Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

phrantic09 05-04-22 01:25 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22495008)

That’s a weird ass TA

Velo Vol 05-04-22 01:40 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22495132)
Rock Springs weather report from this AM:

Weather report from the real world


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f040deeef8.png

LAJ 05-04-22 01:46 PM

People may think I'm not the smartest arrow in the quiver, but they at least know I'm not Chinese carbon handlebar stupid.

Mojo31 05-04-22 01:50 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22495027)
Who uses a crosswalk?

Not me. There is one intersection that is not very safe and where little ole me and my bike won't trigger the lights to change. Rather than play pinball running a red light, I'll reach over and hit the button to get a green light.




Some people here don't get it. SMH

Bah Humbug 05-04-22 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22495158)

Looks chilly.

bampilot06 05-04-22 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22495138)
That’s a weird ass TA


whats it supposed to look like?

bampilot06 05-04-22 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22495168)
People may think I'm not the smartest arrow in the quiver, but they at least know I'm not Chinese carbon handlebar stupid.


my superteam wheels have been magnificent.

phrantic09 05-04-22 02:02 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22495192)
whats it supposed to look like?

That looks like quick release on one side?

LAJ 05-04-22 02:11 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22495194)
my superteam wheels have been magnificent.

I bet those are hard to roll, being handlebars and all.. Oh Wait. I was talking about handlebars, and you're talking about wheels.

Never mind.

genejockey 05-04-22 02:13 PM

Ebay has notified me that the last two bits for the Litespeed's updating are in the mail. Well, not really The Mail, because the vendor shipped via FedEx, but you know what I mean. I can't decide whether I should start the work on it now, or wait till the crank and BB have arrived. I mean, I COULD get the whole thing done, and rideable with the 7410 crankset, and just have my LBS swap the cranks and BB when they arrive. I might need to do some SLIGHT adjustment to the FD with the new crank.

I confess, though, that I'm stalling, because the first step is taking apart that sweet 7410 build. It's a dilemma - I want the R8000 build so I can do harder climbs, but I really love it with the current build. Except for climbing. And I want to do more climbing.

seedsbelize2 05-04-22 02:21 PM

I like it!

Velo Vol 05-04-22 02:29 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22495190)
Looks chilly.

Sadly it's not summer here.

seedsbelize2 05-04-22 02:29 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22495002)


put the 120 mm stem from the cervelo on the Ritchey. Tried going for a bike ride with my daughter to test ride it out but she is easily distracted.

First impressions might have to raise it up 2/5 mm but the reach feels good. Once I determine where I want it I’ll chop off periscope.

2/5 of a mm. That's damned precise!! Kudos.

bampilot06 05-04-22 02:57 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22495244)
2/5 of a mm. That's damned precise!! Kudos.

I strive for perfection…….

bampilot06 05-04-22 02:58 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22495211)
I bet those are hard to roll, being handlebars and all.. Oh Wait. I was talking about handlebars, and you're talking about wheels.

Never mind.


point made.

Mojo31 05-04-22 03:00 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22495274)
I strive for perfection…….

You mean precision?

ls01 05-04-22 03:34 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22495194)
my superteam wheels have been magnificent.

all 3 of mine are great. However the Carbone Zone is no bueno.

ls01 05-04-22 03:35 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22495211)
I bet those are hard to roll, being handlebars and all.. Oh Wait. I was talking about handlebars, and you're talking about wheels.

Never mind.

I won't do bars or seatposts. I have enough trust issues.

ls01 05-04-22 03:37 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22495214)
Ebay has notified me that the last two bits for the Litespeed's updating are in the mail. Well, not really The Mail, because the vendor shipped via FedEx, but you know what I mean. I can't decide whether I should start the work on it now, or wait till the crank and BB have arrived. I mean, I COULD get the whole thing done, and rideable with the 7410 crankset, and just have my LBS swap the cranks and BB when they arrive. I might need to do some SLIGHT adjustment to the FD with the new crank.

I confess, though, that I'm stalling, because the first step is taking apart that sweet 7410 build. It's a dilemma - I want the R8000 build so I can do harder climbs, but I really love it with the current build. Except for climbing. And I want to do more climbing.

Wait a couple days before you begin disassembly. Then you can the your time.

bampilot06 05-04-22 03:58 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22495309)
all 3 of mine are great. However the Carbone Zone is no bueno.


Carbone zone?

big john 05-04-22 04:27 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22495138)
That’s a weird ass TA

It looks like the rear one on my mtb. You flip the lever out and down and it fits into a cutout in the part below it and you use the lever to loosen/tighten the axle. When tightening, you use the lever like a regular skewer to lock it down. It takes a little practice.

Formula XQR-12F Thru Axle Reviews (bikereviewer.co.uk)

ls01 05-04-22 04:31 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22495327)
Carbone zone?

Different ebay store. Sold me garbage. Wouldn't stand behind it. Stalled me until the return window closed then ghosted me. Princess bike (Super Team) sold me a set of hoops to rebuild the wheels. The front one blew apart from tire pressure on the way to a ride. She replaced it under warranty no troubles.

bampilot06 05-04-22 04:46 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22495368)
Different ebay store. Sold me garbage. Wouldn't stand behind it. Stalled me until the return window closed then ghosted me. Princess bike (Super Team) sold me a set of hoops to rebuild the wheels. The front one blew apart from tire pressure on the way to a ride. She replaced it under warranty no troubles.


that’s cool. I bought mine through amazon, no issues even after running into cars.

What tire pressure were you using that gave you trouble?

bampilot06 05-04-22 04:48 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22495363)
It looks like the rear one on my mtb. You flip the lever out and down and it fits into a cutout in the part below it and you use the lever to loosen/tighten the axle. When tightening, you use the lever like a regular skewer to lock it down. It takes a little practice.

Formula XQR-12F Thru Axle Reviews (bikereviewer.co.uk)


Interesting, I just assumed the lever didn’t actually do anything.

indyfabz 05-04-22 04:48 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22495327)
Carbone zone?

So don’t stay in the zone. Carbon Zone.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.