Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

seedsbelize 04-11-20 07:04 AM

I am done riding until the plague passes. I read the Merida paper yesterday afternoon and decided it was best. Nurses are being attacked, in public places, for being on the front line with the capacity 'to infect us all'. ¡Sad!
I truly hope it doesn't devolve a lot further. There was another story about a family in a town nearby being isolated and accused of being infected. The husband lost his job over it. Very superstitious.

N00b_Cyclist 04-11-20 07:07 AM

I've been doing a lot of "virtual" riding. It's fun, and it relaxes me...to a degree. And, in true video game fashion, it allows me to unlock and use "neat" things, which always makes me feel good.

MoAlpha 04-11-20 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21412396)
I’m never going to podium if you guys don’t scrap those inside devices.

Rest week for me. Tomorrow may ride my age.

MoAlpha 04-11-20 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by N00b_Cyclist (Post 21412427)
I've been doing a lot of "virtual" riding. It's fun, and it relaxes me...to a degree. And, in true video game fashion, it allows me to unlock and use "neat" things, which always makes me feel good.

Enjoy. I don’t know who U.S. Cavalry is, but that path quote is attributed variably to R. W. Emerson and someone named Muriel Strode.

For example: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/06/19/new-path/

WhyFi 04-11-20 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21412429)
Rest week for me. Tomorrow may ride my age.

:bday:

WhyFi 04-11-20 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21412425)
I am done riding until the plague passes. I read the Merida paper yesterday afternoon and decided it was best. Nurses are being attacked, in public places, for being on the front line with the capacity 'to infect us all'. ¡Sad!
I truly hope it doesn't devolve a lot further. There was another story about a family in a town nearby being isolated and accused of being infected. The husband lost his job over it. Very superstitious.

Horrible. And I thought that the covid demonization facing minorities in the US was bad.

N00b_Cyclist 04-11-20 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21412438)
Enjoy. I don’t know who U.S. Cavalry is, but that path quote is attributed variably to R. W. Emerson and someone named Muriel Strode.

For example: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/06/19/new-path/

Thanks. Yea, the quote (based on my understanding) is really unknown in terms of origin. There are some persons loosely associated with the phrase who used it at various points in history, but nothing concrete regarding its origin that I've found. That said, the US Cavalry (US Army recon specialty) utilizes that quote as a motivational phrase for the act of "reconnoitering" or performing reconnaissance. When we go into an area, we're often the first there, hence, go where there is no path. Then, subsequently, we leave a trail for those that come after us to follow. But again, where it originated, I don't really know.

big john 04-11-20 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21411794)
EVAP is persistent.

Check obvious stuff like gas cap, big leaks. Find the vent control solenoid. It should have battery voltage on the pink wire with key on engine off . It's probably near the front of the tank. Sometimes the wire breaks inside the insulation. If you don't have scan tool with outputs you cold apply power and ground to the vent solenoid and it should click. If that checks out test the purge solenoid. It's on the engine near the throttle body. It should have power on the pink wire too. It should pass vacuum when it has power and ground. If you have data on your scan tool look at the fuel tank pressure sensor first. It should read 0 vacuum key on. If it reads something other than atmospheric pressure with the engine off, it needs to be replaced. The only exception is if you drive a while and stop and open the gas cap and there's a lot of vacuum. This would still see the FTP sensor go to 0 once the vacuum is relieved.
If you drive a lot of dirt roads the canister could be restricted. Let me know if you have any questions about evap stuff.
I didn't see the part about the evap code being consistent last night.

bampilot06 04-11-20 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21412374)
In other news, we have to make final decision for daughter 2 college by the end of the month. My wife and I have accepted that although it’s pricey, we are willing to accept NYU. USC is still possible but distance makes us less comfortable with that option, even though it’s arguably the best school for film and the best school for “student experience.”

Couldn’t she do two years close to home, and then transfer? I think you mentioned before you were worried about her maturity and her being at USC. Two years close to home you could see how serious she takes her classes and make and make a decision from there. I think with most majors, from my experience, the first two semesters is taking most of the required non major related courses anyways.
Just my two cents.

Edit: Happy Belated Birthday!

Trsnrtr 04-11-20 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21412407)
Why would you have something like that laying around?

Oh, so now we're judging?

Trsnrtr 04-11-20 07:43 AM

Bike Content: Single bike out of the van, tandem assault vehicle going in.

Should be 50s with 15 mph wind in an hour or so. I was going to stay in but wife said load the tandem and I don't argue with my wife. Nope. Never.

big john 04-11-20 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pirkaus (Post 21412311)

We had a random (1 to 10 minutes)low rail pressure and fuel pump low voltage codes this week, fuel pump 10 amp fuse with cracked filament. Continuity test of fuse ok, initial start 25.6 VDC, then dropped to@11 VDC, after random amount of time . Replace $.05 fuse, clear code problem gone, 6 hours of diagnostics :mad:, oh what fun.

What do you work on?

big john 04-11-20 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21412425)

People suck.

Velo Vol 04-11-20 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21412374)
My wife and I have accepted that although it’s pricey, we are willing to accept NYU.

No.

They should be banned.

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21412402)
Laying on my back, without my head propped up was the most painful position.

I did have my (thin) pillow. Still, it's quite an unnatural position. I can't sleep that way unless very tired.

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21412405)
the hourly forecast calls for 34° and a 100% chance of snow.... FROM 7AM TO 7PM. :notamused:

wut

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21412422)
Heat, brother, heat, and more heat. Get a microwaveable clay bead pack at the drugstore. You can also look, up supported neck stretches and do them GENTLY. Then, there are other home remedies to try if that don’t help.

Don’t worry about surgery.

Haven't seen them.

Anyway, I never thought this was a surgery problem. My neck has started to creak and make noises, though. Not sure if that's aging or what.

MoAlpha 04-11-20 08:01 AM

Hard to know for sure, but I sense some outdoor mask shaming here.

rjones28 04-11-20 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21412480)
Oh, so now we're judging?

Cheetos are gross.

big john 04-11-20 08:03 AM

I want to ride, too. Nice day, first dry day in a while. Now to decide where/what to ride.

datlas 04-11-20 08:05 AM

Good news for you. I started my group ride on Zwift with my club. About 12 minutes into the planned 1 hour ride, I got not 1, not 2, but THREE patient pages (texts really, but we still call them pages #RIPPager). I could not in good conscience make those patients wait 45+ minutes even though none of the issues were really an emergency. I did 20 minutes and got off to put out the fires.

#FirstWorldProblemsAreStillAnnoying

Velo Vol 04-11-20 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21412514)
Cheetos are gross.

wut

datlas 04-11-20 08:09 AM

Cheetos are gross.

True. My daughters love them, though.

Velo Vol 04-11-20 08:14 AM

Crunchy Cheetos or Puffs?

Discuss.

Pirkaus 04-11-20 08:17 AM

I rarely post fake miles, unless it's something special.

Trsnrtr 04-11-20 08:17 AM

Cheetos are gross.

So is a lot of other stuff I hear about on BF. :)

Trsnrtr 04-11-20 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21412538)
Crunchy Cheetos or Puffs?

Discuss.

Crunchy, for sure. Puffs are gross.

LesterOfPuppets 04-11-20 08:19 AM

I’m never going to podium if you guys don’t scrap those insidious devices.

i think autocorrect changed a word on you. :)