Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Jadesfire 04-11-20 03:58 PM

It is a beautiful day here so I took a very nice ride this morning on the Bianchi that I hardly ever use. And almost immediately remembered why I don't use it more- the handlebars are too narrow, and the reach is too far. Also, I bought the wheels used for the hubs (so I could have a 100% matched group set on something), but the brake tracks are pretty worn and not very effective (I'm pretty sure I replaced the brake pads when I built the thing up, they look in good shape anyway). But otherwise, the ride was great- it's a lighter bike than my usual, I didn't feel beaten up on the road and the hills (such as they are around here) were much, much easier. So I think I'm going to spend some money on a nice wheelset when I change the cockpit around and have a bit of a mutt but a much more comfortable bike.

indyfabz 04-11-20 04:07 PM

Wine>beer. Any day.

big john 04-11-20 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21413170)
Healthy? No. Healthier? Eh, I can go with that.

You don't like battered and fried fish? Something ain't right with you. :mad:

The Japanese restaurant near the old job had wonderful fish katsu. Went there before the big shutdown and had lunch with some ex co-workers. Katsu, spicy tuna roll, soup and salad, and krispy noodles.

berner 04-11-20 04:22 PM

Today was a fine day here with temps in the mid 50s F and clear skies. On pretty days with Narragansett Bay looking inviting, I'm really glad I live here. As far as cycling goes, people are courteous, always willing to give a cyclist a break. It is surprising that in the middle of the highly populated northeast there are so many lightly traveled rural roads with very good riding.

I rode 16 pleasant miles, about half on suburban roads and the return on the bike path. In the middle of gloomy pandemic news, trees are beginning to leaf out and flowers are are beginning to bloom so it is hopeful and I'm happy to see growth and cheerful colors. The bike path was a bit busy but I'm glad people are out walking or riding bikes. If you are not trying to set speed records, the bike path can be pleasant.

big john 04-11-20 04:25 PM

Went for a 4 hour ride and met Heathpack for the first time. I dropped my chain and she passed by. I had seen her once before and wasn't sure if it was her so I caught up to her and I recognized the bike from a picture she had posted on this thread. She was surprised and I didn't want to make a nuisance of myself so I took off.

Bah Humbug 04-11-20 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21413170)
Healthy? No. Healthier? Eh, I can go with that.

You don't like battered and fried fish? Something ain't right with you. :mad:

Eh... yeah not really. And we knew that.

WhyFi 04-11-20 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21413226)
Eh... yeah not really. And we knew that.

:lol:

Pirkaus 04-11-20 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21412959)
Sounds better than plain. How do they compare to Flamin' Hot Cheetos?

"Warm" but not as "hot", but addictive as hell!

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21413193)
Wine<BEER Any day.

FIFY

datlas 04-11-20 05:01 PM

Looks like LAJ has a lock on the leaderboard this week.

Kudos!

datlas 04-11-20 05:02 PM

Going out to pick up Indian carry-out for my delayed birthday dinner.

:bday:

WhyFi 04-11-20 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21413193)
Wine>beer. Any day.

With wings? Nope - beer.

But they're both gifts from the gods and both have their place. Now that I think about it, I haven't been on a wine kick in ages. Maybe I should pick up some bottles... :foo:

indyfabz 04-11-20 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21413277)
With wings? Nope - beer.

Wine>wings>beer

WhyFi 04-11-20 05:17 PM

We had a really good take-out meal from a semi-fancy place that we would occasionally visit for happy hour. They have inexplicably turned in to a value champ by figuring out the take-out family meal - more places need to do this instead of leaning on their regular menu items. It just makes things more simple on both ends, ours and theirs. We got a whole rotisserie chicken, two sides, a salad, baguette and dessert for a reasonable price. Fed the family and then some. This was the second time ordering from them; last week, we got a taco 10-pack, chips, guac, beans, cake, etc. That was pretty darn good, too.

WhyFi 04-11-20 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21413287)
Wine>wings>beer

:notamused:

But hey - I don't have to choose, so you can be silly if you want to. :p

Pirkaus 04-11-20 05:58 PM

I'm just gonna leave this here.

LAJ 04-11-20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21413269)

Kudos!

Thanks! As you can see, it's sort of like off-season training again. :cry:

Velo Vol 04-11-20 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21413219)
She was surprised and I didn't want to make a nuisance of myself so I took off.

Oh.

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21413269)

Why is he riding so much?

datlas 04-11-20 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21413421)
Why is he riding so much?

He must be a serious cyclist.

WhyFi 04-11-20 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21413425)
He must be a serious cyclist.

That or he wants to justify some Taco Bell tonight.

LAJ 04-11-20 07:02 PM

I asked Mrs. LAJ if she wanted Taco Bell tonight.... She ixnayed it.

Bah Humbug 04-11-20 07:15 PM

No Taco Bell. I haven't had it in... literally maybe ever.

Thai tomorrow, if they're open. Honest Mary's sometime this week, whenever AG goes to get her allergy shot.

BillyD 04-11-20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21412972)
Just think of them as little orange cat turds. Then you won't want to eat them, and possibly anything else depending on how your stomach is. So, you're welcome.

The crunchy ones are so good my imagination doesn’t stand a chance.

BillyD 04-11-20 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21413287)
Wine>wings>beer

wings>wine>beer

Heathpack 04-11-20 07:38 PM

Updates:

1. Magic Bike odometer flipped over 17000 miles yesterday.

2. Nice ride today. Some random dude rides up next to me and asks “Are you Heathpack?” Wut? It was bigjohn ! Shut up. :D

3. Baked a carrot cake.

LAJ 04-11-20 08:05 PM

Dang....

https://www.bikeforums.net/road-bike...-3-wheels.html