Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

Eric F 08-23-22 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22620235)
That's only because we're entitled and soft.

I'm only medium-soft, currently.

Eric F 08-23-22 02:02 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22620666)
Average.
Wordle 430 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same. I would bet our 3rd guess was identical.

Eric F 08-23-22 02:10 PM

Last night, I was working on the townie bike I'm building for my daughter to accompany her to college next month. I realized that I spend an inordinate amount of time picking stuff up off the floor, including multiple episodes on my hands and knees with a flashlight, looking for something tiny that bounced away.

bampilot06 08-23-22 03:05 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c1ec278da.jpeg


New Kit day, The gilet is really nice.

Mojo31 08-23-22 03:14 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22620934)
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c1ec278da.jpeg


New Kit day, The gilet is really nice.

That, sir, is "full kit!"

bampilot06 08-23-22 04:10 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22620948)
That, sir, is "full kit!"

went there for shoes. They didnít have my size so I left with this.

Bah Humbug 08-23-22 04:15 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22620575)
Parody thread idea: Brazilian Waxing/It should be more popular.

I went a milder version thereof in the thread itself.

Bah Humbug 08-23-22 04:17 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22620831)
BP often can be quite variable. I advise have it checked when you are fully rested. Don't get overly fixated on one reading, I tell patients I like to act like the olympic scorekeeper: look at a bunch of BP numbers, throw out the highest and lowest, and average the rest.

That's great except when you get 120/79 and Aetna sends a monthly "how to lower your BP" thing because it's not under120/under80. On a reading taken at some random time because that's when you could do your checkup.

bampilot06 08-23-22 04:56 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22620839)
I'm only medium-soft, currently.


me too, and I have no idea how that happened.

Eric F 08-23-22 04:57 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22621092)
me too, and I have no idea how that happened.

Oh, I know EXACTLY how I got this way - LOL

bampilot06 08-23-22 05:00 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22621095)
Oh, I know EXACTLY how I got this way - LOL


I mean I did have 8 days off last week, and I did eat ice cream everyday that I rodeÖÖ So 8 days.

big john 08-23-22 05:00 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22621037)
I went a milder version thereof in the thread itself.

I saw that and it went right over my head. WTF is he talking about? Maybe it's just another thing I'm out of the loop on, like $400 cassettes going for $700.

Gues that's what I get for living in a dumpster.

Mojo31 08-23-22 05:07 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22621033)
went there for shoes. They didnít have my size so I left with this.

sWorks 7s are on sale every where. Erik's has a good selection of sizes.

bampilot06 08-23-22 05:45 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22621106)
sWorks 7s are on sale every where. Erik's has a good selection of sizes.


Eriks?


Iíve been eye balling the torches, but I think I will just stick with bontrager for now.

Mojo31 08-23-22 06:06 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22621134)
Eriks?


Iíve been eye balling the torches, but I think I will just stick with bontrager for now.

Erik's in MN. The 7s are $250 compared to $450 for the Torch. Torch has a bit wider toe box

phrantic09 08-23-22 06:06 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22621099)
I saw that and it went right over my head. WTF is he talking about? Maybe it's just another thing I'm out of the loop on, like $400 cassettes going for $700.

Gues that's what I get for living in a dumpster.

I just bought a cassette for my trainer for 55, so Iím not sure.

rjones28 08-23-22 06:09 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22620612)
You prefer wet lube?? :innocent:

Sounds messy

Bah Humbug 08-23-22 06:12 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22621099)
I saw that and it went right over my head. WTF is he talking about? Maybe it's just another thing I'm out of the loop on, like $400 cassettes going for $700.

Gues that's what I get for living in a dumpster.

For body waxing (well some types) it's ripped off with paper strips.

big john 08-23-22 06:24 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22621166)
For body waxing (well some types) it's ripped off with paper strips.

Yeah, I figured it out after seeing your comment here.:thumb:

big john 08-23-22 06:25 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22621156)
I just bought a cassette for my trainer for 55, so Iím not sure.

I saw the one I use on sale for less than $40.

rjones28 08-23-22 06:26 PM

Cheesy cycling art from Mrs rjones28's oncologist appointment today.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bf4064f2ed.jpg

big john 08-23-22 07:25 PM

Goatheads are everywhere this year. I've been spared so far but today my friend and his wife had 5 flats between them. A few miles in she ran through a pile of debris and double flatted. Great ride after that until we were back in town where the workers were weeding and they both ran through a pile of goatheads. This time he double flatted and she only did the front. I picked up a thorn and brushed it off the tire before I stopped, it did not leak.

I suppose I would need new wheels to go tubeless? Maybe I can continue the good luck streak.

genejockey 08-23-22 11:59 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22621189)
Cheesy cycling art from Mrs rjones28's oncologist appointment today.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bf4064f2ed.jpg

Not only does it have Cannondale's "Lefty" one-legged fork, but it also appears to have "Lefty" chain- and seatstays.

LesterOfPuppets 08-24-22 02:23 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22621498)
Not only does it have Cannondale's "Lefty" one-legged fork, but it also appears to have "Lefty" chain- and seatstays.

Cranks 90į out of phase too. Not that it matters with that stoker :)

LesterOfPuppets 08-24-22 02:25 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22621537)
Cranks 90į out of phase too. Not that it matters with that stoker :)

Hmm, stoker crankarms are both on the drive side. cue Twilight Zone theme.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.