Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Velo Vol 07-31-20 05:05 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21616322)
Here's some trainspotting action of mine from 4 years ago.

Two trains in one photo. :bday:

datlas 07-31-20 05:53 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21616446)
Yeah. Reminds me of the time when my mom had to finally replace our decades old clothes dryer. I tried to convince her that she had gotten her moneyís worth. Didnít work.

We have a washer and dryer that were already kinda old when we bought our house 19 years ago. I am guessing they may be 25-30 years old. Still work ok.

#SaturnStrong

Trsnrtr 07-31-20 05:54 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21615578)
The one that fits your frame.


My fellow mods can report me and delete this if I'm out of line but I wish this was true.

"President Trump signs new executive order on standardizing bottom brackets. Will bring peace to bike owners and bike mechanics in the USA."


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...320fb0743f.jpg

datlas 07-31-20 05:54 AM

OTOH we are on our THIRD fridge in 19 years. They don't make them like they used to.

Trsnrtr 07-31-20 06:00 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21616507)
OTOH we are on our THIRD fridge in 19 years. They don't make them like they used to.

The first fridge that my parents bought in 1953 is still running and has survived three moves. It's a Phillips.

I bought a new fridge in 2004 that died in 2014 and while shopping at all of the big box stores and a couple local appliance stores, every sales person and tech said 10 years sounds about right.

datlas 07-31-20 06:07 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21616515)
The first fridge that my parents bought in 1953 is still running and has survived three moves. It's a Phillips.

I bought a new fridge in 2004 that died in 2014 and while shopping at all of the big box stores and a couple local appliance stores, every sales person and tech said 10 years sounds about right.

They don't make them like they used to. I believe life expectancy for a new fridge these days is 7 years and that's about what we got from the last two. Our newest one is only 2 years old but hoping it lasts awhile.

I don't mind getting a new computer every 5-7 years because the technology advances etc., but an old-tech appliance should last longer IMO.

But probably I am just getting old.

rjones28 07-31-20 06:14 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21616279)
Out in the lawn I wondered what I was going to do with the newly fallen leaves. #Autumn

Leaves are still clinging to the trees here.

#justsaying

datlas 07-31-20 06:43 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21616462)
I think I may be able to ride again by tomorrow morning, knee feels 99% better.

Kudos, but to be safe make it an easy Z2 ride is my suggestion.

bampilot06 07-31-20 07:28 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4408b69b3.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...408e8ea37.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c92ba7513.jpeg
ithaca falls

WhyFi 07-31-20 07:38 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21616627)
ithaca falls

Is that gorges or what?

bampilot06 07-31-20 07:39 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21616644)
Is it gorges or what?


just put what the sign said. Itís pretty close to the hotel, had to walk through cornell to get to it. All the bridges above the falls have nets under them to help stop the college kids killing themselves.

datlas 07-31-20 07:39 AM


Originally Posted by whyfi (Post 21616644)
is that gorges or what?

twds

WhyFi 07-31-20 07:47 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21616647)
just put what the sign said. Itís pretty close to the hotel, had to walk through cornell to get to it. All the bridges above the falls have nets under them to help stop the college kids killing themselves.

It's a horrible pun that (IIRC) indyfabz is really fond of. :innocent:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...15e682acb1.jpg

phrantic09 07-31-20 07:49 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21616560)
Kudos, but to be safe make it an easy Z2 ride is my suggestion.

Iím probably going to wait until Monday to be safe. We have a ton of stuff to do tomorrow and our inspection is Sunday.

seedsbelize 07-31-20 07:54 AM

My parents had a microwave that lasted 25 years. Our most recent(and last) one lasted 3. Once appliances went digital, it was the end of long lived appliances.
​​​​​​We awoke to the memory that the granite is being installed, today, in the little lady's kitchen, and there was a lot of prep work to do. We seem to be ready with an hour to spare. :bday:

bampilot06 07-31-20 07:55 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21616664)
Iím probably going to wait until Monday to be safe. We have a ton of stuff to do tomorrow and our inspection is Sunday.


