Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Bah Humbug 03-31-22 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22456869)
Have been meaning to ask- still considering a move to Saratoga?

Not Saratoga likely - Fort Collins os the leader, or maybe stay in Austin.

phrantic09 03-31-22 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22456941)

Both sound better.

Global is allegedly building another fab here if the CHIPS act passes (I assume it will).

big john 03-31-22 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22456746)
Ryan Trebon rode his MTB with the Lefty fork at a damp race in Vancouver, USA. I guess he figured it wasn't a UCI event, so might as well have fun. I bet his XC rig was only a pound or so heavier than his CX rig back then...

https://www.roadbikereview.com/cdn-c...82-700x466.jpg

I remember he rode for Kona. Tall racer.
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albu...=278&crop=fill

genejockey 03-31-22 08:52 AM

That was a stroke of luck!
Wordle 285 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

big john 03-31-22 09:50 AM

Wordle 285 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bah Humbug 03-31-22 10:19 AM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...fd3da53ba8.png

That’s more like it.

Mojo31 03-31-22 10:32 AM

Looks like recovery is coming around.

Any relationship to the real estate developer?

Bah Humbug 03-31-22 10:42 AM

Yeah that was the best run, by far, since the crash. Did my favorite warm-up ride (Amalfi coast, predominantly downhill interspersed with some uphill surges) and then rolled out on the run... and it felt just like running should. Cadence drooped after the first mile as the vim ran out of my legs, but my hip barely barked at all. Now to see what tomorrow is like.

Real estate developer? No, not aware of one with my last name at all. Poor New England farmers...

datlas 03-31-22 10:43 AM

CNY is too cold anyway, right? Although the allure of Whiteface Mountain being just a 2 hour drive....hmm.....

Bah Humbug 03-31-22 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22457138)
CNY is too cold anyway, right? Although the allure of Whiteface Mountain being just a 2 hour drive....hmm.....

Everything colder that HI is too cold anyway. CO is better than CNY, but still. Mountains... I clearly have no interest in winter sports.

datlas 03-31-22 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22457143)
Everything colder that HI is too cold anyway. CO is better than CNY, but still. Mountains... I clearly have no interest in winter sports.

I too have zero interest in winter sports. But I like to ride my bike up hills. Longer is better. The longest hill near here is barely 2 miles and a wimpy 4-5%. Tougher hills like 8-10% are 1 mile at best.

Whiteface is 8 miles at 8%. There is nothing that even comes close to that around here.

Mojo31 03-31-22 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22457136)
Yeah that was the best run, by far, since the crash. Did my favorite warm-up ride (Amalfi coast, predominantly downhill interspersed with some uphill surges) and then rolled out on the run... and it felt just like running should. Cadence drooped after the first mile as the vim ran out of my legs, but my hip barely barked at all. Now to see what tomorrow is like.

Real estate developer? No, not aware of one with my last name at all. Poor New England farmers...

The real estate developer, Michael Ayer, did the Davenport 360 project in Austin.

Koyote 03-31-22 11:28 AM

I lived in FoCo for 15 years, and still have ties there. Great place overall, and a great place to be a cyclist. It has gotten pretty crowded and expensive, though.

Bah Humbug 03-31-22 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Koyote (Post 22457183)
I lived in FoCo for 15 years, and still have ties there. Great place overall, and a great place to be a cyclist. It has gotten pretty crowded and expensive, though.

Not by comparison to Austin. All decent cities are like that, really. I’d prefer back to Boulder in abstract, but AG’s work would potentially make FoCo much easier.

LAJ 03-31-22 11:37 AM

Ft. Collins is trying to out-Boulder Boulder. It's an interesting thing to witness.

Koyote 03-31-22 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22457194)
Ft. Collins is trying to out-Boulder Boulder. It's an interesting thing to witness.

Yep. I first got to FoCo in '85...It was a bit like Boulder, only smaller and without the self-conscious hip-ness. Now it's an altogether different place.

LesterOfPuppets 03-31-22 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22456887)
Wordle 285 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I consider 4 a victory since I had no idea what was going on.

Same. 4 is kinda meh, but the game said "Splendid!"

Bah Humbug 03-31-22 01:12 PM

Fort Collins just got another step closer.

Jack Tone 03-31-22 01:18 PM

Replaced the battery on my Garmin 520. A lot easier than the replacement on my wife's old Kindle. The screen has to be pried off gently to access the battery, and this is the result. It works, though :foo:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bc349d6939.jpg

Edit: The video I used made it look easier for the screen removal. Knowing what I know now, I would have used a heat gun on the edges for a bit. It was really glued on well.

seedsbelize2 03-31-22 01:35 PM

I didn't know Kindle batteries could be changed.

Jack Tone 03-31-22 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22457332)
I didn't know Kindle batteries could be changed.

That's why it was harder. But still possible.

phrantic09 03-31-22 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22457115)

Nice pace on that run

BillyD 03-31-22 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22456331)
Eventually I made it into the canyon where I used to live. Lots of unusual houses there.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d53058a4e7.jpg

Wow, this reminds me of this hippie joint a girlfriend brought me to one day, belonged to some friends of hers, it was the hangout. Stoned hippies, smoking pot and talking nonsense day and night. I stopped seeing her shortly thereafter, despite her bountiful gifts. I remember when I met her at a public radio fund raising event, she was wearing several necklaces of beads, one of them made of flashing multi-colored lights. I decided I had to meet this person. In hindsight, I blame it on the lights. :roflmao2:

LAJ 03-31-22 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22457399)
Wow, this reminds me of this hippie joint a girlfriend brought me to one day, belonged to some friends of hers, it was the hangout. Stoned hippies, smoking pot and talking nonsense day and night. I stopped seeing her shortly thereafter, despite her bountiful gifts. I remember when I met her at a public radio fund raising event, she was wearing several necklaces of beads, one of them made of flashing multi-colored lights. I decided I had to meet this person. In hindsight, I blame it on the lights. :roflmao2:

People are magpies, and like shiny things.

Well... Most. Some clamp the top tube when it's dirty.

BillyD 03-31-22 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22456430)
I did not see the Oscars, and I expect there is plenty of blame to go around.

That said, celebrities are usually fair game for comedians’ jokes, and comedians are known for making insulting jokes, so I think the conclusion should be fairly obvious. If he made a bad joke about someone’s child under 18 that is obv a different matter.

It was a lame joke. Weak. Not laugh worthy. I'm convinced he was unaware of Jada's condition, he was just saying her close cut hair was perfect for the movie Demi Moore did bald. That's it, just a lame joke. Jada hardly even reacted, she didn't gasp or clutch her pearls or anything, she just rolled her eyes at a lame joke.

Will totally overreacted. I am so disappointed in him, he has probably ruined the rest of his acting career as well as his personal reputation. He is one of my favorite actors, I love just about everything he does and this behavior is just so disappointing.