Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

datlas 04-25-22 06:13 AM


Originally Posted by guisar (Post 22483331)
The two little prongs on the derailleur, if you haven't gotten it adjusted, should straddle the pokey part of the derailleur hanger. Loosening up and repositioning the pokey part should improve the alignment (and shifting).

Thanks, I was able to figure out that the "cable line" has a bend in it by design at the RD, which is not a big deal but definitely a difference from earlier generations. Works great btw.

Velo Vol 04-25-22 07:03 AM

Good morning to everyone except the a-holes.

seedsbelize2 04-25-22 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=Velo Vol;22483245]Some people really struggle to answer simple questions.[/QUO



Every question does not deserve an answer----Somebody Famous

LAJ 04-25-22 07:56 AM

Holy crap, even after four letters, it took me way too long to get this.

Wordle 310 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 04-25-22 08:12 AM

Got the last campsite available for Saturday at French Creek State Park. Only 45 miles each way, but there are some hills after the bike trail section on the way out. Think I I will try out my new UL tent. And maybe I will see datlas on the way home Sunday.

LesterOfPuppets 04-25-22 08:13 AM

Brutal
Wordle 310 5/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛🟨
🟨⬛🟨🟨🟨
⬛🟨🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

big john 04-25-22 08:56 AM

Wordle 310 4/6

🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

genejockey 04-25-22 09:04 AM

Meh.
Wordle 310 5/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 04-25-22 09:22 AM

Wordle 310 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

BillyD 04-25-22 10:22 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22483255)
There is a guy that lives behind me, but a house down. Iíve never met the guy. His backyard is a mess as he never trims the bushes or weeds his flower beds, and allows his pool to go green (we have iron fences so his backyard is visible to us and the other neighbors. Today he decided to drain his pool by running a hose into my backyard and pumping water thru it so it would run into a storm water drain on my property. It is illegal to put pool water into that drain because of environmental contamination concerns. Itís also illegal here to divert water from one property to another. So, I asked him tonight not to do so. He tried to argue with me, but I insisted that he not drain his pool onto my property.

Am I the a-hole?

No.

BillyD 04-25-22 10:25 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22483265)
Need more info. What's the "proper" way for him to drain the pool.

Keep his water on his own property.

bampilot06 04-25-22 10:39 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22483659)
Good morning to everyone except the a-holes.


Im offended.

bampilot06 04-25-22 10:44 AM

Got to practice the next crit course yesterday. I like it, but the first turn has one of those drainage lips across the whole turn. If everyone is bunched up I can see this being a problem.

I predict this race will be a lot different then the last one. The field is not nearly as big and the course is not open like the speedway was. I imagine some will breakaway in the beginning and the rest will be divided into small pockets. This is my ignorance speaking though, I honestly have no clue what I am talking about.

Goal is the same, not to crash, but I am not going to concern myself with my placing this time. Focus more on making smart moves and play around with sprinting on one of the straightaways.

Itís a bummer but I donít think my kit will be here by then.

LAJ 04-25-22 10:54 AM

Play around with sprinting on the straightaways?

bampilot06 04-25-22 10:58 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22483960)
Play around with sprinting on the straightaways?


my sprint game is none, bottom of the fourth turn leads to finish line, obviously not sprint every lap but I donít know. I guess see how I feel.

LAJ 04-25-22 11:01 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22483967)
my sprint game is none, bottom of the fourth turn leads to finish line, obviously not sprint every lap but I donít know. I guess see how I feel.

I'll be curious to see how that works out for you.

bampilot06 04-25-22 11:02 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22483971)
I'll be curious to see how that works out for you.

you will be the first to know.

ls01 04-25-22 11:11 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22483943)
Im offended.

I'm am A hole so I'm used to it...

ls01 04-25-22 11:12 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22483948)
Got to practice the next crit course yesterday. I like it, but the first turn has one of those drainage lips across the whole turn. If everyone is bunched up I can see this being a problem.

I predict this race will be a lot different then the last one. The field is not nearly as big and the course is not open like the speedway was. I imagine some will breakaway in the beginning and the rest will be divided into small pockets. This is my ignorance speaking though, I honestly have no clue what I am talking about.

Goal is the same, not to crash, but I am not going to concern myself with my placing this time. Focus more on making smart moves and play around with sprinting on one of the straightaways.

Itís a bummer but I donít think my kit will be here by then.

Not a problem, it's an opportunity...

Velo Vol 04-25-22 11:23 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22483948)
This is my ignorance speaking though, I honestly have no clue what I am talking about.

You're not alone.

phrantic09 04-25-22 11:25 AM

I felt weak riding last night and this morning. I hope itís just a little rust needing to shake itself out or else Iím in for a long Saturday. 100k, all on dirt, 30 degrees forecast at start time and 7500 feet of climbing. I imagine a pace of around 12-13mph. Iíll be giving Boswell and King a run for their money Iím sureÖ

Velo Vol 04-25-22 11:28 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22484000)
I felt weak riding last night and this morning. I hope itís just a little rust needing to shake itself out or else Iím in for a long Saturday. 100k, all on dirt, 30 degrees forecast at start time and 7500 feet of climbing. I imagine a pace of around 12-13mph. Iíll be giving Boswell and King a run for their money Iím sureÖ

You're doing weekends wrong.

phrantic09 04-25-22 11:29 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22484003)
You're doing weekends wrong.

respectfully disagree. I would classify this weekend as epic

big john 04-25-22 11:31 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22484008)
respectfully disagree. I would classify this weekend as epic

Sounds epic to me. Love to read about it when you're done.

Mojo31 04-25-22 11:38 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22484015)
Sounds epic to me. Love to read about it when you're done.

Reading about it when he is done will be epic to me! But, I'd rather do the ride than mow the lawns for free.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.