.

yah, totally okay to PM

Mojo31 08-22-21 11:59 AM

My kids did the Telluride Via Ferrata trail this morning. I was banned from joining them. Probably for the better.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a758b89c7e.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9f8692a602.jpg

WhyFi 08-22-21 12:00 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22195129)
Average speed on the straightaway: 3 mph, probably.

Ah. What's the equivalent of a "Fred" in mowing endeavors?

WhyFi 08-22-21 12:09 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22195139)
Found it on a map. Yeah. Just south of Greenpoint. They have a store in the Chelsea Market. Love that place.

Did you get to Brooklyn Bridge Park? Amazing transformation over the years. When I first started riding to BíHeights in the late 90s you could see the area from the Promenade. Pretty much vacant piers and buildings. Now itís a wonderful park

When we lived in NYC, my wife's office was in Chelsea Market - yeah, nice place.

And yeah, the rest of the family was in and around BBP the whole day. That work got underway a year or so before we moved, so it was neat to see what it's become. The Brooklyn skyline, as a whole, was surprising to me, though. The Williamsburg Savings Bank tower used to be the most prominent building, now it's almost just a footnote.

Velo Vol 08-22-21 12:14 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22195145)

No.


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22195148)
Ah. What's the equivalent of a "Fred" in mowing endeavors?

The definition would certainly include mowing your lawn in installments.

Velo Vol 08-22-21 12:16 PM

A band song for train fans. :bday:


WhyFi 08-22-21 12:19 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22195172)
A band song for train fans. :bday:

SMH. "Railfans."

DougRNS 08-22-21 12:33 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22195133)
When does KSU football start? March?

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1bb3efc69d.jpg
Let me know if you are interested in watching some quality football. that season ending game against Monmouth might be for a playoff spot.
#MightyOwls

DougRNS 08-22-21 12:36 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22195172)
A band song for train fans. :bday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mul8Arkm8tw

Will you be in attendance for the First annual Johnny Majors memorial battle this year?

seedsbelize 08-22-21 12:39 PM

Are cargo bibs like cargo shorts?

Bah Humbug 08-22-21 12:42 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22195203)
Are cargo bibs like cargo shorts?

Maybe. All my DeSoto bibs have thigh side pockets, but they don't look a thing like cargo shorts.

seedsbelize 08-22-21 12:57 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22194960)
Yes and it's been going on for quite a while. Beer got silly and strange years ago, starting with the over-hopped IPA and Belgian styles, both of which are a real chore to drink.

I have yet to come across an over-hopped beer.

indyfabz 08-22-21 12:57 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22195162)
The Brooklyn skyline, as a whole, was surprising to me, though. The Williamsburg Savings Bank tower used to be the most prominent building, now it's almost just a footnote.

I think this was taken in 2016. My ex has a friend who, with her husband, moved to a highrise in Downtown. Forget how many stories it is, but we went up to the common deck area. While we were up there a security guard asked us if we wanted to see the $5 million view. IIRC, 5 bedrooms, 5.5 baths. Wonder what it eventually sold for, assuming it did. There was another one being built very close that I think was going to be the tallest building in Brooklyn when finished.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9f2bd1c19.jpeg

seedsbelize 08-22-21 01:01 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22194976)
I know. Try to find a nice, chewy Porter these days. Anchor makes one, but nobody stocks it. Biggest problem in the beer market seems to be balance - there's more to life than IPAs.

Great Lakes makes a fine porter.
Edmund Fitzgerald. You might not be able to get it there.

seedsbelize 08-22-21 01:07 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22195127)
I have nothing to add on the current subject matter so I'll drop this here for your listening enjoyment. Thank me later.
https://youtu.be/RK7OmvCEzFw

What band was he in, long ago?

abshipp 08-22-21 01:09 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22195093)
And while languages are on the brain, "yard" and "garden" have the same root, shared with "earth".

What about "lawn"?

​​​​​
​​​​

WhyFi 08-22-21 01:10 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22195230)
I have yet to come across an over-hopped beer.

It's hard not to trip over them in the US.

Bah Humbug 08-22-21 01:13 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22195256)
What about "lawn"?​​​​​​

More of a French route, related to "land". That came about because the "lawns" on the estates were fields left unplanted to show off that you had enough land that you didn't need to plant it all.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.