Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

LesterOfPuppets 08-30-22 06:50 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22629883)
Shopping for tux shoes. Will I be cool wearing these walking down the aisle with my daughter?

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4dbe4099cd.png


Sora level Louis Vuitton. Go well with a high-vis jersey in lieu of pleated shirt.

If the reception party is in a dark room with blacklights, you'll be the coolest guy in town!

MoAlpha 08-30-22 07:11 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22630258)
65%? You're a better man than I. Some stuff, no matter how innocuous, is just too dumb.


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22630280)
Good luck with that.

Yeah, way optimistic.

rjones28 08-30-22 07:18 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22630191)
My prom tux was called Blue Brocade. I don't remember the shirt, or anything else for that matter. 1969

No prom for me.

LesterOfPuppets 08-31-22 01:58 AM

Porsche ass of the day, 3 wheel edition.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...jw&oe=63132126

Bah Humbug 08-31-22 03:45 AM

Funf.

Wordle 438 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

phrantic09 08-31-22 03:51 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22630581)
Funf.

Wordle 438 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same

datlas 08-31-22 03:58 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22630581)
Funf.

Wordle 438 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22630584)
Same

A rare 3/6 for me.

#gotlucky

Trsnrtr 08-31-22 04:55 AM

Wordle 438 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 08-31-22 04:56 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22630589)
A rare 3/6 for me.

#gotlucky

Shouldn't you be out riding?

datlas 08-31-22 04:57 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22630619)
Shouldn't you be out riding?

Making French press for me and mrs datlas. Leaving in a half hour.

Trsnrtr 08-31-22 05:05 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22630620)
Making French press for me and mrs datlas. Leaving in a half hour.

I see that your priorities are in order. :thumb:

BTW, I had to buy a new hot water carafe and it has a French press heat setting. 200 F.

t2p 08-31-22 05:10 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0b31ab7d1.jpeg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c87258228.jpeg

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22630148)
Won’t experience that here until winter.

lookin good today - forecast high 78 and sun

current temp 59 / 65 next to the house

t2p 08-31-22 05:22 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22630620)
Making French press for me and mrs datlas. Leaving in a half hour.

we struggle to get out before 10 - even when bikes / equip are already loaded / in car

(ughhh)

our 'French press' is then Sheetz French roast lol

seedsbelize2 08-31-22 05:34 AM

Wordle 438 6/6
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Guess five was to ensure I got it in six.
Three options and only two guesses.

seedsbelize2 08-31-22 05:44 AM

I just don't like French press coffee anymore. I''m awaiting delivery on a Turkish/Italian stovetop unit, that says it can be used on my induction hotplate. Now that I'm back on robusta.

rjones28 08-31-22 06:02 AM

No time to brew coffee this morning. Fortunately, my favorite coffee shop was open.

Mojo31 08-31-22 06:11 AM


Originally Posted by t2p (Post 22630625)
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0b31ab7d1.jpeg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c87258228.jpeg


lookin good today - forecast high 78 and sun

current temp 59 / 65 next to the house

Rare repreive for us - highs in 80s for the next week. But, high rain chances each day.

Bah Humbug 08-31-22 07:01 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22630618)
Wordle 438 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Well don't do it that way once you have four greens!

Bah Humbug 08-31-22 07:03 AM

Another 5.1 this morning! That's three days in a row with a 5-2-5 pattern, and today was better than Monday. I think wearing out my legs on the trainer ahead of time was preventing me from running well.

bampilot06 08-31-22 07:30 AM

made the call of shame this morning and my wife said suck it up, then hung up on me. Had to really dig deep to make it home. A couple of times I thought about just letting it all end.


Im not sure why, but this mornings ride sucked. It started bad too. Alarm went off at 330 am. I got caffeinated, suited up and went to go and my head light was not on my bike. I had charged all my gear the previous day, everything was present but my head light. I spent one whole hour silently tearing my whole house apart trying to find it. Found it in my unborn sons room. Grabbed it and launched.

heart rate off the gate was high, I was keeping a decent pace but not pushing it. Was def in zone 2 most of the time but my heart rate was in the 160s. Mile 40 I started to feel normal but my massive quads developed a massive cramp. Never have I had cramping like this and it was in both legs. I know I def was dehydrated, but over all it was depressing.

Called the wife at the end of the metric. Todays goal was a century but the big man up stairs must have had other plans.

big john 08-31-22 07:47 AM


Originally Posted by t2p (Post 22630625)
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0b31ab7d1.jpeg


lookin good today - forecast high 78 and sun

current temp 59 / 65 next to the house

What fantasy land is this?

mvnsnd 08-31-22 07:54 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22630263)
anybody hear any feedback about elite wheels?


MoAlpha 08-31-22 08:46 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22630743)
made the call of shame this morning and my wife said suck it up, then hung up on me. Had to really dig deep to make it home. A couple of times I thought about just letting it all end.


Im not sure why, but this mornings ride sucked. It started bad too. Alarm went off at 330 am. I got caffeinated, suited up and went to go and my head light was not on my bike. I had charged all my gear the previous day, everything was present but my head light. I spent one whole hour silently tearing my whole house apart trying to find it. Found it in my unborn sons room. Grabbed it and launched.

heart rate off the gate was high, I was keeping a decent pace but not pushing it. Was def in zone 2 most of the time but my heart rate was in the 160s. Mile 40 I started to feel normal but my massive quads developed a massive cramp. Never have I had cramping like this and it was in both legs. I know I def was dehydrated, but over all it was depressing.

Called the wife at the end of the metric. Todays goal was a century but the big man up stairs must have had other plans.

Sounds like your coach may be working for the enemy.

MoAlpha 08-31-22 09:13 AM

Why is it cycling folk wisdom that old people need to limit their HR to some arbitrary number or they'll drop dead?

Mojo31 08-31-22 09:22 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22630847)
Why is it cycling folk wisdom that old people need to limit their HR to some arbitrary number or they'll drop dead.

Because chests assplode!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.