Hope the inspection goes well.

noodle soup 07-31-20 07:55 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21616216)
We hit 118į here, new record for this day! I haven't really left the house. Watching Pcad's Mets try to get a W vs the Red Sox. Dunno if it'll happen. Poor Mets just left 3 men on in the 8th. :(

It was 124F riding near Arrowhead Town Center. All those parking lots really helps to heat things up. By the time I got to the Beardsley/101 area, it was down to 119F.

Velo Vol 07-31-20 07:57 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21616524)
Leaves are still clinging to the trees here.

#justsaying

Evergreens?

phrantic09 07-31-20 08:02 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21616676)
Hope the inspection goes well.

Thanks!!

We donít have an inspection contingency, so so long as there isnít anything super costly (like a new roof) we should be good to go. This is a very abnormal buying experience. Our realtor really isnít involved and all of the conversation about the sale is between us and the owners. We just spent an hour talking to them in their driveway because they were outside while we walked the dogs by.

Velo Vol 07-31-20 08:05 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21616677)
It was 124F riding near Arrowhead Town Center. All those parking lots really helps to heat things up. By the time I got to the Beardsley/101 area, it was down to 119F.

Hot.

Velo Vol 07-31-20 08:10 AM


seedsbelize 07-31-20 08:12 AM

It appears likely I will lose that fingernail. I guess it makes sense. You don't really want a used fingernail on a new finger. The last fingernail I lost---the fingertip found its way between a recently slabbed log and the steel guide for rolling it--- came back to be better than the one it replaced. And it remains the strongest fingernail in my possession.

WhyFi 07-31-20 08:12 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21616687)
Our realtor really isnít involved ....

So how does that work? They still gettin' a cut? I guess that would be between them and the seller? :foo:

WhyFi 07-31-20 08:16 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21616699)

****ity **** - in the ratified results, he beat Contador by 23 minutes. Twenty-******g-three minutes. That's absolutely nuts.

big john 07-31-20 08:18 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21616507)
OTOH we are on our THIRD fridge in 19 years. They don't make them like they used to.

I bought a cheap fridge in 1992 and had to replace it 3 years ago. So 25 years and 5 moves including being dragged up and down stairs. The washer I bought at the same time only lasted about 20 years until the agitator started coming apart.

Bah Humbug 07-31-20 08:27 AM

I wish the Everesting made for good TV.

In other news, saw this while out this morning:


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...48f15894d.jpeg

I wish the power lines weren’t there, but it was maybe two minutes of this before it became very mundane.

datlas 07-31-20 08:29 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21616730)
I wish the Everesting made for good TV.

In other news, saw this while out this morning:


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...48f15894d.jpeg

I wish the power lines werenít there, but it was maybe two minutes of this before it became very mundane.

Wow. Liked.

phrantic09 07-31-20 08:30 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21616706)
So how does that work? They still gettin' a cut? I guess that would be between them and the seller? :foo:

Yah, she gets 2.5% because we have a contract with her. Iím hoping she does the right thing and gives us a hefty visa gift card since weíre doing all of the work.

I have a high degree of expressed control, so this is fine with me.

bampilot06 07-31-20 08:31 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21616687)
Thanks!!

We donít have an inspection contingency, so so long as there isnít anything super costly (like a new roof) we should be good to go. This is a very abnormal buying experience. Our realtor really isnít involved and all of the conversation about the sale is between us and the owners. We just spent an hour talking to them in their driveway because they were outside while we walked the dogs by.

For us it was all minor things, and the seller fixed everything the next day. The list was about 35 ish items, which was shocking but again stuff like light bulbs. The other houses we saw were in terrible shape. I donít even want to think about how those inspections would have gone.

WhyFi 07-31-20 08:39 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21616730)
I wish the Everesting made for good TV.

In other news, saw this while out this morning:


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...48f15894d.jpeg

I wish the power lines werenít there, but it was maybe two minutes of this before it became very mundane.

Nice.

Are you a Lightroom person? The content aware cloning might take care of those lines and posts pretty quickly.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.