Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

bampilot06 09-29-21 03:52 PM

Madone Comes for sure on the 11th!!!! getting shipped this week.

Bad news, that amazing bonus still hasn’t hit my bank account.

Ill be home when it arrives but I leave for dallas on the 29th. Not sure if I will have the bonus by then or not.

sbxx1985 09-29-21 03:55 PM

Had a little bit of flooding here. BMC is going to get really dirty on the way home. Sad.

LAJ 09-29-21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by sbxx1985 (Post 22250488)
Had a little bit of flooding here. BMC is going to get really dirty on the way home. Sad.

Sad for sure. It was a gully washer.

Off week for the bike, but weights and lunges were hit hard on Tuesday morning. Acclimation phase, and walking is a chore.

Trsnrtr 09-29-21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22250487)
Madone Comes for sure on the 11th!!!! getting shipped this week.

Bad news, that amazing bonus still hasn’t hit my bank account.

Ill be home when it arrives but I leave for dallas on the 29th. Not sure if I will have the bonus by then or not.

Holy crap! How long did it take?

bampilot06 09-29-21 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22250497)
Holy crap! How long did it take?

Oct 11 was always the predicted date. The problem was this one and only 58 wasn’t color coded so trek didn’t know for sure if it was available. I put money down to hold it but it wasn’t until today that they knew for sure it was indeed mine.

I’ll be home to test ride it, and decide if I want to upgrade the cockpit or not. Still plan on the upgrade so that will take some time. I told him the money situation and he said not to worry about it.

Trsnrtr 09-29-21 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22250506)
Oct 11 was always the predicted date. The problem was this one and only 58 wasn’t color coded so trek didn’t know for sure if it was available. I put money down to hold it but it wasn’t until today that they knew for sure it was indeed mine.

But, when did you place the order? I’d love to order a high-end Madone for my wife but I can’t get an answer from any Trek dealer. One told me May 2023!

DougRNS 09-29-21 04:45 PM

You guys took a swing and missed on my Costco post. MoAlpha got it I believe.

bampilot06 09-29-21 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22250530)
But, when did you place the order? I’d love to order a high-end Madone for my wife but I can’t get an answer from any Trek dealer. One told me May 2023!

ummm Probably mid august. I posted on here when I ordered it. Some where around then.

bampilot06 09-29-21 05:06 PM

I ordered a 58 and a 56. The 56 is scheduled to arrive 11/29.

ls01 09-29-21 05:12 PM

Got a little story. File this under , would only happen to Joe.

Got off work after a long rather depressing day. Thought I'll take the Trek to the beach and back. Got home, dressed, grabbed the bike and split. I stopped a couple times on my way out of the beach to make seat adjustments.. I can't get comfortable on it. So the last time I stop on the way out,I make my adjustment, I'm remounting and trying to pedal when from across the path a large dog decides to attack me. It comes across in front of them from the far side of the path. The Dog, being walked by a young couple waking 2 dogs, is now just behind me. I let out a wtf?! Control your dog! Somehow, someway, his dog attacking me was my fault. All he kept saying was,"what are you going to do about it?" While I am arguing with this idiot a woman rides by and says "yeah ,he did the same thing to me." This woman caused me to nearly crash 8 years ago when she had her dog off it's leash and it walked out into the bike path in front of me. And once again. My fault.
I hardly ever go to this beach because of the people, it's an idiot fest on the best day. But due to the shortening days I let my guard down.
So I chased down a beach cop and literally mean chased. About .5 way around the place before I caught him. Told him what happened. He looked at me like I had 3 heads. I had to ask him.. "you are ok with a guy walking a vicious dog here?" Well...no......
I gave him their description. Told him he could do whatever he wanted to with it. Thanked him for listening and parted company with him.
Karma. Karma, you can kiss my big fat ass. I haven't seen that woman since the incident 8 years ago because I hardly ride there anymore because of her! She rides by after I have another dog incident? I mean wtaf? How does this happen? And why to me? I don't look for this bull... but it's like I'm a magnet for it.

Ok , thanks for listening, rant off.

ls01 09-29-21 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22250172)
The belief that a train can stop like a car has no doubt killed a significant number of stupid people.

Ffa

datlas 09-29-21 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by sbxx1985 (Post 22250485)
In Frisco.

Any riding involved?

bampilot06 09-29-21 05:38 PM

take it back. order was placed first week of september. Basically, my trek store had these bikes already on order for the store, the 58 had no details the 56 had a November date. I put money down on both of them, which locked them so that they wouldn’t end up at another store.

I did not place an order in the traditional sense, these bikes were already on a schedule to come.
I think if I ordered a 56 sl7 with force that date would be late 2023.

As of now my 58 is sram, but the 56 is 8100 di2.

You could try and see if your trek store has any scheduled arrivals in her size and lock it down that way. Back when I placed this order, trek would not allow for transfers between stores. That might have changed in a month so it’s worth checking out.

Hope this helps.

Trsnrtr 09-29-21 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22250579)
ummm Probably mid august. I posted on here when I ordered it. Some where around then.

My wife was looking at top end and at least Ultegra Di2. She’s also small. I remember my LBS telling me one time that outlier sizes tend to be harder to get.

Velo Vol 09-29-21 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22250555)

There wasn't much to get.

Trsnrtr 09-29-21 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22250555)

I must have missed whatever it is.

LesterOfPuppets 09-29-21 06:28 PM

Put me down as not getting it.

big john 09-29-21 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22250655)
I must have missed whatever it is.

It was a reference to gum chewing increasing memory, or something. He went to get gum but forgot.

MoAlpha 09-29-21 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22250482)
I wonder if that would work for spurious thoughts and memories. I seem to have invasive thoughts as I get older that get stuck from time to time.

My, guess, based on not much, is no, that tunes are a whole different thing, but might be worth a try.

DougRNS 09-29-21 06:38 PM

Roscoe had a growth removed near his eye today. He HTFU
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ba43024b6a.jpg
and is recovering like a man.

Note the protective cone of shame.

rjones28 09-29-21 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22250179)
If enough movies show X, reality becomes largely irrelevant. Movie watchers expect to see X.

Velo Vol , social anthropologist.

DougRNS 09-29-21 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22250672)
It was a reference to gum chewing increasing memory, or something. He went to get gum but forgot.

Bingo but I didn't actually go to Costco. it was a joke. If you have to explain a joke then you failed. I accept the blame.

DougRNS 09-29-21 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22250698)

it seems he's suggesting people watch X rated movies.:eek:
#NotJudging

Velo Vol 09-29-21 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22250698)

I bet if you polled people a majority of them would say that a train that slams on the brakes creates sparks, even though hardly anyone has seen it happen in real life.

DougRNS 09-29-21 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22250715)
I bet if you polled people a majority of them would say that a train that slams on the brakes creates sparks, even though hardly anyone has seen it happen in real life.

Why argue with Jones about trains when you can listen to quality music.